• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GAA Thread

Whatever about their advantages, winning five in a row of anything is an incredible achievement. It takes an awful lot of desire, effort and consistency to manage it in any sport.

Hard not to admire them really. Cluxton, McCarthy, O'Sullivan, McCaffery, Fenton, Kilkenny in particular are easily up there with anyone to ever kick a ball for me (Brian Howard and Con O'Callaghan aren't far off reaching that level either). Fenton, Cluxton and McCaffery are on a different level to anyone else ever in their positions.

Big shout out to my homeys going up against Corofin this weekend.

Tough ask but with the rub of the green who knows.

It is indeed! One of four GAA sports, but it and handball are nowhere near as popular as Hurling or Gaelic Football. I mostly played it during PE classes in primary school.
I know handball is but wow learn something new every day. I thought rounders was just a sport for laugh.

Things getting a bit more lopsided now.

Still think it's mental a team was going into an all Ireland semi with odds as long as 100/1

Marking on O'Callaghan hasn't been good enough. He's far too good to be given the space he's had.

And we've got to the point where I'm left with no choice but to want the Dubs to win. They will too, Mayo let 3-12 in today, they'll not keep Dublin to less than 20.

It is indeed! One of four GAA sports, but it and handball are nowhere near as popular as Hurling or Gaelic Football. I mostly played it during PE classes in primary school.
So GAA sports are:

Gaelic Football
Hurling/Camogie
Gaelic Handball
Gaelic Rounders

Still more?

So GAA sports are:

Gaelic Football
Hurling/Camogie
Gaelic Handball
Gaelic Rounders

Still more?
Those four are it! As I said the popularity of hurling and Gaelic football completely eclipse the other too. The only time I've seen rounders played competitively was during the 125 year celebration of the GAA. Rounders was however a precursor to baseball.

So GAA sports are:

Gaelic Football
Hurling/Camogie
Gaelic Handball
Gaelic Rounders

Still more?
Believe it or not. I asked a mate yesterday who knows a lot on this and there are 6. Ladies Gaelic football would be defined separate to mens as rules differ.

Mayo were a match 15v15 but Dublin have subs who'd be starters for any other county. Howard is rarely talked about but such an impressive footballer.

Finally a final without the Dubs this weekend. Dessie did a good job dismantling an untouchable team in two years.

I don't really mind whoever wins it, good story for both but will definitely be up for Tyrone.

Latest posts