• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game wrecker

yep...

but I use it all the time and the only time I EVER get penalised is when I have been totally isolated and they want all rights to the ball - otherwise it doesn't happen.

The tackler initiates the tackle and the first hint of contact is made...you press and hold right analogue stick down......when you want halfback to get ball depress it....the arrow will switch from the ball holder-on-er to the half back...

keep working at it...I got penalised more at first than I ever do now....must have consistent timing.....you can sometimes even snatch the ball back from them just after they've stolen from you with R3 but only do it in desperate situations...

Once you are revertignsteals after you have held onto the ball and they have snatched - you will know that the r3 button is under your control!
<

What's wierd about it (on PC version anyway) is that you can hold it down to kill the ball, but it's only when you LEAVE GO that the ref penalises you.

Once you've held the hands in ruck button down, you are committed to keeping it held down until the ruck has ended - either with a scrum to you or a penalty against you.

This game was really sucking for me before this tactic came about. I was always losing the ball even when my forwards where right there just staring at the breakdown really ******* off!!!! Never could build more than 4 phases it was just unrealistic and no fun.

I know use this tactic all the time and I am really enjoying it!! Much more realistic.

I know this has been covered but this is for the guys who are still struggling.

1) As you get tackled hold the r3 button down
2) Hold until first guy gets bound before realising the r3( I always released to early)
3) Don`t worry about pressing the x button for binding as your forwards will automatically bind themselves, rather use your left analogue stick to guide the forwards towards the ruck like old JLR
4) Release the R3 and you will even here the ball drop.

I hardly ever get penalties against me know only if I was isolated or no support which is how it should be!!!

Latest posts