• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getofmeland's Review of Rugby World Cup 2011

National obesity is at a high
Unemployment is pretty high
We're all going to die some day

As simple rule of thumb:
"Clubs" (E.G. Premiership & French top flight sides) are completely independent bodies with their own rights and licenses. Meaning that a Premiership or Top 14 license may not feature Leicester or Toulouse if wither club decided they did or didn't want their brand used, regardless of anything signed by the unions and/or league organisers. A good example of this is Wasps appearing in Rugby 05, but the remainder of English clubs being generic similies.

"Regions" or "Franchises" (so the S14 and Celtic league sides) are owned by the unions so are bound to whatever they decide, regardless of what the underling directors want or object, including licensing agreements. If the union agrees a concession however, that opens up the possibility of cross-selling the brand.

Don't think the WRU own the Regions, or at least they dont own a majority in each of the regions. Think the Dragons are the only one that the WRU have a big stake in anyway. If the WRU owned them fully there wouldn't have been that huge fuss about the player release thing in Wales. Same for the SRU, the amount of times Edinburgh have fallen out with the SRU over something or other is ridiculous. I remember Stephen Larkhams deal with Edinburgh fell through all because of one such fall out.

EDIT: Olyy, ha :lol:

how about some negatives.... we lost the semis by 5... :(

am i right to guess that if your on defence in the ruck and you dont button mash no players will join in the scrum? is there a way to control how many players are added?

Can you at least randomize groups to change up the world cup?

I think it looks good but I'm worried about the longevity of the game. Seriously, after you;ve done the world cup once its done.

I'll try the online function but if fifa is anything to go by it will be people new zeland vs south africa and quitting after they go one try down. At least with football you go a goal down and can win it back, I'm worried gamers will go two tries down and pull the plug.

Not trying to put a downer on it, to be honest it looks a lot better than I'd expected. I'll be buying regardless and look forward to playing you guys online in the near future.

I was hoping for some of the "near misses"(Uruguay, Portugal, Spain etc.) to be added to help variety, but if you can customize the pools their inclusion isn't as important to me.

I was hoping for some of the "near misses"(Uruguay, Portugal, Spain etc.) to be added to help variety, but if you can customize the pools their inclusion isn't as important to me.

I think its primarily to to do with licences

I think its primarily to to do with licences

I know they are also relatively small(but growing) rugby markets, so for HB to really push hard to acquire them may have been a misuse of limited resources in time and money, perhaps in the next ***le we will see a couple more international sides on offer.

Just played the demo. It is the worst rugby game of the lot. And I say that because NOTHING other than the advertisement boards and tackling-from-behind are different!!! It is just Rugby 08 with updated rosters. I've never been so disappointed in a game before. The player models are TERRIBLE, Courtney Lawes looks like he's put on 10 stone, Dan Cole looks like The Thing from Fantastic 4, Toby Flood looks like he's put all his dedication into lifting weights, Matfield is a monster in real life but he's Big Foot in RWC 2011. Don't get me started on the AI - everyone follows the ball. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!?!?! I know this is a rage post and will probably get people saying 'at least wait for the game to come out' or 'it's still a rugby game that we haven't had for years' but I was excited to have my original worries about the game being shown wrong...instead I was wrong to think the developers would change. Rugby Challenge will be the rugby game of 2011 - DON'T BUY RWC 2011!!!!

Just played the demo. It is the worst rugby game of the lot. And I say that because NOTHING other than the advertisement boards and tackling-from-behind are different!!! It is just Rugby 08 with updated rosters. I've never been so disappointed in a game before. The player models are TERRIBLE, Courtney Lawes looks like he's put on 10 stone, Dan Cole looks like The Thing from Fantastic 4, Toby Flood looks like he's put all his dedication into lifting weights, Matfield is a monster in real life but he's Big Foot in RWC 2011. Don't get me started on the AI - everyone follows the ball. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!?!?! I know this is a rage post and will probably get people saying 'at least wait for the game to come out' or 'it's still a rugby game that we haven't had for years' but I was excited to have my original worries about the game being shown wrong...instead I was wrong to think the developers would change. Rugby Challenge will be the rugby game of 2011 - DON'T BUY RWC 2011!!!!

If you even bother reading the boards you will find that on easy the AI tends to follow the ball. On the harder difficulties its not so much of a problem.

I don't think Matfield's size is a problem, he's pretty big so I can't see where you are coming from.

The models are not terrible either, they may not be World Class but they are not terrible.

And before I get slated for being a HB-fanboy ...

Last edited:

Latest posts