• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gaining 10 kg

What are peoples' opinions on creatine?

Worst stuff you can take. Unless you plan on staying in a gym 24/7 it turns to fat fast and is much harder to shred.

Its a short cut to building up but longer term will harm you. Don't advise it either if you play fitness sports

Haha, it seems to divide opinions everywhere. I was takimg it for a few months but took a break the last month or so because I didn't have any, I did like it but not sure if I'll go back on it.

I used to take it religiously but found it did literally nothing for me other than retain water.

Worst stuff you can take. Unless you plan on staying in a gym 24/7 it turns to fat fast and is much harder to shred.

Its a short cut to building up but longer term will harm you. Don't advise it either if you play fitness sports

I kind of disagree with this.

If you take it you do need to make sure you are really active.

But used correctly it is a pretty damn good supp for Sports IMO.

Trouble is not many people who use it do so correctly and end up getting fat (Well pot bellied at least). (Kind of like the people who drink Protein shakes whilst doing little exercise thinking the protein does alot of the work).

Last edited:
I kind of disagree with this.

If you take it you do need to make sure you are really active.

But used correctly it is a pretty damn good supp for Sports IMO.

Trouble is not many people who use it do so correctly and end up getting fat (Well pot bellied at least). (Kind of like the people who drink Protein shakes whilst doing little exercise thinking the protein does alot of the work).

Just from my own experience I think its a good short term boost but long term it drains you. I don't disagree with what you're saying at top but as you say you need to stay very active.
Like being honest unless your a Pro athlete training 4 or 5 hours daily at high intensity your natural intakes of protein etc should be sufficient.
It is a debatable thing but for me I think the negatives of long term cons over power short term gain.

Again it drpends on person too maybe

Just from my own experience I think its a good short term boost but long term it drains you. I don't disagree with what you're saying at top but as you say you need to stay very active.
Like being honest unless your a Pro athlete training 4 or 5 hours daily at high intensity your natural intakes of protein etc should be sufficient.
It is a debatable thing but for me I think the negatives of long term cons over power short term gain.

Again it drpends on person too maybe

Don't disagree with any of that.

Just saying if used correctly it does provide a big enough benefit for usage.

But agree unless you are in a position where an physical activity is involved for a large chunk of your day (So say sport at semi pro level or near semi pro level or competing from a BB POV ) you won't need it.

Again the negatives that could potentially happen long term are only if you use it incorrectly or use too much IMO.

Don't disagree with any of that.

Just saying if used correctly it does provide a big enough benefit for usage.

But agree unless you are in a position where an physical activity is involved for a large chunk of your day (So say sport at semi pro level or near semi pro level or competing from a BB POV ) you won't need it.

Again the negatives that could potentially happen long term are only if you use it incorrectly or use too much IMO.

Yes but being honest. If you are following it correctly your in a minority. And thats where issue is.
With Munster after every session their protein shakes are prepared with exact weights/scoops by nutritionist preparation in mind.

If a normal person goes to gym they just put 2 or 3 scoops in and think lovely. Like too much isn't doing any good either. But I think anyone 9n creatine etc needs to be aware of how to take it as effects like kidney damage can occur if not done right

Yes but being honest. If you are following it correctly your in a minority. And thats where issue is.
With Munster after every session their protein shakes are prepared with exact weights/scoops by nutritionist preparation in mind.

If a normal person goes to gym they just put 2 or 3 scoops in and think lovely. Like too much isn't doing any good either. But I think anyone 9n creatine etc needs to be aware of how to take it as effects like kidney damage can occur if not done right

TBH doing things incorrectly is a wide spread gym problem.

I'm gobsmacked by the amount of people i see lifting either way to much or with the crappiest form i have ever seen and routinely doing so it's like they don't know that lifting like that can do serious back damage and when you try to say something you get a comment like "Whatever" fuking does my head in.

IMO at 16 schools should start to do classes about the correct way to lift weight, supps and there pros and cons etc esp with the recent surge in roid usage.

Trouble is there is so much Crap on the internet.

TBH doing things incorrectly is a wide spread gym problem.

I'm gobsmacked by the amount of people i see lifting either way to much or with the crappiest form i have ever seen and routinely doing so it's like they don't know that lifting like that can do serious back damage and when you try to say something you get a comment like "Whatever" fuking does my head in.

IMO at 16 schools should start to do classes about the correct way to lift weight, supps and there pros and cons etc esp with the recent surge in roid usage.

Trouble is there is so much Crap on the internet.

That is bang on. Was at a physiotherapist conference and 1 of biggest issues is adults between 18-25 developing bad longterm damaged backs. Main cause was poor form and knowledge in exercises such as deadlift and squat. From physio POV I can stress how vital it is to get techniques right and to stretch areas like hamstrings hip flexors backs and shoulder blades for range

1. Stretching is for cowards.
2. Due to injuries I can't do free weights anymore.
3. Correlation is not causation.

I'm always so impressed when I see the technique of the competitive lifters.

Remember seeing Transworld Sport showing a lifting club in some LDC. Can't recall the country (maybe Africa somewhere) but do remember that the instructors would not allow any weight to be added until form was spot on with an empty bar. Try selling that idea to your average Fitness First meathead.

Isnt Creatine banned from sale in France but you can order it online and have it shipped from the UK?

Remember reading about it in confessions of a Rugby Mercenary. The author didn't rate the stuff and was unhappy when the French team he was playing for insisted they all took it..once it had gotten through costumes.

Isnt Creatine banned from sale in France but you can order it online and have it shipped from the UK?

Remember reading about it in confessions of a Rugby Mercenary. The author didn't rate the stuff and was unhappy when the French team he was playing for insisted they all took it..once it had gotten through costumes.

Not anymore anyway, its on the shelves here.

France has a few different regulations regarding supps.

Not sure on all of them but i know a few supps you can get here are (Or where) banned in france.

Latest posts