• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French squad for 6 Nations

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 20 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 20 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever seen him play? He is absolutely class with ball in hand, his kicking has improved a lot. His goal kicking is average but the scrum half (either Parra or Elissalde) will do it.
The only thing he lacks is experience, since he is very young and plays in a club that doesn't play the H-Cup. It will come quickly.[/b]
Its just anytime Ive seen him play for France they seem to be loose snd unorganised unlike Beuaxis who, even though has his moments of sheer stupidity, can control a game very well...
[/b][/quote]

The french coaches don't like that kind of slow fly halves ala Beauxis or O'Gara. TD is our Sexton, if you will, with a lot of flair (but less kicking abilities). He hasn't had enough game time at international level to show his skills but I can tell you I have rarely seen a player with such attacking flair when his forwards are doing good.

Boyet is good too, very allaround player, and a great boot, so if we are sinking he will replace Trinh Duc.
[/b][/quote]
I will be watching him closely so during the six nations and I wouldnt say Jonny Sexton has any less kicking ability than most other international out halves...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ho do France plan on doing well this year with the worst out-half in the competition???[/b]

I have this bizarre feeling that you would not be saying that if O'gara was starting...Am I wrong ?

See you in 50 years for your next Slam... :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 21 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ho do France plan on doing well this year with the worst out-half in the competition???[/b]

I have this bizarre feeling that you would not be saying that if O'gara was starting...Am I wrong ?

[/b][/quote]
Who said he wasnt starting???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 21 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Hehe. Coming sooner than you think.

Every one says France have been picking 1001 players, but all the names are familiar apart from a couple. I've given up on Baby.

Bastareaud is the biggest potential, and I hope the comments about him developing his game are true.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 21 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 21 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Even better! Your stand off cant tackle or pass for **** and you have a dig a Trinh-Duc ? CLassic!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 22 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 21 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 21 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Even better! Your stand off cant tackle or pass for **** and you have a dig a Trinh-Duc ? CLassic!
[/b][/quote]
Nobody said ROG's tackling was good, but his passing is - especially with the boot (as Teh Mite keeps reminding us, he was born in America):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_2NmTDH-E

p.s. How to embed vids in new format??

No Medard, Traille or Mermoz, are they injured? France are ridiculously spoilt in the backs department.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jockstrap @ Jan 22 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No Medard, Traille or Mermoz, are they injured? France are ridiculously spoilt in the backs department.[/b]

Traille and Mermoz are injured, and Medard form has not been the greatest this year. Poitrenaud is the starter at Toulouse. However, given that Poitrenaud plays consistently **** for France, expect Floch or Porical to be brought in at some point during the tournament.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 20 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever seen him play? He is absolutely class with ball in hand, his kicking has improved a lot. His goal kicking is average but the scrum half (either Parra or Elissalde) will do it.
The only thing he lacks is experience, since he is very young and plays in a club that doesn't play the H-Cup. It will come quickly.[/b]
Its just anytime Ive seen him play for France they seem to be loose snd unorganised unlike Beuaxis who, even though has his moments of sheer stupidity, can control a game very well...
[/b][/quote]

Lionel Beauxis can be brilliant in fact. The good man showed his amazing skill against Bath in the H cup, but he has to stop with his no-hand tricks like he performed against Bath as well. Elisalde can be a very accurate fly half, as he proves time and time again for Toulouse. And if necessary, freddy michalak can be skillfull sometimes aswell.
Isn't it time to try florian fritz in the center?

Yes I know, i want as many S.T. players in french xv, why not?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JaN9(USRS) @ Jan 29 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Lionel Beauxis can be brilliant in fact. The good man showed his amazing skill against Bath in the H cup, but he has to stop with his no-hand tricks like he performed against Bath as well. Elisalde can be a very accurate fly half, as he proves time and time again for Toulouse. And if necessary, freddy michalak can be skillfull sometimes aswell.
Isn't it time to try florian fritz in the center?

Yes I know, i want as many S.T. players in french xv, why not?
[/b][/quote]

Because they're ****? ;)

Elissalde cannot play Fly half at international level, he's too small. Fritz has been tried lots of time already (as has Poitrenaud)but he's got blinkers on and apparently he's a pain in the ass off the pitch. Michalak is probably close but it says something that even his own coach doesn't know if he's a 9 or a 10. Besides, he hasn't really improved his game in all this years, and his kicking game is now ****.

And about Beauxis, no. Just no.

One week Guys :p

Pressure is growing up !

