• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

George Gregan Discussion

Why the hell am I not supprised youv'e joined in with the carrot up your arse. You only removed the warning because it was me. Anyone else and you would have kept your mouth shut.

As for your comment regarding the decision makers being biased against Australians and only picking Kiwis, maybe you want to consider who's in and not. If we were all so biased as you claim, there certainly wouldn't be an Irishman or a welshman in there.

And the Kiwis and Saffas definantly wouldn't have voted for Johnson.

Just because Greegan didn't get in doesn't mean anyone is against Ozzoiues. You ust need to nominate better playes then Burke if you seriously want players in.

Australias best export; Whine. Sorry, I meant wine.

I all else fails, maybe DC can demand a recount in Florida.

Getofmeland (England)- Supports England
Teh Mite (England)- Supports England
Kaftka (New Zealand)- Supports NZ
Ripper (New Zealand)- Supports NZ, and Ireland and "anyone who plays against australia"
Rassie (South Africa)-Supports South Africa
SaintsFan_Webby (England)- Supports England
Don Billy (France)- Supports France, Ireland, and NZ
captainamerica (US)- I would guess he supports USA, and a few others

and wasnt an tarbh a member when keith wood and martin johnno were put in?

Well all the HOFFs were decided by the staff, as no one wanted to name a list, but like I said once before you are never going to make everyone happy...

The reason why I feel Gregan doesnt deserve to be in is because A he hasnt really achieved anything on the top level of rugby yet... and also because he hasnt retired yet and he could achieve a lot more in his career therefore its not right for him to be entered into the Hall of Fame...

Also Johnson has done more than Gregan has done in his career....

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 13 2006, 12:14 AM
Why the hell am I not supprised youv'e joined in with the carrot up your arse. You only removed the warning because it was me. Anyone else and you would have kept your mouth shut.
That's lovely TM, but it's not a very good point considering none of the other staff (with the possible exeption of Ripper) would have warned a member for something like that.

As for your comment regarding the decision makers being biased against Australians and only picking Kiwis, maybe you want to consider who's in and not. If we were all so biased as you claim, there certainly wouldn't be an Irishman or a welshman in there.
[/b]

My point wasn't that the board was biased specifically against Australian's, but rather England and New Zealand both have more than one member so there is a greater chance of players of their country being voted in… even more so considering that DB and CA don’t seem to post in this section much anymore.

And the Kiwis and Saffas definantly wouldn't have voted for Johnson.

Just because Greegan didn't get in doesn't mean anyone is against Ozzoiues. You ust need to nominate better playes then Burke if you seriously want players in.

Australias best export; Whine. Sorry, I meant wine.[/b]

Oh there's that killer Teh Mite whit again :rolleyes: . Seriously though, I don't really mind that Gregan doesn't get in, I was simply disagreeing with you on DC being out of line in claiming bias when there is a high concentration of English on the panel. And in any case, even if you can’t see how having 3 English members doesn’t look balanced on an 8 member panel, he still didn't deserve a warning.

Originally posted by getofmeland@Aug 13 2006, 04:02 AM
Well all the HOFFs were decided by the staff, as no one wanted to name a list, but like I said once before you are never going to make everyone happy...

It does seem that a fair few of the hoffs are inactive though doesn't it? I mean you had only 3 HOFFS voting in the Gregan thing when you've got 8 official HOFFS...

The reason why I feel Gregan doesnt deserve to be in is because A he hasnt really achieved anything on the top level of rugby yet... and also because he hasnt retired yet and he could achieve a lot more in his career therefore its not right for him to be entered into the Hall of Fame...

Also Johnson has done more than Gregan has done in his career....[/b]

You're really going to have to explain this one to me Charlie, because you've totally confused me... While Gregan has been playing for the Wallabies he's won ever single trophy they've contested as well as winning the Super 12 twice and winning the IRB player of the year award. What more could he possibly do?

