• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Frankie Dettori Racing / Melbourne Cup Challenge

Good call, if you preorder though sometimes they lose data if it has been wating for so long. It has happened to me! Also you may be interested to know that the Official Playstation2 Magasine says the game is out now. Obviously you allowed them to review it but did you know they would give people a false release date?

Originally posted by Jacko@Oct 27 2005, 05:03 PM
Good call, if you preorder though sometimes they lose data if it has been wating for so long. It has happened to me! Also you may be interested to know that the Official Playstation2 Magasine says the game is out now. Obviously you allowed them to review it but did you know they would give people a false release date?
Yeah, I was a bit surprised by that. They did the review after the delay was announced.

Wow dodgy... i do buy the mag occaisonally but couldn't that be taken as false advertising. Or advertising of the release date that was not permitted. Also they have Rugby League 2 as game of the month - obviously pretty special for you, but it hasn't been released yet and they have got comps where they give away game of the month. Clearly there will be a delay in the shipping out to winners by OPS2 and winners will get to be annoyed. You have to give them permission to review your game don't you? So did they consult about the Game of the Month comp thing? Or don't they need to?

I don't think they do jacko. once they got permission to run comp/get a free copy they can do what they like with it and send it off as fast they like. obviously if the game isn't out yet when the winner are announced then they will just have to wait a bit longer like the rest of us. As for saying the game is out that is interesting if they knew the game was delayed. may have just been mis understanding or someone screwed up by mistake.

It didn't seem to be a screw up as they mentioned it more than once in the magasine.

Originally posted by esoj@Oct 27 2005, 06:18 PM
I don't think they do jacko. once they got permission to run comp/get a free copy they can do what they like with it and send it off as fast they like. obviously if the game isn't out yet when the winner are announced then they will just have to wait a bit longer like the rest of us. As for saying the game is out that is interesting if they knew the game was delayed. may have just been mis understanding or someone screwed up by mistake.
Much like Scrap Metal: The Ultimate Salvage Yard Simulator.

Originally posted by Mario@Oct 27 2005, 04:51 PM
And its not just simple to "overstimate by 3 to 6 months" as has been suggested, because that really screws up the retail side if you get the game out on time.
How does it screw up the retail end of things one way and not the other? I work in retail as a purchasing officer. I didn't just make that up, it's in my profile. If an upcoming product is released early by six months, that would be too far ahead of schedule to slot into our head office's marketing planning, but no one has suggested over-estimating by that much.

It would not ruin anything in the retail sector that I know of for a product to emerge up to six weeks early. If it were anymore than 8 weeks then there would begin to be problems. Mostly to do with promotion, less to do with the financial side. Sure, things like this may differ for your particular part of the industry, I honestly don't know.

I do know that you seem to be having major difficulties at the moment, with your ***le, either in final development or production. I understand that this is obviously a hard job, with more involved than I know.

I find it irritating though, that we are asked to understand your position, but a little acknowledgement from you of our position seem too hard to deliver.

Unless something significant happens, I'm wasting my time obviously. This thread is pretty much redundant if absolutely 0% info is coming untill we are fortunate/unfortunate enough to find the ***le on the shelf.
I hope the last 6-7 weeks aren't an indicator of what we find on the disc when we shell out our hard-earned for it.

May i point out that this thread is about MCC not RL2. It seems like it will be a good game from what we've heard, but of course the mthod of hiring it first is best.

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Oct 27 2005, 06:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Oct 27 2005, 06:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Oct 27 2005, 04:51 PM

And its not just simple to "overstimate by 3 to 6 months" as has been suggested, because that really screws up the retail side if you get the game out on time. 

It would not ruin anything in the retail sector that I know of for a product to emerge up to six weeks early. If it were anymore than 8 weeks then there would begin to be problems. Mostly to do with promotion, less to do with the financial side. Sure, things like this may differ for your particular part of the industry, I honestly don't know.[/b]

It would be majorly detrimental given the lead times required on product catalogues, short life span on shelves, timing of preorder and promotional campaigns.

By your own admission there would be issues if it arrived earlier than 8 weeks. People on these forums are advocating 12 weeks "buffer".

Or mario can provide us all with free copies because we have been wating so patiently...

