Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
On TV in 10 minutes.

Should be a great match. History will be made today regardless: bigger for Novak who, should he win, will hold all 4 Grand Slams; for Murray he will be the first British men's player in the Open era to win Roland Garros.

For me Novak will win in 4 sets.

Last edited:
First set Murray. Maybe the weight of tennis history is beginning to weigh on Novak's shoulders. Let's see what the Serbinator is made of. Murray is playing very well ATM though.

Last edited:
First set Murray. Maybe the weight of tennis history is beginning to weigh on Novak's shoulders. Lets see what the Serbinator is made of. Murray is playing very well ATM though.

Well you totally cursed it. Damnit man, almost had a chance then.

Well you totally cursed it. Damnit man, almost had a chance then.

Haha, no way, the Serbinator stepped up and is grinding Murray down into the clay dust. Now serving for the match and to hold all 4 slams is no fluke.

Haha, no way, the Serbinator stepped up and is grinding Murray down into the clay dust. Now serving for the match and to hold all 4 slams is no fluke.

Djokovic to win in 4 sets was a pretty accurate prediction it seems.

I love Murray, but he's got infuriatingly little execution when it matters.

Uh oh... looks like Andy Murray is Scottish again!!

Uh oh... looks like Andy Murray is Scottish again!!

Yep, British when he wins; Scottish when loses.:)

Seriously, he's the best player Britain have produced in over 70 years since Perry, and his Wimbledon win in 2013 means his legacy in the game is ensured. Having said that I've never been a huge fan of him as a player and the British media hype is over the top here because there is no one close to him, male or female. One headline on the bbc website before the tournament was asking whether he was the new King of Clay after he beat Novak in Rome (despite Novak's sole focus being to win Roland Garros and being more than double the ranking points of Murray going into tournament).

Anyway, roll onto SW19 and for me still the best tennis tournament in the world. Difficult to see any player stopping Djokovic now unless his level drops and he got served off of the court. The calendar year Grand Slam is on and what an achievement that would be since Rod Laver's in 1969 when 3/4 slams were played on grass.

Last edited:
Seriously, he's the best player Britain have produced in over 70 years since Perry, and his Wimbledon win in 2013 means his legacy in the game is ensured..

Well, the best male player anyway because Ginny Wade wasn't half bad; won all four singles Grand Slam tournaments including two French Opens, ranked as high as No. 2 in the world in singles, and No. 1 in the world in doubles.

Well, the best male player anyway because Ginny Wade wasn't half bad; won all four singles Grand Slam tournaments including two French Opens, ranked as high as No. 2 in the world in singles, and No. 1 in the world in doubles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Wade

Virginia never won the French; got to two QFs. She was before my time and also you just can't compare men's achievements with the ladies because of how many sets they each play in Grand Slams; regardless of how sexist that sounds. But hey that is for another thread.

Last edited:
He is indeed!

Wonderful achievement, although in truth he'd have been slaughtered if he'd have lost yesterday - he owes Querry in particular a huge debt of gratitude. Some people are calling him one of the greatest Brits in any sport ever. He's very very good, but he's not in that stratosphere as he's not been the dominant force in his sport for any period of time.

He is indeed!

Wonderful achievement, although in truth he'd have been slaughtered if he'd have lost yesterday - he owes Querry in particular a huge debt of gratitude. Some people are calling him one of the greatest Brits in any sport ever. He's very very good, but he's not in that stratosphere as he's not been the dominant force in his sport for any period of time.

+1

He is indeed!

I'd disagree with this. He's played argubally in the era of 2 of the games greatest and a tough era. He gets grief for his persona but I admire his drive and fact he is professional and competitive to the max.

I'd disagree with this. He's played argubally in the era of 2 of the games greatest and a tough era. He gets grief for his persona but I admire his drive and fact he is professional and competitive to the max.

3 of the Greatest Federer, Nadal and Novak have 43 Grand Slams between them - and all 4 slams. Murray just won his 3rd yesterday - puts it in perspective. Difficult to see who will make that jump up to really challenge them in the next few years. You only have to look at the Masters 1000 series to see those four have also dominated at that level.

Federer will be kicking himself for letting Raonic get out of that 4th set in their semi; it really was his best chance of another slam. As good as Raonic serve is is his return of serve is dire; for me he lacks the complete game to challenge the Murray and Djokovic in the next 2-3 years.

Latest posts