TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Yannick-Jauzion_2531559.jpg

France have recalled Yannick Jauzion to replace injured centre Maxime Mermoz for next Sunday's Six Nations clash with Ireland.

Mermoz, who returned to the French side at inside centre in the place of 70-Test cap veteran Jauzion, hurt his shoulder in the second half of Saturday's opening win over Scotland in Paris.

On Sunday les Bleus boss Marc Lièvremont admitted that the Perpignan midfielder would not be fit for the trip to Dublin which will force the coach to change his centre pairing, again. Lièvremont has named 18 different back-lines in his tenure.

"Once again I will not be able to field the same backs line-up for two successive matches," he said resignedly but also with the hint of a smile after the game at the Stade de France.

"Yannick was set to play for Toulouse against La Rochelle but instead he will play in Dublin and I don't think he will complain," said the France head coach.

"He was obviously disappointed to be left out of the squad that played Scotland but I wanted to see Maxime Mermoz in action.

"This injury allows him to come back in and he certainly has a desire to prove his worth. He is a real competitor, which I have never doubted, and so much more than a spare wheel. If I recall it means that I trust him," added Lièvremont.

Lièvremont said it was unlikely Mermoz would return to full fitness before the end of the tournament.

"I think it would be complicated," said the coach.

"We're not going to talk about the nature of his injury too much and we'll leave the treatment to his club (Perpignan). He's hurt his left shoulder."

Against Scotland 24-year-old Mermoz, was making his first start since June 2010, having previously missed the 2010 Six Nations campaign with a shoulder problem.

The rest of the 23-man squad has been passed fit and remains unchanged. France will name their starting XV on Tuesday.

http://www.planet-rugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,16024_6732845,00.html

He's deffo going to have a monster game to prove Livermont he was wrong to leave him out!

Latest posts