Originally posted by Mario+Oct 27 2005, 06:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mario @ Oct 27 2005, 06:39 PM)</div>
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Oct 27 2005, 06:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mario
@Oct 27 2005, 04:51 PM

It would not ruin anything in the retail sector that I know of for a product to emerge up to six weeks early. If it were anymore than 8 weeks then there would begin to be problems. Mostly to do with promotion, less to do with the financial side. Sure, things like this may differ for your particular part of the industry, I honestly don't know.

It would be majorly detrimental given the lead times required on product catalogues, short life span on shelves, timing of preorder and promotional campaigns.

By your own admission there would be issues if it arrived earlier than 8 weeks. People on these forums are advocating 12 weeks "buffer". [/b]
Just like to say two things, neither in direct relation with this quote...

Firstly, I think it's fairly safe to say that Mario knows a lot more about this sort of situation than any of us. And he seems to make a lot of sense on the matter. It may not seem fair or whatnot, but it's not worth biting his head off. I'm sure most of us are grateful of him coming here and informing us etc....Even if it is frustrating at times...

we wish jacko we wish. This thread is about mcc but lots of what happened with rl 2 with regards to promotion release dates etc is/mabye applicable to mcc as well. Sidhe I think are still a relatively small team so creating things like trailers etc for multiple games at once could be a challenge with the personel and resources they have. they also have a contract with Hes which also limits the amount of information they can give out and when they can give it out. If Sidhe were like ea I am sure we would see not only more information earlier but a lot more of it as well

I think if sidhe are that small then shouldnt they be cocentraing on one thing at a time?

I dont think anyones trying to have a go at Mario or sidhe personally, its just the frustration of the delay, and with him being active on the forums people will vent their frustration in his direction. When the games out im sure it will be complements all round, and i think Mario would expect and accept this, as its just part of the business.

personally having a go? i'm quite sure los has already done that, we gentle folk at lattimorx will be providing councelling for both Mario and Los if it is wanted.

Sidhe obiviously have a reasonable team to make rl 2 mcc and gripshift almost at the same time but its the extra things that they may not be able to cope with like trailers etc. this is where a larger company like EA can just churn it out where Sidhe is more foucsed on the game with the resources and staff they have. Sure Hes do some promo/ marketing work but Sidhe still have to produce large amounts of the media for that eg screenshot etc. I guess because mario and Sidhe are out in the public on forums etc they are bound to cop flak rightly or wrongly. I think rl2 will be awesome going by the gameplay footage and what people have said about it. I think mcc will be great as well and hopefully the wait for that like rl2 will be worth it

Well, I've decided to abandon my frustration, (which has of course been obvious this last week or so) and just talk about whatever I can think to say about the games themselves. It's probably not been helping anyway, and I really don't want to **** Mario off. I'd think by now he knows my feelings at least, and at the end of the day, he'd bring it out tomorrow if he could, but he can't and I'm just going to live with it.
I still think it should be one of Sidhe's top objectives to prevent these kind of issues with future releases, and I reckon most of us would breathe a little easier to at least know it was on their "must do" list. Thats about all on that really.

So, if your out there Mario, are there likely to be any classic horses in MCC? Phar Lap, Makybe Diva etc, etc?

(Please no "neither confirm or deny")

I dont know about creating video footage, but of you hav RL2 on pc u can can just print screen. In half an hour u could hav 20 diff screens ready to go, its that simple isnt it? and for game play footage we dont need any catchy adds like that first "rugby league has evolved" thing, raw footage is better. Now like I said, I dont really know but wouldnt it be as simple as taking screens, just hitting record for ten minutes, saving it as a windows media file and voila! I think it would be easy for anyone at sidhe to belt hese things out, so I think they must be bound from doing so by something in their contract with HES or whoever.

Jacko, I dont think Los lover is personally hateful towards Mario, hes just trying to shake things up all the time.

I think we should perhaps leave this thread until some news on MCC eventually filters through.............(one day)

Obviously people are very frustrated, but there are other related threads you can vent that frustration in.

Hell, I'm certain Mario is frustrated with HES himself (all he has really said in the past was that he was "disappointed" in the English promotion of RL1), but he is not about to "bite the hand that feeds him" is he??

Well I have to take that back it seems like Los has Lost his cool, damn, he called Mario wogboy. thats plain naaasty

Latest posts