• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v South Africa - 12.11.22

Cracking test match this. France really started to play within themselves but like watching the France of old.

What a match took a while to get going but that was great.

They are playing a consistent team. Previous French teams were constantly chopped and changed.

They are building such momentum as well. Now beating all 3 SH sides over the course of last year and this year. Plus GS winners this year.

As most would have predicted very, very little between the two, quality game, France will have learned a lot coming through the right side of it.

40 minutes across the game man down, can't complain with losing so closely in the end. Generally the players stepped up and brought the intensity with their backs against the walls.

I'm hoping these two losses are lessons that the players learn from and take into the World Cup next year. PSDT in particular I can see beating himself for the next year and doing whatever he can do to redeem himself from his mistake (just seems like the kind of player that's going to be beating himself up after this, I do feel for him).

Well France are going to get to the World Cup Final next year if they get refereeing favours like that.

40 minutes across the game man down, can't complain with losing so closely in the end. Generally the players stepped up and brought the intensity with their backs against the walls.

I'm hoping these two losses are lessons that the players learn from and take into the World Cup next year. PSDT in particular I can see beating himself for the next year and doing whatever he can do to redeem himself from his mistake (just seems like the kind of player that's going to be beating himself up after this, I do feel for him).
I find it hard to sympathise here the player was half on the deck vulnerable not competing for the ball or anything it was reckless, very dangerous entirely avoidable.

I find it hard to sympathise here the player was half on the deck vulnerable not competing for the ball or anything it was reckless, very dangerous entirely avoidable.

I agree the red was deserved and have no issues with it. My main point was that it's still impressive to see the team has the character to keep on fighting even when they are down to 14 men for so long.

I definitely have sympathy for PSDT as he was on the floor stumbled up and then tried to get into the ruck but then was also shoved in by Kwagga. Do I think that was his intent, no. Do I think he had full control, no. Do I think it was reckless and a red card, absolutely. Intent etc. means nothing and we need to do what we can do minimize head injuries in the game. Clear red.

Thought the Boks were good today
Showed a bit more in attack and edged the physical battle. Should be in a good place come the WC, need more depth at 10 for sure.

I thought that was the best reffing all day and O'Keefe
Can't think of any major calls which were clearly wrong, thought pinging for the continuing movement when the player was not held was a bit harsh but not defining.

Can't think of any major calls which were clearly wrong, thought pinging for the continuing movement when the player was not held was a bit harsh but not defining.
I meant Barnes and O'Keefe were the two good refs today

Latest posts