• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Germany 4 - England 1

shtove

Bench Player
The first goal was truly one of the most awful of all time. Second was nice, but again wot sort of defence were England playing? German supporters ended up going Ole! with every pass. And Capello blamed the disallowed goal.

Disaster.

Maybe Cipriani should have gone!

In other news; meh. We missed out on the penalties again.

Fortunately, rugby isn't a major sport in Germany. ^_^

I just watched the highlights again. All four goals were down to SHOCKING defence.

What John Terry did for the first two was the equivalent of a dogleg in a rugby defence - do it once and you get ticked off, do it again and you get strung up from a lamp post.

After that, England went panic stations when they had plenty of time.

Germany to muddle through to the final? Doubt it, but you never know.

Last edited:
Was I the only one in England who found it very funny?

I was wasn't I?

C'mon, when you're that inept you gotta laugh! And it wasn't all that bad, Carry on up the Khyber was on Film 4 at the same time!

David Blaine was interviewed after England were announced to be officially out of the world cup, he was distraught: Wayne Rooney had broken his record for doing absolutely nothing in a box for a long period of time.

VIDEO TECHNOLOGY CONFIRMS ENGLAND ARE VERY BAD AT FOOTBALL

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...england-are-very-bad-at-football-201006282855

ENGLAND are heading home from the World Cup today after state-of-the-art video technology showed the ball crossing their goal line many, many times.

enggerm1.jpg
The cameras clearly showed the ball crossing the line for the fourth time​
As questions were raised over why the Uruguayan officials had spotted all four German goals, the specially positioned cameras around the Bloemfontein Stadium confirmed that England's 2010 squad will forever be remembered as the 'team that never was'.

The use of television has been a source of controversy in the sport, but experts insist it offers a fool-proof method for determining whether a team is good at football or whether it is simply a collection of absurdly over-compensated, second-rate commercial brands with ghastly, vulgar wives, locked in a sado-masochistic relationship with a cretinous media that merely reflects a society that has taken its natural intelligence, its sense of perspective and its values and violently drowned them all in a bucket of ****.

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute for Studies said: "The technology is very complex and involves cathode tubes, a large glass screen and pretty much an entire roll of tinfoil.

"The operator sits in front of the screen and if he or she sees one set of players concede goal after goal after goal after goal, the video images then help them to decide whether or not those players are good at football."

Back home England fans vented their fury at the technology, as Paul the Psychic Octopus predicted Fabia Capello would soon be receiving a cheque for £12m and moving to a country where people can understand what he's saying.

Roy Hobbs, a flurry of opinions from Stevenage, said: "Alan Hansen kept going on about how it could have been 20 or even 25-nil and that if he had done that at Liverpool, Bob Paisley would have slashed him across the arse with a machete.

"But I think it could easily have been 70 or even 290-nil. Unless of course Lampard's goal had counted, in which case England would have won 14-2."

Nathan Muir, from Hatfield, added: "Not a good day. And after Sebastian Vettel beat Lewis Hamilton in the grand prix, I half expected to come home and find my missus having a dirty bath with the lead singer of Boney M."

Meanwhile, central defender John Terry finally arrived back in England's 18-yard box last night only to find that everyone else had gone home.

He eventually got out of the stadium after climbing over a fence.

I put this in the other thread by mistake:

All credit to the Germans. The decision to disallow Lampard's goal is a shocker, and I don't think that set of officials should ever be allowed to referee at that level again because it was THAT clearly over the line, but all that does is give the parasites in the press something to stick their teeth into and cry about. There will be some finger pointing going on, from Capello, to the underperforming Barry, the woefully out of form Lampard, the out of position Gerrard and the absolutely anonymous Rooney, but at the end of it all there is a key fact that will never go away - we are just not as good as we think we are.

I am genuinely shocked we've lost 4-1, I thought we had a good shot at going through today, but Capello made a huge mistake of keeping Upson in. He had a poor game against Slovenia apart from that block and either King or Carragher should have been back in. Who knows if it would have been any different? It could however hardly have been worse. The back 4 as a unit were an utter shambles today. Barry was ineffective at dealing with the admittedly very dangerous Ozil, and the German midfield ran the show and got them onto the front foot. Gerrard needed to be in midfield mixing it up and we missed him sorely.

Mistakes have been made all tournament, and Capello's refusal to change has propelled him towards the top of the scapegoat queue, but the underlying thing that none of the boneheads in the media will pick up on is the English pysche. We are not as good as we think we are, our players aren't as good as they think they are and we think they are, and the average Joe Soap on the street, the bandwagon jumper, is whipped into a frenzy by the hacks who build us up every time, and then start going on radio shows to express their disgust to another audience of cretins. That just covers the mental side of things, the footballing side will be done to death over the coming weeks and nobody is safe.

Just a total and utter let down. From start to finish.

England are awful, every four years is the same. Have a nice chuckle at the English media talking up their chances and then wait for this day.

Seriously, they don't deserve to win a world cup, when was the last time an English soccer team put 5 passes together in the knockout stages of a major tournament? has it ever happened? **** football does not deserve a trophy, I'd much prefer to see a team capable of playing the game the right way such as Brazil, Spain, Argtentina, Germany, Uruguay, Holland or Chile win this year.

Another thing, Capello has failed, but the players deserve more of the blame than him (although 5million a year for THAT???). 11 English millionaires lost to a German TEAM and couldn't beat an American TEAM or an Algerian TEAM.

One man has it pegged, ******* spot on Keano!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
One man has it pegged, ******* spot on Keano!!!!

That guy is extremely on the ball, thank you, this is what I've thought all along, look at the players not the coaching staff. I can't understand why every world cup in rugby, they bring in a new coach, it is just stupid, it is the players fault for not playing. Then again, he is right in the fact that the players haven't been playing and they are no where near as good as everyone thinks they are, he is right in saying that Rooney has been the only one playing good football, but he didn't turn up to the world stage.

Spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair the Keane, whatever your oppinion of him he is an honest, honest man and won't sit on the fence. Spot on. Hope their isn't too much of a backlash against him for those comments.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to sport I really don't like the English very much; the old rivalry just makes me enjoy seeing them suffer for some reason. But even I felt a little sorry for them after hearing about this result... I mean, soccer is England's most dominant sport by a wide margin and on top of that England still has the world's premier club comp. But for whatever reason England just never seem to manage to be anything more than mediocre when they cobble together a national rep side, and that must be infuriating. It would be like Australia having a credible international AFL competition but never managing to win anything despite being the biggest kids on the block. What gets me even more is that before every world cup the media in the UK and overseas always seem to build up the poms' chances ('the team that could break the drought' etc). It's kind of like the All Blacks failure at RWCs only 10 times worse, because the ABs remain an intensely intimidating side by winning pretty much everything else. So yes, I actually feel a little sorry for you lot now... until I remembered that soccer is the sport of choice for those scummy chavs, so I'm still reasonably pleased :p .

Not interested. I have no respect for the man or what he has to say. The views of someone who deliberately set out to injure a fellow professional who then thinks he can jump on a soapbox and tell the world how wrong things are, are not something I generally pay attention to.

********. Roy Keane has it spot on.

You just don't like him Dan for the same reason you don't Like Rooney; The Man United connection.

Latest posts