• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gerard Houllier..........

where is houlier now - isnt he at lyon - how are they doing.

this topic should not die

discuss the great man here.

Lyon are doing very well for themselves, they battered Real Madrid in the first group game in the Champions League, 3-0.

No, he really isn't.

I like him and everything and I think he'll be very well remembered, well thought of and always welcomed back to Anfield, but he is NOT, repeat NOT, better than Shankly and Paisley.

i dont know, yeah paisley and old shanks were good, but gerard had that x factor.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 10 2005, 04:35 PM
really thats great too know, houlier was the best manager liverpool ever had.
<

Not been watching Liverpool long?

<

I would have thought that Benitez leading Liverpool to the Champions league would have above Houllier in the ratings stake

Not quite - we were consistent domestically under Houllier, we've not managed that so far but I know that we will.

Every manager will buy his fair share of clangers and obviously Houllier had his fair share. Some of the players that he bought were pretty garbage and there are some real obvious ones. I think that though for the money that he spent (and remember he was buying players when the transfer market was going mental with players being vastly overvalued) was pretty reasonable.

And some of the signings that he "made" were actually ones that had been pre-arranged by others so he can hardly be blamed for them.

Also he didn't actually sell McManaman but rather the midfielder decided to leave on a free transfer when his contract expired. One of the reasons that Liverpool sold Michael Owen was because they were afraid that he would leave under the Bosman ruling and the club decided that they couldn't afford to let that happen.

Some of the signings that GH made were top drawer except for Harry Kewell of course who at AUD1.50 would be overpriced.

When he plays well, he's the best, is Harry, he just hasn't shown that for nearly 2 years.

Shankly must be turning in his grave over Benitez, what is he thinking.... As a Liverpool supporter for my entire life, this team is one the most under-achieving sides ever.....

The best formation for Liverpool with their best squad has to be.....

Dudek

Finnan ------ Cara ---- Hypia ----- Riise

Garcia ------ Gerrard ----- Alonso ----- Kewell (wen fit)

------------------------Crouch

------------------------------------Cisse

Admitadly Garcia isnt the best option for the right, but we have no other options, maybe we should of kept Nunez, at least he was a right winger, but was never given a proper chance....

Dudek?
<

I'd put Carson and Reina ahead of him. His penalty shoot out heroics don't fool me, the man is an incompetent.

Latest posts