• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gameplay Video

Originally posted by Boltman+Jan 28 2006, 05:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Jan 28 2006, 05:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nik
@Jan 28 2006, 06:31 PM
the bunching actually looks worse than rugby 2005...
Yea yer' right as well, no one here might as well waste their time playin' this peice of rubbish!!

<
[/b]
It's all constructive criticism BM... We're not saying "THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ARE BUNCHED", just noting that they have yet to fix that.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 28 2006, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 28 2006, 07:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Boltman@Jan 28 2006, 05:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-nik

Yea yer' right as well, no one here might as well waste their time playin' this peice of rubbish!!

<
It's all constructive criticism BM... We're not saying "THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ARE BUNCHED", just noting that they have yet to fix that. [/b]
Yeah, especially for people who say Rugby 06 has everything... well it does - high class bunching never seen before in rugby! Didn't know props could keep up with backs in sprints.

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 28 2006, 06:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 28 2006, 06:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 28 2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Boltman@Jan 28 2006, 05:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-nik

<

It's all constructive criticism BM... We're not saying "THIS GAME SUCKS BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ARE BUNCHED", just noting that they have yet to fix that.
Yeah, especially for people who say Rugby 06 has everything... well it does - high class bunching never seen before in rugby! Didn't know props could keep up with backs in sprints. [/b]

Come on man. It's bad, but no worse than last time. If enough other things are fixed, it'll be easy to wait a year for that fault to be corrected.

Let's not shoot them for fixing, say 7 out of 10 faults!

Prop's out-running backs. Hmm, lets see. I remember Richard Bands, out-pacing Carlos in a 40m sprint to the line a few years back. (O.k, he has a slight headstart).

Yup 2005 with stars above there heads(It is EA after all). I really did not expect much more as long as it had the animation bug fixed i will be happy. I think we all know deep down that it will take a loooooonnnnnggggggg time before the perfect game comes out.

Oviously these companies want to produce a good game but I think rugby is very complex to programe for I mean Fifa 06 is far from good(not in the same league as PES 5) so until one of the boys from Konami decide to make rugby games we are still going to be waiting a long while.

all im gona say is that the game looks fine in my books. guys where lucky to have a rugby game 2 play i dont mind if it isnt 100% real thats why real rugby is so awsum. games arnt real! theyr just fun dont expect to have the real thing.

AMEN dude thats awesome ^^.

If y'all want a real rugby experience, go out and play
<

I dunno what yoy lot are complaning about. No-one knows how it plays yet, apart from Locks who says its awsome, yet it's already being called **** because of a couple of stats that some pedantic idiots think are a bit off or because it looks similar to last years code.

If it looks similar, it's proberbly because it's a sequel!

And as for the stats, if New Zealand are at 98% while the next best are at 85%, the game would get bloody boring now, wouldn't it. Remember that problem in WCR?

Half of you lot need to lighten up and play it before criticising it.

so there, dont play on Easy! problem solved. Easy is for the beginners. We......are MASTERS.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 28 2006, 09:18 PM
Prop's out-running backs. Hmm, lets see. I remember Richard Bands, out-pacing Carlos in a 40m sprint to the line a few years back. (O.k, he has a slight headstart).
I seem to remember Bands Swatting Carlos off rather than it being a matter of pace.

I have nothing to say on topic as being a 56ker the videos would take forever to load.

Originally posted by Serge@Jan 28 2006, 11:38 PM
I have nothing to say on topic as being a 56ker the videos would take forever to load.
Bugger for you man,

You gotta make the switch! Its handy

Originally posted by Serge+Jan 29 2006, 12:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Jan 29 2006, 12:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Jan 28 2006, 09:18 PM
I seem to remember Bands Swatting Carlos off rather than it being a matter of pace.

I have nothing to say on topic as being a 56ker the videos would take forever to load. [/b]

I'm a New Zealander and I loved it. Swatting or not, it was a thing of beauty!

A prop isn't supposed to run faster than a Mr Whippy truck, we all know that!

i think johnny is on steroids in that footage look how fast he is compared to the other players

I agree with whoever said you can't take much from the video - looks wise rugby 2006 is great but as the game is obviously played on easy its hard to say much more.

A couple of things I have noticed is side view seems to look far more playable this year. The camera is at a better angle and slightly higher up giving you a better perspective of the field. I might even give side view a shot this year, see if I can get used to it, especially as classic view seems to have a serious flaw.

Also noticed the same problem of the fly half standing still when he recieves the ball although I suppose this can be rectified with the new 'run onto the ball' feature. Hope so anyway!

the best part about the new game from the video in my opinion is that when you break through the defence you seem to pull away which is good as i think you will have a one on one situation with the fullback where as in 05 if you handed off the fullback it slowed you down and you were caught from behind.

First - I don't recall seeing any props keep up with a back in the footage.

Second - there are offloads used in the footage. Especially right in the beginning when Pez (Italy) makes a break, he passes, the next guy offloads and it gets intercepted by France who boot it down the pitch.

Umosay - a study in world flags would show that the yellow team are Spain and the red team are Japan. Shame on you.

The breaks being made are similar to those on Easy level. I'm assuming it's on Easy. It does seem a helluva lot smoother . . . but we won't know until we actually play it.

I'm looking forward to the game more though from watching this video.

Though I didn't like the slow-motion when the Tongan flyhalf chip kicks, and the Italians brutalizing the French in the scrum . . .

Anywho, Good find, maddog

Latest posts