• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Germany 4 - England 1

********. Roy Keane has it spot on.

You just don't like him Dan for the same reason you don't Like Rooney; The Man United connection.

He has a point. Roy Keane is a player that was a menace on the pitch, breaking legs and all. Him telling others this crap is like Maradona telling kids not to use coke... Or Madonna telling her children to dress appropriately... Or David and Victoria Beckham telling their children not to act so spoiled

Keane is quite right that its easy to blame the manger ...

Like he did in 2002. Effectively he was partly behind Ireland's poor showing then they had an amazing chance to show the world what Ireland was made of.

But he is right, the players were average this season and the media hyped them up.

Roy's problem in 2002 stemmed from his belief that if you aren't trying to win, there's no point competing, while management seemed pretty happy to be there for the experiance. His actions on and off the pitch are well documented but there's no denying he was a great player and, in this occasion, is right on the money. Where were the world class Rooneys, Gerrards, Lampards etc. yesterday? It isn't Capello's fault that they couldn't keep the ball for more than 5 passes. They were awful and it's about time they started to look at themselves.

Keane is quite right that its easy to blame the manger ...

Like he did in 2002. Effectively he was partly behind Ireland's poor showing then they had an amazing chance to show the world what Ireland was made of.

No offense Cymro, but you are obviously woefully under informed about what happened in Saipan so why bring it up?

No offense Cymro, but you are obviously woefully under informed about what happened in Saipan so why bring it up?

No not according to this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/rep_of_ireland/newsid_2012000/2012137.stm

and this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/aug/24/sport.comment

... plus Mick McCarthy is in charge of the football club I support, so I know what Mick is all bout. To be fair Mick has been an honest bloke especially with his time at Wolves.

Well one point, we did not under perform. We got to the 2nd round and were knocked out on penalties by Spain, not bad infairness.

Keane was wrong to get into an issue with Mick when his main problem was with the FAI.

Haha Exactly the attitude which has held Irish soccer back for so long. Jack Charlton made the most talented Irish team ever to pass the ball back to the goalkeeper and kick it long instead of passing it around. Captain Mick McCarthy takes over and keeps the status quo of a completely unprofessional set up.

There was much more to the Saipan incident than that Cymro, At the time I was in the McCarthy camp, and still probably am but it was far from black and white.

Haha Exactly the attitude which has held Irish soccer back for so long. Jack Charlton made the most talented Irish team ever to pass the ball back to the goalkeeper and kick it long instead of passing it around. Captain Mick McCarthy takes over and keeps the status quo of a completely unprofessional set up.

There was much more to the Saipan incident than that Cymro, At the time I was in the McCarthy camp, and still probably am but it was far from black and white.

Oh no ... but the way Keane conducted himself was not the best way to go about.

But regarding that video he is 100% correct. Why could the superstars not preform? I think the 'Choke' collar might need to come out here.

So long as they post it off to Auckland before September next year...

The english media can make all the excuses they want, there is one, definitive answer...

England are not anywhere near the level they think they are at.

They say "Ooh look at our players turning outstanding performance in the EPL and the CL"
Suddenly, take away the 'mighty' Stokes/Burnleys/Portsmouths and all the foreign players, and the English players couldn't lace a respectable opponents shoelaces.
They won their group undefeated, defeating the mighty Andorra', they still lost or drew with every major nation they played freindlies against. Yet they still go into the tornament 'if England don't win it'

I enjoy watching the English media go into self-destruct, and Im lucky that it happens every 2 years

This rating is completely useless. Netherlands has been in the top 5 for the last 15 years but we missed the 2002 World Cup, only made it to the 2nd round in 2006 and the quarter final of the European Championship in 2008.

English media seriously are a bunch of tossers. Keane has it spot on to be fair to him, glad that someone has finally come out and said it.
Some of the media headlines have been ridiculous, there was one saying that England should give up football alltogether. Competely daft...
Most disgraceful one was something like ''If the Few had defended like that, then we'd all be speaking German right now''. Wankers.

If it's any consolation, we've got it all to come again next year when the bandwagon hops from Rooney & Beckham to Cipriani and Wilkinson.

Keane. As far as I know McCarthy has never deliberately broken a player's leg. He should have been charger for assault...

I'm not entirely certain what Keane having done something on the pitch a few years back has to do with with him speaking (the truth) about the problems with modern English football. Quite pathetic in fact how people write off everything he's said just because of it.

Anyway, Mick McCarthy is a complete fuckwit. Listen to him speak for more then 5 seconds and that's obvious.

I'm not entirely certain what Keane having done something on the pitch a few years back has to do with with him speaking (the truth) about the problems with modern English football. Quite pathetic in fact how people write off everything he's said just because of it.

Anyway, Mick McCarthy is a complete fuckwit. Listen to him speak for more then 5 seconds and that's obvious.

I am not talking about the english team problems, I don't really care tbh. I'm just saying Keane is a massive ****. That's all.

Latest posts