• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v South Africa - 12.11.22

For some reason this loss hurts more though I struggle to think why. Probably because I expected a big loss to Ireland with the line up we had but after our 2nd try here I was thinking we were going to make it.

That's the problem with carrying a player like Orie on the bench. You don't want to bring him in but we needed an injection there.

How close was that to a full strength France?

Man, was supposed to be watching this in the background as I had work to do. That didn't happen, was glued the whole time

For some reason this loss hurts more though I struggle to think why. Probably because I expected a big loss to Ireland with the line up we had but after our 2nd try here I was thinking we were going to make it.

That's the problem with carrying a player like Orie on the bench. You don't want to bring him in but we needed an injection there.

How close was that to a full strength France?
Two close losses away from home to top ranking teams has to be frustrating to SA but reassuring they are there or there abouts I think most would have probably given a small win to the home nations which showed to be the case and probably the difference, I have never really rated pollard but think I have probably massively under appreciated what he brings to the bocks in terms of structure and style of play I do wonder what would have happened were he in.

Ugh, I wish Rassie would stop with these posts. It does nothing to help the situation and as a member of the coaching team, it's bringing the worst people out of the woodwork constantly to keep commenting about the ref. I guess a positive thing is half of the comments to that post is South Africans telling him to stop doing it.

Overall it just makes other rugby fans annoyed with South African rugby fans. Potentially also alienating refs in the future who wouldn't want to ref our games because they are worried about a public attack from Rassie or have been burnt by one in the past.

Ugh, I wish Rassie would stop with these posts. It does nothing to help the situation and as a member of the coaching team, it's bringing the worst people out of the woodwork constantly to keep commenting about the ref. I guess a positive thing is half of the comments to that post is South Africans telling him to stop doing it.

Overall it just makes other rugby fans annoyed with South African rugby fans. Potentially also alienating refs in the future who wouldn't want to ref our games because they are worried about a public attack from Rassie or have been burnt by one in the past.
Its really not helping your reputation with neutral fans of matches either. Don't know how any of it helps SA.

Jesus, some of Rassie's worst tweets yet. The one about the maul isn't even accurate, the French hooker keeps his hand on the maul the entire time.

Can't wait to sit and watch this game later, sounds like a classic. Don't know what there is to read into the last two weeks' results other than France and Ireland are capable of beating SA (Which was a reasonable thing to assume anyway) it sounds like neither team quite hit their best yesterday which was absolutely the case last week too.

[DuPont card] This will be a red
Watching as-live now (too knackered last night after watching both ladies' matches in the morning).

It's red every day these days (and has been for a few years now); but I'm going to bang my drum that I hate those ones being red...
Kolbe had no business (or at least, no need) being in the air, kneed an unsighted DuPont in the temple and is 100% responsible for creating the dangerous situation; and DuPont gets the red.
It's just one of those bugbears of mine.

Oh and yes, Kolbe gets no say whatsoever in whether he goes off for an HIA - he's the last person who could know if he's okay or not; whilst also being the most biased.

The one about the maul isn't even accurate, the French hooker keeps his hand on the maul the entire time.
I hate anyone nit picking the ref's decisions throughout a game, because the nature of rugby means there'll be 1,000 small mistakes every game to pick-up on. Rassie really shouldn't be given his position.

However, had to pick you up on this Alpha. Keeping a hand on the maul =/= being bound. The player needs to have his shoulder connected to the player in front. So technically there probably was an element of 'truck and trailer' there, but it was only a split second as the maul splintered, which does happen often.

I thought Barnes' biggest mistake in this game was failing to award a penalty try to France for the 2 clear infringements from SA in that same maul. It was motoring towards the line and would have almost certainly resulted in a try had SA not infringed.

SA really don't have anything to moan about, and the 20min video picking apart Barnes' performance is pathetic!

I hate anyone nit picking the ref's decisions throughout a game, because the nature of rugby means there'll be 1,000 small mistakes every game to pick-up on. Rassie really shouldn't be given his position.

However, had to pick you up on this Alpha. Keeping a hand on the maul =/= being bound. The player needs to have his shoulder connected to the player in front. So technically there probably was an element of 'truck and trailer' there, but it was only a split second as the maul splintered, which does happen often.

I thought Barnes' biggest mistake in this game was failing to award a penalty try to France for the 2 clear infringements from SA in that same maul. It was motoring towards the line and would have almost certainly resulted in a try had SA not infringed.

SA really don't have anything to moan about, and the 20min video picking apart Barnes' performance is pathetic!
Fair play, i didn't know that.

Rassie knows the game better than I do and uses it to be an awful **** these days!

If SA underperformed next year his defence will be massively ridiculed and rightly so.

I think I'll preface this comment by saying it's not aimed at those South African fans who are proper rugby supporters and can accept you can have legitimate gripes and you can have times where things simply don't work out for you, also where things go your way.

However, this is at the rest of the South African base with Erasmus at the top, jesus christ what is wrong with them? Literally every single loss is being blamed on the ref. Hosts on the TV saying they were man for man better in every position than Ireland (ranked #1, talk about arrogance), Erasmus constantly sniping at the reffing and completely omitting anything that goes in way of the Springboks... This victim mentality is being fed and nurtured to the most ridiculous degree I have ever seen in rugby. I've always seen ref whinging but never on this scale by people this high in the coaching setup and fan base, this clearly biased and for literally every single game. SA rugby are the most toxic in rugby by quite some way at the moment. Actions needs to be taken against SA rugby for perpetuating this toxicity, this isn't just bad fans, this is being driven by SA rugby itself, the union has made a choice to wage war with world rugby and the rest of the rugby world and needs to be held accountable. This is unacceptable behaviour.

Again, I feel for the SA fans who can recognise what a farce this all is but nothing is being done about it.

Rassie doesn't do himself any favours. You wish someone from South African team would tell him to pack it in.

Rassie doesn't do himself any favours. You wish someone from South African team would tell him to pack it in.
I wouldn't be so sure, it's seems to me he May actually be getting exactly what he wants and it's something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I wouldn't be so sure, it's seems to me he May actually be getting exactly what he wants and it's something of a self fulfilling prophecy.
self fulfilling prophecy of being an absolute W⚓

self fulfilling prophecy of being an absolute W⚓
Haha probably, more that the world dislikes and is against SA and treats them unfairly, if he alianates the non SA part of the rugby community that will in some part be true.

Ah come on, I thought we were going to at least only get one tweet... now I see there are a whole lot more throughout the day... urggghhh.

One day in the future we are going to have a legitimate massive gripe about something ala Bryce Lawrence, but because of all of this ranting in every game, no one will have any sympathy. Similarly, (and I know it hasn't happened here but in person etc.) even if I as an SA fan am not involved in this, we will all get painted with this brush, and if we want to try discuss anything constructively as an issue it's gonna get ignored as whining South Africans. All these whining fans are incredibly frustrating.

There are a lot of positives we can take out of that game, and now all the discussion is going to be about Rassie and the ref again. Our great coverage on placekicking, Willie playing a great false ten role, some incredible dedicated and forceful defense. Going for attacking chips behind... all that's glossed over now and forgotten because rants.

Latest posts