• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Games that dont take your fancy...

S

Saint N Sinner

There are plenty of games coming out Christmas onwards, but what are the games that want to make you jump of a building in disgust?

The only games I can think of are the following:

King Kong
(the graphics look sweet, but its the gameplay that gets me)

Role playing games - anything in a 3d world, chopping swords, shooting lasers, fighting trees, monsters and other fictional crap

If it isnt sport, counter terrosism, warfare, or racing - I dont wanna know about it

I can't stand GTA.

Run around
Shoot people
Steal cars
Shoot more people
Die
Shoot more people

It's so repetitive. And the sequels haven't changed much either...

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@May 28 2005, 08:42 AM
I can't stand GTA.

Run around
Shoot people
Steal cars
Shoot more people
Die
Shoot more people

It's so repetitive.  And the sequels haven't changed much either...
CURSE YOU!!!!

be sent to hell you cursed person!!!

lol

i love playing gta its like having a life you never had....love their storytelling abilities

i can just imagine playing the next gta on the ps3......a whole country or even the world!

<

....lemme add to that list

have sex
workout at the gym
take down drug dealers
break into a house and steal
pick up some mates and do drive by's
take over gang turfs.....gang wars
<

go to the country and **** off the rednecks
fly jet fighters
become a terrorist
....so much more in gta san andreas
<

I also find GTA lame. I got bored of playing Vice City after a few hours.
Its just do the same sorta thing over and over. It has got some good laughs in it. (**note I havent played San Andreas but I have played the rest).

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 28 2005, 02:02 AM
i love playing gta its like having a life you never had....love their storytelling abilities
GTA is great for blowing off steam, but the stories leave a lot to be desired when you compare it to other games. Old classics such as Mafia, Max Payne and Deus Ex all have that movie film which really gets you engrossed, whereas when I'm playing GTA I never forget I'm just playing a cartoony game.

GTA3 was the best of the lot IMO.

VC and SA were too rushed and didn't have enough polish.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 29 2005, 12:14 AM
how could it be rushed!?!?!

you could tell how much work they put into it!

the storyline wasnt like Halo(short)

it was freaking long....for both VC and SA

if someone here has clocked SA i mean by finishing the story line and all the other stuff like collecting stuff and all the secret missions....tell me how long did it take you?

Well, I'm on about 90-something % and it had taken me about 170 hours. Of course, most of that was from doing nothing, just running around killing ****.

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 29 2005, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ May 29 2005, 12:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@May 29 2005, 12:14 AM

if someone here has clocked SA i mean by finishing the story line and all the other stuff like collecting stuff and all the secret missions....tell me how long did it take you? [/b]
i am at 94%

there's a random tiny bit of gang turf to get................

dock missions

taxi missions

pimp missions

but i cant play the game anymore................i only load it up for fun.....flying, killing, rooting

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 29 2005, 12:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ May 29 2005, 12:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@May 29 2005, 12:14 AM

if someone here has clocked SA i mean by finishing the story line and all the other stuff like collecting stuff and all the secret missions....tell me how long did it take you? [/b]
Just because it takes an eternity tocomplete the game doesn't mean it wasn't rushed, dumbass.

If you look at all the glitches and bugs in the games you can tell they were rushed - especially when you have compared it to Halo which, while I agree is short, is pretty much watertight.

i use to love gta, but then i got san andreas, and it f***ed up my ps2. then i sold it and now i realise how truely **** it is...

Well had a go at Doom3. Nothing to write home about. Dare I say it but Halo 2 had a better story and kept you interested with its dual type storyline. It also had a better feel with its sensitivity. Im fact (and I hate to admit it) Halo 2's sensitivity on it's look stick is probably the best of any console. Only rivalled by Timesplitters which is very hard when you take of the auto aim to seperate the men from the boys.

So overall Doom 3 didn't blow me away like I thought it might. Also there is no split screen multiplayer on Doom 3 (??????????).

I also had a little go on Forza. Didn't take me long before I got sick of that. I have never played GT4 so I can't say if it was any better but I did think V8 Supercars was more exciting than Forza on the XBox. However in saying this I have to admit that I didn't really test Forza to the limit.

Originally posted by kinkon89+May 28 2005, 02:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ May 28 2005, 02:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Muse_Cubed
@May 28 2005, 08:42 AM
I can't stand GTA.

Run around
Shoot people
Steal cars
Shoot more people
Die
Shoot more people

It's so repetitive.  And the sequels haven't changed much either...
CURSE YOU!!!!

be sent to hell you cursed person!!!

lol

i can just imagine playing the next gta on the ps3......a whole country or even the world!

<

....lemme add to that list

have sex
workout at the gym
take down drug dealers
break into a house and steal
pick up some mates and do drive by's
take over gang turfs.....gang wars
<

go to the country and **** off the rednecks
fly jet fighters
become a terrorist
....so much more in gta san andreas
<
[/b]
Nah it sucks after a while...
sport games rule my roost!

but you can do more than just the above (in GTA - SA)......:

My brother pushed the wrong button after stealing a plane and haing ascended far upinto the clouds...he then accidently stepped out its door at about thirty thousand feet. It was one of the single funniest things I have ever seen...

the camera followed the character the entire distance to the ground.....right, smack, bang in the middle of the road - at pace. It was ugly...and at a crucial period of game...we laughed for about two minutes non-stop.

good stuff...
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jun 2 2005, 12:29 AM
My brother pushed the wrong button after stealing a plane and haing ascended far upinto the clouds...he then accidently stepped out its door at about thirty thousand feet. It was one of the single funniest things I have ever seen...

the camera followed the character the entire distance to the ground.....right, smack, bang in the middle of the road - at pace. It was ugly...and at a crucial period of game...we laughed for about two minutes non-stop.

good stuff...
<
LMFAO! I'm gonna try that tonight.

Latest posts