• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

SEASON 8 NOW!!!!!!

Loved the episode from Baelish getting his just dues to Cersei backstabbing everyone to Cersei almost killing Jamie (I honestly thought he'd go) to the White Walkers tearing down the wall (researched I think Tormund is okay).

Ultimately though it was getting absolute confirmation of Jon's lineage and his eventual marriage to Dany. And the characters knowing I wish he found out this episode but hey ho. But that's 7 years since I read Game of Thrones of waiting and speculation for it.

In George RR Martin's words this is all going to end Bittersweet. I think Jon will ascend to the Iron throne, but Daeny won't live to be by his side.

Anyone else suspicious of Tyrion? Looked pretty guilty at the end and didn't see the end of his conversation with cersi....

Unsure, Tyrion has ultimately always tried to do the right thing...even with his family I can't imagine he'd betray them.

I suspect he knows Cersei will backstab them all but he needs to convince them that going full throated at the white walkers....essentially he has betrayed them to save everyone.

Unsure, Tyrion has ultimately always tried to do the right thing...even with his family I can't imagine he'd betray them.

I suspect he knows Cersei will backstab them all but he needs to convince them that going full throated at the white walkers....essentially he has betrayed them to save everyone.
Makes a lot of sense. Telling them he convinced her but knowing it wouldn't happen.

Tyrion's advice as hand of the queen has been **** as well: Attacking Casterley Rock when it ultimately had no value, not protecting Highgarden and allowing the Jamie to sack it and steal the gold to now allow Cersei to pay back the Iron bank to then fund her purchase of a Mercanery army; his idea of going beyond the wall to get a Wight to show Cersei and try and persuade her to fight with Jon and Daeny. I just don't think he's a very good hand, as much as I love the character.

Tyrion's advice as hand of the queen has been **** as well: Attacking Casterley Rock when it ultimately had no value, not protecting Highgarden and allowing the Jamie to sack it and steal the gold to now allow Cersei to pay back the Iron bank to then fund her purchase of a Mercanery army; his idea of going beyond the wall to get a Wight to show Cersei and try and persuade her to fight with Jon and Daeny. I just don't think he's a very good hand, as much as I love the character.
I think his time as Hand in season 2 shows him to be a good peacetime Hand he's just an utterly **** General unlike his brother.

Hell of an episode!
I really thought Jaime was gonna get his head cut off. Very glad he didn't and I did have an inkling from the start that he'd turn in Cersei if she didn't go against the undead. Wonder what he's going to do now? I thought he'd catch up with them on the way to the harbour initially but looks like he's headed north alone - hopefully he tries to recruit houses as he goes.

Tyrion standing outside the door while they had aunty/nephew sex was weird. Something definitely not right there - it's not even like he's thinking him and Daenerys are gonna get it on, And you'd have thought he'd he happy about jon/Daenerys cause he likes them both.

The little finger trial scene was great, I really thought he'd gotten to Sansa.

Euron's "betrayal" as well, Cersei always one step ahead.

Yeah Euron in the book was so much better, I don't get why they just turned him into Jack Sparrow.
I know in the books he comes across as one scary mellon farmer but not a c-word like Joffrey or Ramsay. In this yup don't get the Jack Sparrow impersonation.

I think his time as Hand in season 2 shows him to be a good peacetime Hand he's just an utterly **** General unlike his brother.

Yep, not a wartime consigliere, just like Tom Hagan wasn't one in the Godfather. Not good for winning the war.

Also can we take a moment to think about my man Jorah.

Has there ever been a man who has been friend zone quite so hard and brutally as him?

At least he didn't get too close to his own family..........

She's shown literally zero interest in banging him since the day they met, By this point it's his own fault for holding out hope.

Bet he posts on his Facebook about how girls are only interested in rich arseholes and nice guys like him get tossed to one side

She's shown literally zero interest in banging him since the day they met, By this point it's his own fault for holding out hope.

Bet he posts on his Facebook about how girls are only interested in rich arseholes and nice guys like him get tossed to one side

Lol.

The Facebook pages of the GOT characters would be seriously messed up.

I think Tyrion is simply jealous of Jon snow and hasn't betrayed them, he just feels that another love of his life is being taken away. I can't see him making a deal with Cersei, he knows that she will always want to kill him and he can make no deal to stop that, also his worry about the white walkers seems genuine. For him to suddenly allow everything to **** up for some deal with Cersei? It doesn't add up.

SO happy about Littlefinger's fate though, I was convinced he would succeed at turning the Starks on each other. That dragon bit though... Winterfell is next on the menu and they will not be able to put up a fight at all unless either the living dragons are there or they have some of those scorpions maybe tipped with dragonglass?

I think Tyrion is simply jealous of Jon snow and hasn't betrayed them, he just feels that another love of his life is being taken away. I can't see him making a deal with Cersei, he knows that she will always want to kill him and he can make no deal to stop that, also his worry about the white walkers seems genuine. For him to suddenly allow everything to **** up for some deal with Cersei? It doesn't add up.

One theory I saw was that he's worried about the idea of her getting pregnant/having an heir.
He was keen on a democracy before, When talking about succession, mentioning the nights watch and the iron isles ways of electing a leader.

Breaking the wheel and all that jazz

On the ice dragon, maybe it was just me but it seemed like it was being portrayed as much faster than the other dragons. It may be nothing though.

Latest posts