• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getofmeland's Review of Rugby World Cup 2011

Why did you decide not to release it on PC and is it a possibility later on/future versions?

So who is first in line to have their asses handed to them on XBL by yours truly
ICHC_BringIt.jpg

Some new information on rucks and Mauls(good news)

The guy from RugbySpectator is giving some very good insight as to how the game is going to play out, particularly rucks and mauls. It seems mauls may finaly happen in general play, and the rucking system is sounding better and better with much better forward play. I will not post here what he saids because i don't know if there are copyrights but here is the link http://www.rugbyspectator.com/2011/06/rugby-world-cup-2011-playstation3-xbox360-review/ . Look at the question and response, there are some particular questions about mauls, rucking, and scrum.
Enjoy Cheers and Salud

@HB_AJ or @Getofmeland

I know that you’re both getting asked a lot of questions and are responding to a lot of them but I would be very grateful if you would please answer my below questions:

1. How exactly does the online gameplay work? Does it include a 'world rankings' according to the performance online players from each country?

2. Do the weather conditions effect the gameplay?

Review has been posted before and there's similar information in Getofmeland's preview.

i think to make it easier for hb they should release a gameplay vid. there will be no more questions asking about gameplay then...HINT.....HINT ! :L:L:L :)

liking these reviews rwc2011 game is gettin making the wait for the first rugby game after 4 years even harder :D

also trf getofmeland or anyone else
do you know if a maul can form in normal play and not from a line out and is there quick ball??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Review has been posted before and there's similar information in Getofmeland's preview.

He's been answering all the questions in the comments section further down the page tho. Some interesting little details there :)

liking these reviews rwc2011 game is gettin making the wait for the first rugby game after 4 years even harder :D

also trf getofmeland or anyone else
do you know if a maul can form in normal play and not from a line out and is there quick ball??? :D

there's some stuff on mauls in the comment section of the rugby spectator review. Seems it may happen sometimes if u get held up in a tackle and support gets to u quick enough.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ww.rugbyspectator.com/2011/0...box360-review/

I would have liked more options for editing the game, but then again i spent time making mods for Rugby 08 and had lots of control. It's the same as FIFA really.

The game looks good i have to admit, our gameplay critique appears to have been listened to, and adapted with substantial progress made. Generic kits don't worry me too much. Most of the RWC kits are generic as hell anyway, so they could design their own, which would be very acceptable.

My only worry is that this game will be like Rugby Challenge 06 or whatever it was called, where the player likenesses were totally random compared to real life, and you couldn't match up the names to the faces, or skintones. That would really annoy me, but that's my problem.

Some classic rosters/kits would be nice though, assuming you could get some licences at some point.

Last edited:
Ya some classic XV would be great. I also hope they have quite a few accomplishments/achievements. It was hinted that there might be by HB_Glen I think, so I hope there is a few. I find them fun and can add a completely different aspect to the game after I have played it 1 Billion times.