Not too sure about this french team , misses some good guys at the back ...not confident in poitrenaud and even rougerie . they have played for France many times and never really "blown up" i think , little bit useless to make them play (i do not see them playing at the RWC so...do not get me wrong , they are not bad players but i'm not sure at all that they have some new things to show ..and we know them already quite well...) , i would have preferred more young guys like medard , david , porical...to give them a bit of playtime on the international level (international matches are becoming rare before RWC) . sad that we do not see Mermoz and Dupuy too (injured et banned) . Dupuy is a great scrum-half , even if you think he is a ******* , he is a very smart player and i think , as elissalde can be , he is really the French good scrum-half (like in the tradition of French scrum-half) . Parra is a little bit too tender in a way , you have to have a "big mouth" and to be a little "vicious" for that "job" :p . Elissalde...i do not know what to think... i could see him as a substitute for Dupuy for RWC . I think David will play next tournament matches , he is coming back from an injury so he should be ok soon. to finish , nice to see Estebanez in this team , he is playing very well i think .

On the forward side , not too much to say ...misses Barcella but Picamoles is coming back again so i think it should work well .

looking forward to next weekend !

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Jan 30 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dupuy is a great scrum-half , even if you think he is a ******* , he is a very smart player and i think , as elissalde can be , he is really the French good scrum-half (like in the tradition of French scrum-half) . Parra is a little bit too tender in a way , you have to have a "big mouth" and to be a little "vicious" for that "job" :p . Elissalde...i do not know what to think... i could see him as a substitute for Dupuy for RWC .[/b]
I don't rate Dupuy - does the scrum half stuff ok, but then incredibly stupid to get banned. I understand the vicious bit, like Gregan for Australia, but the point is to gain advantage rather than try and blind people. Plus he wasn't that good when playing in the English league. Elissalde is the man for now - Yachvili injured at the moment? - not sure about the future 9 for France. Long time since we've seen a great one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 29 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Jan 30 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dupuy is a great scrum-half , even if you think he is a ******* , he is a very smart player and i think , as elissalde can be , he is really the French good scrum-half (like in the tradition of French scrum-half) . Parra is a little bit too tender in a way , you have to have a "big mouth" and to be a little "vicious" for that "job" :p . Elissalde...i do not know what to think... i could see him as a substitute for Dupuy for RWC .[/b]
I don't rate Dupuy - does the scrum half stuff ok, but then incredibly stupid to get banned. I understand the vicious bit, like Gregan for Australia, but the point is to gain advantage rather than try and blind people. Plus he wasn't that good when playing in the English league. Elissalde is the man for now - Yachvili injured at the moment? - not sure about the future 9 for France. Long time since we've seen a great one.
[/b][/quote]
Dupuy little anoyying french b******... enough said... Elisalde better place kicker than Dupuy and much smarter player than Dupuy imo... Parra... enough said...

Stade played some brilliant stuff against Castres without Dupuy and Box. Papé was impressive. Even without Barcella, Yachvili, Dupuy etc. France will take some stopping.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 29 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Jan 30 2010, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Elissalde is a great player , he is a bit old , i'm dubitative about him...he has never really shown something exceptional in French team sadly IMHO . it is not too much about age but more about consistency with performances and i think elissalde lack of that when he is playing for France. If it was O'driscoll , still dangerous at 52 years old :p , i would not mind .

Dupuy is quick and smart i think , he is quite directive with his forwards , he is controlling and opening quite well the game . he has done very good international matches in june and in november .

I rate them equally but Dupuy is more a bet on the future than Elissalde.

After these too , Parra is a good choice...

Yachvili ...if everybody is injured why not ? :p

Little news about french team . Second row Millo-Chlusky is injured and he is being replaced by Julien Pierre from Clermont . The main effect would be to see Pascal Pape from stade francais starting the match .

Speaking about Pape , you had a premonition MunsterMan . I agree with you , he has done some very nice matches lastly.

Happy to see Benjamen Boyet coming in for a real match in the blue shirt.

Never been very impressive, but we have to reckognize that each time he had been selected, it was for "tricky" selection in B teams for tests match versus NZ or O'z...
Looks a bit like Lionel Beauxis IMO, but if heis kicks are shorter, they're more precise. I think he also have a better vision of the match, and shows more alternatives in the game.

Whatever, fly half position is still a bit sensitive for us. Nice perfs from Trinh-Duc, but still waiting for a world class player here (Viesniewski ??)

Latest posts