• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v South Africa - 12.11.22

I think the issue for is intent if you take the generous interpretation of their decisions make.

DuPont is attempting to position himself to catch the ball. It's a perfectly normal act in the course of the game.

Dutoit he's thrown himself (with a little help) head first into a ruck. Regardless that's a pretty wreckless move you shouldn't be doing.

Mind you I also agree with Which Tyler on this. Defending players shouldn't be penalised for attacking players jumping into a position they are likely to occupy. DuPont positions himself to safely gather the ball and dint have to jump to compete. But is adjudged to have wrecklesly acted.
Fair points. I'm just not at all sure Dutoit acted maliciously. He kind of loses his footing just prior to getting a shove from his team mate and he was already in a very low position, this is all happening very fast as well. We know Dupont was not in anyway acting with any malice but, like Dutoit, should've either made sure he was in a position to compete or make sure he positioned himself so that he was ready to make the hit as soon as Kolbe landed on the ground.

Well, using your forehead to hit the cheekbone of someone is a very effective strategy when trying to hurt an opponent, and if you look at the replay, DuToit first intends to clear, but clearly sees Danty in the way, puts his right hand on the the floor to extend the momentum and hit full blast on Danty's face...
You can argue his initial intention is to clear the ball, but he does it head first. To be honest, Allende just alongside him does exactly the same movement, he is just lucky there is no face in front of him, just Aldritt standing up and getting the hit on his shoulder...

Nic Berry and his family got threats after his outburst on the Lions tour as well,
World Rugby have to step in, it's a ******* joke

That tweet is jarringly similar to a Trump tweet, as well

Fair points. I'm just not at all sure Dutoit acted maliciously. He kind of loses his footing just prior to getting a shove from his team mate and he was already in a very low position, this is all happening very fast as well. We know Dupont was not in anyway acting with any malice but, like Dutoit, should've either made sure he was in a position to compete or make sure he positioned himself so that he was ready to make the hit as soon as Kolbe landed on the ground.
yeah it's tough. It looks really bad but we don't know how he would have acted without the push. It has to be a red card but there a lot of what ifs. His form doesn't look great but again he was shoved.

Seriously **** Rassie. He's unhinged.

Hopefully someone takes him up on the offer to 'have a go at him' sometime soon. Utterly reprehensible conduct and something needs to be done about the governance of rugby if he can't be sanctioned for this sort of conduct.

A bizarrely naive article from RugbyPass on the matter.

I wouldn't worry, he's got himself banned again

Although a 2-match ban, for a man with his history, is pathetic.

You didn't listen after a 1-year ban, try 2 years. Do it again, and we'll double it again.

Latest posts