• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

Holy balls that was good!

Thormund and the Hound talking about Brienne is probably my favourite scene of anything ever, so good.
The dragons turning up to their little ice island was up there with the Rohirrim turning up to Minas Tirith, for me.

Bloody ice dragon!
What's gonna happen with Sansa and Arya?! Has Arya already killed little finger and is using his face to see how much she can trust Sansa?!

Brilliant episode. Ice dragon reveal was the first time I've thought that actually the living may not win.

Thought there were a few revelations about the actors' ability. I thought Emilia Clarke really came out of her shell this episode now that she's actually been given something to work with. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Maisie Williams' monologue was pretty awful. Sounded like she was reading straight from the script, there was 0 emotion and I don't think that's what she or the director were going for. It was pretty lazily written aswell to be fair to her.

I liked that episode but too much last second sudden saving for my liking. Benjins (sp?) death in particular just seemed weird, charges in gives jon the horse and gets himself killed. I'm sure the horse could have carried both of them...

Called the ice dragon before it happened though :D

Holy balls that was good!

Thormund and the Hound talking about Brienne is probably my favourite scene of anything ever, so good.
The dragons turning up to their little ice island was up there with the Rohirrim turning up to Minas Tirith, for me.

Bloody ice dragon!
What's gonna happen with Sansa and Arya?! Has Arya already killed little finger and is using his face to see how much she can trust Sansa?!

IMO Littlefinger is either
a member of the faceless guild who overcame with greed and a desire for power that left the guild
or could also see it being
Jaqen H'ghar who is pretending to be littlefinger.

Either way i hope they don't kill him off just yet for me he is the best of the human baddies in the series IMO.

JealousDefensiveGartersnake.gif

IMO Littlefinger is either
a member of the faceless guild who overcame with greed and a desire for power that left the guild
or could also see it being
Jaqen H'ghar who is pretending to be littlefinger.

Either way i hope they don't kill him off just yet for me he is the best of the human baddies in the series IMO.
Interesting,
There's definitely more to him than meets the eye.
Apparently his family originate from Braavos and that's why he was surprised to see Arya water dancing vs Brienne

Oh my sack! What a brilliant episode!

Loved Thormund and Hound's discussions.

So is it safe to say that Tyrion isn't a Targaryen now? At least we know he won't riding scaleback...

Also on Sansa and Arya, I think Arya is trying to show Sansa that she's not her dumb little sister anymore, but like she has always mentioned that she is a Stark first, and on of the faceless men second. That first mask looked a lot like Samwell Tarly though...

That was pretty awesome not my favourite episode of the season but it was pretty awesome.

No real questions think people might be reading too much into pedofinger. No real shocks apart from ice Dragon which I'm glad is Viseron which make the most thematic sense.

Forgot to say with the shows/books attitude towards death was kind of impressed that it added real tension to the Ice Battle scenes.

Only gripe is that in reality all that died was a bunch of red shirts and Thoros who is a minor character at best.

Which leads us to episode 7 main cast member has to go otherwise this will be the first season we haven't lost one. I think we'll lose a Stark sister or Little finger. I'm more likely to be on a Stark sister, family is way too happy right now.

Last edited:
If a sister goes down i reckon it will be sansa.
With littlefinger framing Ayra for it and revealing her faces to the lords of the north who he seems to have alot eating from his hand.

That's if a sister is to go down.

Forgot to say with the shows/books attitude towards death was kind of impressed that it added real tension to the Ice Battle scenes.

Only gripe is that in reality all that died was a bunch of red shirts and Thoros who is a minor character at best.

Which leads us to episode 7 main cast member has to go otherwise this will be the first season we haven't lost one. I think we'll lose a Stark sister or Little finger. I'm more likely to be on a Stark sister, family is way too happy right now.
Although he's not necessarily a character the loss of the dragon is surely the death that will have most impact on the result of the ultimate battle that the show has had.

Although he's not necessarily a character the loss of the dragon is surely the death that will have most impact on the result of the ultimate battle that the show has had.
It'll have an impact but I don't consider it a major loss, mainly because can most people name a dragon other than Drogon? Having read the books I struggle other than remembering they are named after Virseys and Rhaegar. Even in the show they don't bother mentioning which one actually died I had to look it up even though Viseron makes the most sense.

Seriously though part of what makes battles intense is characters can actually die this season if the first where the lead players appear to have plot armour and way too many redshirts and minor characters have died.

I'd be very surprised if they killed off a sister

I'm not sure a main character will die, it's not like they have to. Part of the good thing with GoT is how they're not afraid to kill off main characters but it's not like it's a necessity.

It doesn't look like there's going to be a big battle in the finale so we could be safe, though I coule see Cersei either killing people with a trap or demanding an execution or two in exchange for peace (I imagine she will want one of the westerosi traitors as hostage, Tyrion Varys or even Jorah or Brienne.)

Also, the hound is headed to Kings Landing...

Did anyone else notice the eye of the wolf opening on longclaw, when Jon hauled himself out of the water?

Jesus Christ.

That was the episode that just wouldn't stop giving. At the hour mark I was thinking that Littlefinger's death was going to be the main shock of the episode. Wow. I really thought that this was when we'd see Jaime kill Cersei and I wasn't sh*t-scared that it was the end of him.

Then there's the confirmation that Jon is a true Targaryen; while in true GOT fashion he's having incestuous sex with Dany.

And finally the white walkers. After last week, even with their dragon I still felt confident that they would be defeated but now I really don't know. They are terrifying. The clapsing of the wall is undoubtedly the most momentous moment that the show has ever thrown at us. Contextually it made the red wedding look tame. That ice dragon is just something else.

I need more time to digest that episode but for now Jesus Christ seems like a fair assessment.

Wow, wow, wow!!! It just keeps getting better. And now we need to wait at least a year for s8.:(.

Last edited:

Latest posts