• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game Crashes?!

K

kungfuchicken

Lo,

When i play a match after e few (real) minutes the game suddenly stops and after waiting 3 a 4 sec. there comes a black screen and my pc is crashed! can somebody plz tell me a secret option or something thanx

This is the ONLY game I've played on my pc which causes crashes.

My hardware should manage this game ok , it may be coz I'm running Norton anti virus in background. Sometimes it crashes big time, other times it just shuts the program down and goes back to desktop, though usually it's OK.

I'll try it without Norton, if I still get probs then I might e mail EA and get one of their ever so helpful automated responses.

Ah this problem. Don't worry mate, I won't have the solution for you tonight, but I'll be able to get it to you tomorrow once I remember what the exact solution is. We had exactly the same 'symptoms' with Fifa 2003. All we needed was a new Invidia Graphics card or something like that. Anyway, I;m not sure exactly what it was but thats roughly it. After we got that the game was able to work again.
I think it's the same problem anyway, sounds the same.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I don't think I need a new nvidia card, I've got an ATI X800XT PCI-e. Wouldn't touch nvidia with a bargepole any more, too noisy.

I guess it's just "one of things" that sometimes crop up with PC gaming.

I'm just telling you how I solved an identical problem. It was actually an Invidia Graphics driver I think.

well all off u thnx alot for trying to help me i will format my pc and uses all the latest drivers, let u know if that works

I've got the latest ATI drivers and think I've got the latest sound card drivers. I played it last night having disabled my Norton Anti Virus and had no probs, it may be coincidence or maybe Norton was interfering with it.

Thanks for the advice Contepomi but I think I can only use the ATI Catalyst Drivers with my card.

check ur screensaver is off, whilst running a game if it is one wt will pop up whils t u play and slow down play or stop it all together

seems like if I run the game by inserting cd and then clicking on the play option that the cd throws up on the screen, fine.

If I already have cd in drive, and play by clicking on the Rugby 2005 icon on desktop, it is susceptible to crashes.

Don't think it was Norton causing the problem.

Wierd

Latest posts