• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

George 7s

Cup Semi Finals:

Samoa vs England
New Zealand vs Fiji

Nacagilevu's defence was a lot better in the QF against Australia, Fiji did well to build up a good lead as they had planned on, but in the 2nd half they showed some of the same mistakes they had against Australia in previous matches were Australia try to pin them in their own half and put pressure on them forcing Fiji to make stupid passes, Fiji almost fell into that trap again. The ref had a few bad decisions too, Burotus try should have been a try but he disallowed it and then gave Australia 5 penalties in a row until they finally scored one try off it.

Samoa vs England is gonna be another epic clash, a repeat of the final last week, England just beat Samoa in the Commonwealth Games where they took them out with a last minute try and then they beat Samoa last week in the final, so Samoa is gonna be out for revenge but this is too close to call, should be a good and very close game.

i hope Fiji can beat NZ, they'll have to get off to another good start and build up an early lead to do so

Glad to see England beat South Africa :D
Was worried about that one
England v NZ final I think, with NZ to take it

Oh my effing word, this Fijian ref is so crap it is not even funny anymore

He has some fetish with knock-ons

Anyways...

Can somone please post who won the Eng vs. Samoa match
And who won the Shield

We got a storm in the area and lost signal

Yay Scotland won the Bowl, beating the mighty Russia 26-0
A wee bit late to actually start playing ya bottlers

SA beat Argentina in the Plate Final

Last edited:
England ahead 14 - 5 in the final!

Edit: 14 - 12 now

14 - 19 :(

19 - 19, missed conversion

Final score:
England 19 - 22 New Zealand

Happy with second place, and that scoreline, thought that New Zealand would win by more than 3

Last edited:
wow unlucky for england, 19 all with no time left and nz with a yellow card but then one penalty against england decided it all

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressed with O'Donnell and Burotu.

Cruel way to lose for England, but I guess this fits well with me. The series is still really close between the top teams, unlike last season, where NZ took a huge lead by winning both the first two tournaments, and everyone had to play catch-up.

I think Samoa overachieved in Dubai and George. I didn't think they'd collect that many points without Uale Mai and Lolo Lui. It seems Lui, Mai and Levasa will return for Wellington, I'm backing them to win it, if so.

Every 7s team wants to win in Wellington. Ask any team whos 7s tournament is the most pumping and they'll tell ya Wellington. I gotta get myself down there.

Last edited:
I went to it last year it has to be the event of the year

NZ looks to have improved and they also have a fair bit to work on as well.

The english looked well drilled and relied on their extra size and holding onto the ball as the basis for their gameplan.

What won it for NZ was some very good work at the breakdown with a few critical turnovers - including the last penalty & which sealed the game. More than made up for a couple of poor kicks from Cama who looked like he was trying to toss the game away at times - he's much better trying to create space. Mickleson was good and forbes was awesome and the young guys they have in the team look like very good prospects.

Thought Fiji looked good too really pushed NZ and could have taken the game if they managed posession better.

Latest posts