• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

The main worry with those armies is ships.

How many ships Yara get hold of might be the big thing. Unless Dany still has the ships that transported her.

Dorne has pretty much no ships and will they have many ships in Mereen

I'm glad the white walker stuff is over to be honest, I never liked that storyline. Am I only one who thinks the CGI is ****?? I remember watching the first series with the missus, the first time they appeared on screen we both just burst out laughing, like are we supposed to be scared of that...?

7 series later I still can't take them seriously as something to fear! Im much more interested in the politics and machinations of humans anyway, looking forward to the rest of it

I'm glad the white walker stuff is over to be honest, I never liked that storyline. Am I only one who thinks the CGI is ****?? I remember watching the first series with the missus, the first time they appeared on screen we both just burst out laughing, like are we supposed to be scared of that...?

7 series later I still can't take them seriously as something to fear! Im much more interested in the politics and machinations of humans anyway, looking forward to the rest of it
Weren't they all practical effects back in S1?

My theory for the end of the show.

Tyrion and Cersei will both die, Jon and Sam will be killed by Dany to cement her claim to the throne, Dany will be killed by Varys when he realizes she's just another tyrant who he's backed since season 1. After all Varys "serves the realm" so it makes sense. Varys will be BBQ by a dragon thus ending the Red witch's prophecy. Sansa will sit atop the iron throne with Jamie and Brienne serving as her Queens Guard, Arya will be the warden of the north and Bran will get wheeled out to new locations to do some staring.

Naa definatly gendry and arya on the iron throne with sansa as queen in the north. Jon turns down either throne. Everyone else dead as a big civil war broke out between jon and dany after cercei. All proper dead. :) #teamstark ;)

Naa definatly gendry and arya on the iron throne with sansa as queen in the north. Jon turns down either throne. Everyone else dead as a big civil war broke out between jon and dany after cercei. All proper dead. :) #teamstark ;)

Arya is definitely not fit to lead anything. Gendry either, Sansa married to Tyrion again would have been a nice crew to rule the kingdoms. But Arya and Gendry couldn't rule their way out of a waste paper basket.

They only fit ruler was lady Mormont...all is lost...epic death though

What if instead of Arya killing Cersei like everyone is thinking she kills Jamie?

Is Jaime on her list??

I'm thinking we're going to have Clegane-bowl, the hound loses and then Arya finishes off the Mountain, and then she snipes Cersei.

Avoid Reddit.

Don't be like Tigs Man and have spoilers pop up on the your front page because you follow a certain sub reddit.

Thankfully avoided some majors ones I think but still....

For the first time in the series I'm off #TeamDaenerys

Agree on the pacing - it's all messed up and removes a lot of the impact of stuff.

Guess that's the last we'll see of Tormund :(
"WHICH ONE OF YOU COWARDS **** IN MY PANTS"

Jon not saying bye to Ghost was a big black mark in my book. The shot of Ghost/Tormund/Sam/Gilly watching Jon leave was ominous - makes me feel like Cersei is going to end up on the Iron throne and no one is coming home.

Not fan of Euron's repeated "Surprise, *****!" moments - three times he's come out of nowhere to take out a large chunk of an army. Plus all those ships, bobbing around, managed to take out a flying target with pinpoint accuracy? and what the hell are those ballista missiles made out of? How can a dragon be killed so easily with wood and steel(?)

You can tell the budget got really bad by how D&D used ghost.

Prob the main reason why he wasn't petted was because they cut corners with how the CGI worked on the Dire Wolves.
Went from
xn12x4xlqkbz.png

to

V8Sl_mZQRuWdSajFVneryNQdJcmioVgsJC6Yu4VYVEQ.jpg

Yeah just watched it. Agree on the pacing is a bit messed up, but glad it's back to the old human rivalries and back stabbing and who's going to end on the Iron throne, which is what GOT is best at.

John telling Arya and Sansa to swear before keeping telling them the truth of about his heritage only for Sansa to spill the beans to Tyrion, then to Varys reminded me of that film Stand by Me when two of the gang making the others swear on their mother's good name before divulging their secret. It was never going to stay secret for long. Sansa showing she is not her father Ned's daughter when it comes to honour and keeping secrets.

This is all going to come to whether Jon stands up to Dany and also Jamie V Cersei, once he finds out Euron's been banging her; The Hound/Arya v the Mountain. Whether it's going to satisfying i am becoming increasingly doubtful. It's become too big and too many threads to close off for that. But there's still enough goodwill left in the show for me to overlook the flaws for now.

Latest posts