• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

French squad for 6 Nations

C

Charles

Forwards : Thomas Domingo (Clermont), Luc Ducalcon (Castres), Sylvain Marconnet (Stade Français), Nicolas Mas (Perpignan), William Servat (Stade Toulousain), Dimitri Szarzewski (Stade Français), Sébastien Chabal (Racing Metro), Romain Millo-Chulski (Stade Toulousain), Lionel Nallet (Racing Metro), Pascal Pape (Stade Français), Julien Bonnaire (Clermont), Thierry Dussautoir (Stade Toulousain), Imanol Harinordoquy (Biarritz), Alexandre Lapandry (Clermont), Fulgence Ouedraogo (Montpellier), Louis Picamoles (Stade Toulousain)

Backs : Jean-Baptiste Elissalde (Stade Toulousain), Morgan Parra (Clermont), Benjamin Boyet (Bourgoin), François Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), Mathieu Bastareaud (Stade Français), Fabrice Estebanez (Brive), David Marty (Perpignan), Yannick Jauzion (Stade Toulousain), Vincent Clerc (Stade Toulousain), Benjamin Fall (Bayonne), Julien Malzieu (Clermont), Aurelien Rougerie (Clermont), Alexis Palisson (Brive), Clement Poitrenaud (Stade Toulousain).

Forwards ok. Would not have picked Rougerie (Donguy instead) and Poitrenaud (Floch or Porical instead). Other than that, no big surprises...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wertas @ Jan 20 2010, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yann David is injured? It will be interesting 12 and 13 selection.[/b]

No he is fit but they're both outside center and Basta is better. David never passes the ball. I guess that's what you want from yout typical English centre but... :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 20 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't really know Benjamin Boyet. What sort of player is he?[/b]

Nobody really knows Boyet apart from the Bourgoin fans :D . He's the classic, no nonsense Flyhalf. Good hands, good feet, good defense. The more all round 10 available I guess, since Elissalde is too small to play 10 at international level.
Boyet is gonna be the back up for Trinh Duc who will be the starter with Parra at 9.

I predict Bastareau to have an awesome 6N

Recently he's been very good and agressive.

Btw unrelated but how come we can't embedd youtube vids anymore ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jan 20 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 21 2010, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jan 20 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mathieu Bastareaud...So many jokes spring to mind.[/b]
Whenever he's on the ball I just call him Matthew *******.
[/b][/quote]
Careful man, he'll claim you attacked him with four other guys!

Jokes.
[/b][/quote]

It's funny because since the big fuss, he's progressed a lot as a rugby player (and as a person one would think). He's started to pass the ball, kick grubbers, running decoys, support lines etc.

Plus he can also play #8. Ergo he is awesome :lol:

What about Baby and his position? I read about him what he is 13, but played at fly-half, fullback and wing :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wertas @ Jan 20 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What about Baby and his position? I read about him what he is 13, but played at fly-half, fullback and wing :D[/b]

Baby is the new Castaignede: can play well anywhere from 10 to 15 but is always injured and doesn't have a "real" position. He'd be a star in 7's if it was popular in France.

Ho do France plan on doing well this year with the worst out-half in the competition???

Well his game management is not good.

Other than that he is class. from what i've seen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ho do France plan on doing well this year with the worst out-half in the competition???[/b]

He started for France when we beat the All Blacks last summer and scored a great try. No Irish player has ever started in a team that beat the All Blacks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Jan 20 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Other than that he is class. from what i've seen.[/b]
So basically what your saying is he can place kick... and thats it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Jan 20 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Other than that he is class. from what i've seen.[/b]
So basically what your saying is he can place kick... and thats it...

[/b][/quote]

Have you ever seen him play? He is absolutely class with ball in hand, his kicking has improved a lot. His goal kicking is average but the scrum half (either Parra or Elissalde) will do it.
The only thing he lacks is experience, since he is very young and plays in a club that doesn't play the H-Cup. It will come quickly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 20 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have you ever seen him play? He is absolutely class with ball in hand, his kicking has improved a lot. His goal kicking is average but the scrum half (either Parra or Elissalde) will do it.
The only thing he lacks is experience, since he is very young and plays in a club that doesn't play the H-Cup. It will come quickly.[/b]
Its just anytime Ive seen him play for France they seem to be loose snd unorganised unlike Beuaxis who, even though has his moments of sheer stupidity, can control a game very well...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 20 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He started for France when we beat the All Blacks last summer and scored a great try. No Irish player has ever started in a team that beat the All Blacks.[/b]
Larry Moloney, Seamus Dennison, Tony Ward, Donal Canniffe, Gerry Mc Loughlin, Pat Whelan, Moss Keane and Brendan Foley just to name a few...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 20 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing he lacks is experience, since he is very young and plays in a club that doesn't play the H-Cup. It will come quickly.[/b]
Its just anytime Ive seen him play for France they seem to be loose snd unorganised unlike Beuaxis who, even though has his moments of sheer stupidity, can control a game very well...
[/b][/quote]

The french coaches don't like that kind of slow fly halves ala Beauxis or O'Gara. TD is our Sexton, if you will, with a lot of flair (but less kicking abilities). He hasn't had enough game time at international level to show his skills but I can tell you I have rarely seen a player with such attacking flair when his forwards are doing good.

Boyet is good too, very allaround player, and a great boot, so if we are sinking he will replace Trinh Duc.

Latest posts