Originally posted by getofmeland@Aug 13 2006, 06:02 AM

Also Johnson has done more than Gregan has done in his career....

what more can he seriously do though? he has achieved everything at the top level. he is in the twighlight of his career he proabbly won't do much more over the next 2 years. in fact the world cup could be his swansong possibly. and if selection to the hall of fame is based on whether the player has retired or not then I don't thinkg many will be getting in. also lomu and merthens are still playing rugby and yet are in the hall of fame.

highly debateable if johnson has done more than what gregan has. although wining super 12 ***les a world cup most test caps in history is somehow not achieving at the top level. gregan has certainly achieved at the top level and imo proabbly better than what johnson ever did.

what more can he seriously do though? he has achieved everything at the top level. he is in the twighlight of his career he proabbly won't do much more over the next 2 years. in fact the world cup could be his swansong possibly. and if selection to the hall of fame is based on whether the player has retired or not then I don't think many will be getting in as the user base here is quite young. also lomu and merthens are still playing rugby and yet are in the hall of fame.

highly debateable if johnson has done more than what gregan has. although wining super 12 ***les a world cup most test caps in history is somehow not achieving at the top level. gregan has certainly achieved at the top level and imo proabbly better than what johnson ever did.

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 13 2006, 09:44 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-getofmeland
@Aug 13 2006, 04:02 AM

It does seem that a fair few of the hoffs are inactive though doesn't it? I mean you had only 3 HOFFS voting in the Gregan thing when you've got 8 official HOFFS... [/b]
3 + 2 = 3?

And you say the Kiwi education system is bad.

Agreed. Gregan is one of the greatest players of the modern era and thus should be included. If anyone can tell me how all his achievments aren't that, then I'll be very surprised!

Also, if you want an Aussie rep in the HOFF then look no further!!!

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 13 2006, 12:51 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 13 2006, 09:44 AM

It does seem that a fair few of the hoffs are inactive though doesn't it? I mean you had only 3 HOFFS voting in the Gregan thing when you've got 8 official HOFFS...
3 + 2 = 3?

And you say the Kiwi education system is bad. [/b]
the 2 'yes' votes were made by 2 non HOFFs.

Originally posted by Jacko@Aug 13 2006, 01:55 PM
Agreed. Gregan is one of the greatest players of the modern era and thus should be included. If anyone can tell me how all his achievments aren't that, then I'll be very surprised!

Also, if you want an Aussie rep in the HOFF then look no further!!!
Go Away.

the 2 'yes' votes were made by 2 non HOFFs[/b]

Which means it would've been safe to assume that he still wouldn't have got in even if all the HOFF's had voted, he would needed the remaining 5 too all vote in Gregans favour (I assume in a draw that a player wouldn't get in).

And I nominate SANZAR to replace one of the inactive Hoff's

A ) To shut his whinging face up
B ) He has the expertise
C ) He's not Jacko.

i keep sayin it

the hoff panel should be more globally diverse... and try to pick members who will not use prejudice or bias in their decision..

Ok let me just clear things up... I worded what I said wrongly...

I would of voted yes if Gregan was NOT playing International Rugby, but feel that he can still achieve other things, whats the point in writing an article on a player who is still playing International Rugby and not planning to retire until after the World Cup.... it is pointless... that was my main reason for voting No....

I think when he has retired from International Rugby, he should be considered again....

Originally posted by getofmeland@Aug 13 2006, 06:41 PM
Ok let me just clear things up... I worded what I said wrongly...

I would of voted yes if Gregan was NOT playing International Rugby, but feel that he can still achieve other things, whats the point in writing an article on a player who is still playing International Rugby and not planning to retire until after the World Cup.... it is pointless... that was my main reason for voting No....

I think when he has retired from International Rugby, he should be considered again....
I'm probably in the same boat as Getofmeland.

"...It didn't work because George Gregan hasn't got any tactical nous..." Mark Ella.

Source: http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/articles...5407661681.html

Ouch! For an Australian legend to come out and say something like this about the current Wallabies captain is pretty bad.

But then George Gregan isn't a stranger to receiving criticsm from his own media. I feel sometimes that he should be inducted for having to put up with all of that.

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 12 2006, 10:44 PM-->

It does seem that a fair few of the hoffs are inactive though doesn't it? I mean you had only 3 HOFFS voting in the Gregan thing when you've got 8 official HOFFS... [/b]
Can I just say that to be fair I was on holiday.

So you can count the score as 4-2 if it makes you feel any better.

Latest posts