• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gameplay Video

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jan 29 2006, 05:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jan 29 2006, 05:01 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Serge@Jan 29 2006, 12:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-C A Iversen
@Jan 28 2006, 09:18 PM
Prop's out-running backs. Hmm, lets see. I remember Richard Bands, out-pacing Carlos in a 40m sprint to the line a few years back. (O.k, he has a slight headstart).

I seem to remember Bands Swatting Carlos off rather than it being a matter of pace.

I have nothing to say on topic as being a 56ker the videos would take forever to load.

I'm a New Zealander and I loved it. Swatting or not, it was a thing of beauty!

A prop isn't supposed to run faster than a Mr Whippy truck, we all know that! [/b]
I'm a NZer who's a fan of SA and loved it too. Just saying that he was not beaten on pace. Although the prop of today is a lot faster/mobile than the prop of 5-10 years ago.

That video did Rugby 06 no justice at all. That was without a doubt on Easy mode.

The side cam is garbage in my opinion. Classic 2 is the way to go.

Trust me, Rugby 2006 is great.

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 29 2006, 10:17 AM

Worse then on R2005 locks?

'cuz thats the only view I'll play the game on and I found playing sideview on R2005 fine for playing on

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 29 2006, 09:17 AM
That video did Rugby 06 no justice at all.  That was without a doubt on Easy mode.

The side cam is garbage in my opinion.  Classic 2 is the way to go.

I trust in that locks.
Come on guys, R2005 owned its predecessor by far, there were only a few problems that were minor like the camera angles, bunching and kicking. We don't know yet, how Rugby06 will play, but from what i can see, it is much improved already. We dont have to get our expectations up, but we dont have to slam it into the dirt either.

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 29 2006, 10:17 AM
That video did Rugby 06 no justice at all. That was without a doubt on Easy mode.

Thanks locks thought as much - I couldn't believe it could be that easy! Have you tried a few games on side view though, to try and get used to it? I recon I am going to give it a go because the angle seems to look loads better in rugby 2006. Can't handle the constant switching behind the player that classic 2 offers! Oh the pains of losing my beloved classic view
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
works for me only for ie, firefox wouldn't load it for sum reason[/b]

Its fine for me, and I am using Firefox also.

I agree it does look like a smoother, sleeker version of 05 but, it doesn't mean its such a bad thing.

The moves do look a lot nicer and lineout cam etc does look better.

I can't wait for this one.

Good find dog.

Yeah no worries. It seems to be the only one out there at the moment. Im still looking though, hopeful to find another one.

i actually think from that it still looks like a bloody good game, because it doesnt appear that if tackle is pressed it automatically means if its vaguely in the right direction an animation sets in trapping the carrier (occassionally rc2006). its also worth noting, its probably on easy, and look at the team england is playing...tonga? and another of the matches is spain japan. Im not a fan of the fact jonny is our FH and also, in all the screenshots, robinson is full back still.

The big question is this. Does the defending team ALWAYS turn over the ball when you're on their try line - that was fu**ing annoying last time round!! - Locks?

Originally posted by bman2112@Jan 30 2006, 04:26 AM
The big question is this. Does the defending team ALWAYS turn over the ball when you're on their try line - that was fu**ing annoying last time round!! - Locks?
Pretty much yeah they do. Turnovers do seem to have some dependance of field position, in that the closer to the opposition line you are the higher it seems the chance of a turnover.

It was on easy for sure I am positive it looks as the same as 05 on easy. Locks would have said something. It definatley looks smoother than 05 and sure there will be issues but it looks alot better. Man I agree with you Cap that set play chip over the top is exactly the same as 05 and totally in effective as the opposing team always gets it.

Agree with you boys that Richard Bands try was one of the best by a prop for sure and what made it sweeter for us Boks was he scored it when SA was in the doldrums of international rugby man it still hurts
<
I still get nightmares.

Regarding another video......there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! GameTrailers has the only ACTUAL gameplay footage, everyone says that there is one, when in fact its just one of the trailers.

Sorry guys, it doesnt look like there is any more footage...unless someone we know here can oblige.......
<
<

read it dude, im asking if anyone here knows whether someone can get their hands on some more gameplay footage preferably on Normal or Hard mode cos there is nothing posted on the net.

I agree with Mark Shaw, besides nothing is better then getting out and playing the game itself in real life. This is just for fun.BTW the game looked good.

there's a new tutorial with footage on gametrailers.com- just posted.

Cheers,

TheDell

Latest posts