• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

Littlefinger's a right crafty bugger isn't he.

Also can we please talk about how bulls**t the beginning of the episode was? How are Bron and Jaime not surrounded by Dothraki? Jaime can't have been under water for more than 2 minutes and I refuse to believe that Bron was able to trawl a man in full metal armour any more than 50 metres to shore. Yet in less than 2 minutes, the entire Dothraki army, Dany and a dragon have completely cleared the area and none of them even attempted to give chase to Jaime Lannister? There's no logical explanation to this, Dany would've wanted him captured and he submerged literally right in front of her. The amount of conveniences like this are just taking all tension out of the show. If the show-runners have no believable way to get characters out of perilous situations then they shouldn't bother putting them in the perilous situations. All it does is say to viewers that now we're in the penultimate season, all major characters are untouchable. Because let's be honest, there's no way anything bad will happen to Jon in the north, there is no real stake there.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Yeah with you on the start of the episode, but let's face it, they weren't going to kill those two off just yet. Enjoyed the episode, was expecting something less enthralling after last weeks as they were never going to be able to top it. It really had everything.

Little finger is the ultimate sneak assassin who I can't help but hate. Good to see Gendry back, love the hammer. What a weird bunch of people heading out to catch a white walker....

My guess is Dickon,
Think he's going to have a big part to play
Lol, maybe not

Great episode, Gillie dropping the Jon Targaryan bombshell
Where's Sam going to end up? Reckon he makes it back to winterfell? Or stops in at his old house again and finds out everyone's dead?
I hope Bron doesn't get ****** up by Cersei :(

Littlefinger vs Arya is going to be great but also infuriating, especially with Jon north of the wall and then heading straight back down south.

Yeah with you on the start of the episode, but let's face it, they weren't going to kill those two off just yet. Enjoyed the episode, was expecting something less enthralling after last weeks as they were never going to be able to top it. It really had everything.

Little finger is the ultimate sneak assassin who I can't help but hate. Good to see Gendry back, love the hammer. What a weird bunch of people heading out to catch a white walker....
The start of the episode would've been so much better if Jaime and Bron had been captured and the Jaime-Tyrion meeting had happened then instead and Jaime and Bron were then released to negotiate with Cersei. Would've killed two birds with one stone as well as showing character development and trust built between Tyrion and Dany.

The start of the episode would've been so much better if Jaime and Bron had been captured and the Jaime-Tyrion meeting had happened then instead and Jaime and Bron were then released to negotiate with Cersei. Would've killed two birds with one stone as well as showing character development and trust built between Tyrion and Dany.
Completely agree on this,
How did Tyrion even link up with Bron? Not like he can just walk around the bars and brothels hoping to find him, He may be short but he does stand out a bit

Davos embracing the memes with the "I thought you might still be rowing" line

The shorter season is really telling with how fast everyone is travelling especially. Westeros would destroy the olympics in rowing with Jon's team.

Yep some of the timelines are really f'd up. Like how does Jon get to Castle black/the wall so quickly within the same episode, whilst the White walkers army must be the slowest walking army and still haven't reached the wall.

And Sansa's note to Rob from S1, for those like me who paused it and tried to read it, only for parts of it being blurred.

"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert's brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King's Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark. Your faithful sister, Sansa."

Little Finger trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya.

Sam you ******* dolt! Probably the most important plot point he's stumbled across.

Great to see Gendry back.

That's one he'll of a team of badasses Jon has assembled only really needs Arya, Brianne and Bronn to complete the living badass fighter set. Maybe Greyworm....

So is Jon the true heir to the iron throne as he's not technically a bas'd?
Pretty much he's the L
PRINCE that was promised. He has more plot armour than Dany. He pretty much can't die which is why in the books even though he's just been stabified most readers knew he'd be back.

Edit: terminology issues

I agree, the timelines are getting wack! Probably trying to fit everything in the remaining episodes. But there's so much else you can show us... I wouldn't mind 30 minutes of the Hound f***ing **** up and saying 'c**nt'.

Imagine a Bronn and Hound team up.

Yes.

Sam you ******* dolt! Probably the most important plot point he's stumbled across.

Great to see Gendry back.

That's one he'll of a team of badasses Jon has assembled only really needs Arya, Brianne and Bronn to complete the living badass fighter set. Maybe Greyworm....

But Sam doesn't know Leanna is Jon's mother yet, so how can he put that little snippet together that she is probably the one Ragar married after his first marriage got annulled and that JS is their legitimate son and heir. That was for the viewers purposes.

Blindside Sam's a bright boy and I wouldn't be surprised if there was further detail beyond the annullment about the marriage to Leanna and possibly a birth. If we can put two and two together through those kind of snippets in the first book Sam sure as hell can.

Blindside Sam's a bright boy and I wouldn't be surprised if there was further detail beyond the annullment about the marriage to Leanna and possibly a birth. If we can put two and two together through those kind of snippets in the first book Sam sure as hell can.

I think he will later on if he and Gilly are heading back to Winterfell and after Bran tells J that his mother is Leanna. Just in yesterday's episode he doesn't have this bit of information to piece it with Prince Raegar's annulled marriage and have that light bulb moment to get Gilly to read further; he was so preoccupied with as he said being tired of "reading about the achievements of better men"/fed up with clearing up sh*t, f'd off that the Maesters wouldn't listen to him about Bran's note and figuring out what to do next and where to take Gilly and the baby. But it was another breadcrumb left for the viewers to all but confirm that Raegar and Leanna were married and John is not a *******.

Also I hope he took that book with him, along with all the other scrolls/books he nicked from the restricted section.

Last edited:
Another awesome episode!

My biggest issue with that episode is why didn't Jon just hop on his dragon, fly over the wall and have the dragon grab a white walker in mid-flight and come back???

Anyway, a lot of testosterone is heading north of the wall now...

Davos was my favourite in this episode, loved his response when he was asked what would happen if they steal their boat.

Another awesome episode!

My biggest issue with that episode is why didn't Jon just hop on his dragon, fly over the wall and have the dragon grab a white walker in mid-flight and come back???

Not yet H. They are Daeny's "babies" and she's not ready to let one of them go yet, despite being amazed that Drogon let John stroke him and not realising that this indicates that he is a Targaeryan. Or blinded by her "attraction" to him.

Think Sam will have put two and two together regarding Jon and his parents. Sure Sam will know that he is 'b******' and will think on his travels and it will come to him.

Anyway ...

Oivcais.jpg

Some others ...

w4NqUrS.jpg

b60cGRs.jpg

fmrFGC2.jpg

yVwaNQN.jpg

YOE1yDR.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe Greyworm's still 'dry humping' Misandei? We haven't seen him for a couple of episodes.

Latest posts