• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getofmeland's Review of Rugby World Cup 2011

:mad:
A rugby game where you can only play international games???? No Super 15? No premiership? No currie cup? No top 14? No ITM cup? Absolutely shocking especially taking into consideration how long we waited after Rugby 08. I'm very disappointed and feel that a proper effort was not put in, and no respect given to all our anxious rugby fans who waited so long for the game and giving our support to buy the game. (Please correct me if I'm wrong - that's what I heard - only international games)

Sorry for the negativity, i'm just sooooooo disappointed. I'm such a big rugby fan, so I guess I'll still be buying the game but wow, must consider switching back to my old PS2 to play Rugby 08 again with all the teams and modes... :(" smilieid="11" class="inlineimg"> or Rugby challenge for that matter.

Gameplay looks and sounds great though and thanks atleast we have a game coming out.

:mad:
A rugby game where you can only play international games???? No Super 15? No premiership? No currie cup? No top 14? No ITM cup? Absolutely shocking especially taking into consideration how long we waited after Rugby 08. I'm very disappointed and feel that a proper effort was not put in, and no respect given to all our anxious rugby fans who waited so long for the game and giving our support to buy the game. (Please correct me if I'm wrong - that's what I heard - only international games)

Sorry for the negativity, i'm just sooooooo disappointed. I'm such a big rugby fan, so I guess I'll still be buying the game but wow, must consider switching back to my old PS2 to play Rugby 08 again with all the teams and modes... :(" smilieid="11" class="inlineimg"> or Rugby challenge for that matter.

Gameplay looks and sounds great though and thanks atleast we have a game coming out.

I get where your coming from bro. I mean the only reason i still play rugby 08 to this day is mostly because of world league, and the rest of the other game modes.
IMO i reckon this game is just gunna get boring after a while from only playing with 20 teams.

So i guess i have no choice but to buy Rugby Challenge; 95 teams, franchise mode with multiple seasons, create-a-player etc.

No im not a RC fanboy im just stating Facts

I get where your coming from bro. I mean the only reason i still play rugby 08 to this day is mostly because of world league, and the rest of the other game modes.
IMO i reckon this game is just gunna get boring after a while from only playing with 20 teams.

So i guess i have no choice but to buy Rugby Challenge; 95 teams, franchise mode with multiple seasons, create-a-player etc.

No im not a RC fanboy im just stating Facts
As far as I know this is wrong. It's only one season of franchise mode ..hopefully I am wrong though as I will be buying both games.

As far as I know this is wrong. It's only one season of franchise mode ..hopefully I am wrong though as I will be buying both games.

It's mutliple years

What are the key features of Rugby Challenge?

Some features of "Rugby Challenge" include
  • the All Blacks, Wallabies, ITM Cup, Aviva Premiership, and Investec Super Rugby amongst other licensed teams and competitions
  • multiplayer online play
  • multi-year franchise mode
  • extensive customisation options
  • Create and customise players, teams, and competitions
  • tutorials for the novice player
  • dynamic real-time commentary featuring Grant Nisbett and Justin Marshall

Finally, the French review seems to be honest and exposed facts that most reviews swept under the rug. Players look like clones, same kicking animations, not much of an effort to make Aus and NZ realistic. Doesn't sound like it's worth $119

Hi guys, I have to ask you something. If I book now RWC 2011 (or Rugby Challange) for ps3, which has not yet officially to be released in Italy, I want to know if the case is released in Italy, the copy that will be sent to me is the Italian or international version.

thanks!

Can I just add, I have not seen New Zealand or Australia when playing the game, I have seen 3 Teams play, 2 of which have been announced. The French review has released information which they weren't meant to release as it has been embargo'd, so I would question their credibility.

Hi guys, I have to ask you something. If I book now RWC 2011 (or Rugby Challange) for ps3, which has not yet officially to be released in Italy, I want to know if the case is released in Italy, the copy that will be sent to me is the Italian or international version.

thanks!

No One is aware yet, I think you may be best waiting to nearer the release date

There will be a distinct lack of 6 Nations rugby, which is disappointing and no-one has seemed to mention it, unless it's in Rugby Challenge.. and i haven't seen it mentioned.

RWC11 is not going to be a game that has lifespan, just like South Africa 2010 was a great game IMHO, as soon as the WC ended, it was in the bargain bucket, so lets not kid ourselves.

I would have thought RWC11 would be the market indicator as to how a game with the new engine will sell.. and hopefully it will be a good game on which HB can build their own series.

Rugby Challenge has the most teams, so i'll be trying that too. Sometimes it's better having two games. One for national teams and one for club, you get more of what you want. I never, for example have played FIFA 11 with any international team. It's club orientated, so i prefer SA10 for that.

Finally, the French review seems to be honest and exposed facts that most reviews swept under the rug. Players look like clones, same kicking animations, not much of an effort to make Aus and NZ realistic. Doesn't sound like it's worth $119

Oh for god sake, will you get off the fence and tell us what you really think...

Oh for god sake, will you get off the fence and tell us what you really think...

Have a sook, just because my opinion is different from yours doesn't mean I'm wrong. The admins on this site are ridiculous. Let people say what they want

Can I just add, I have not seen New Zealand or Australia when playing the game, I have seen 3 Teams play, 2 of which have been announced. The French review has released information which they weren't meant to release as it has been embargo'd, so I would question their credibility.

But there are screenshots of New Zealand, so isn't it possible that others have seen them in-game?

Have a sook, just because my opinion is different from yours doesn't mean I'm wrong. The admins on this site are ridiculous. Let people say what they want

But you post the same thing over and over ... so we know your opinion :)

About 6 euro so yeah ? :p

There will be a distinct lack of 6 Nations rugby, which is disappointing and no-one has seemed to mention it, unless it's in Rugby Challenge.. and i haven't seen it mentioned.

Not all licences have been announced so silently hoping :) As England is exclusive to HB the chances of RC have 6 nations is slim. Not sure if the SA licence is exclusive or not, if it is then RC won't be able to do Tri nations either.

From the sounds of the 'tour a region' type feature, I think it will essentially play out as the international tournaments just with slightly different names. Euro championship etc.

RWC11 is not going to be a game that has lifespan, just like South Africa 2010 was a great game IMHO, as soon as the WC ended, it was in the bargain bucket, so lets not kid ourselves.

I would have thought RWC11 would be the market indicator as to how a game with the new engine will sell.. and hopefully it will be a good game on which HB can build their own series.

Rugby Challenge has the most teams, so i'll be trying that too. Sometimes it's better having two games. One for national teams and one for club, you get more of what you want. I never, for example have played FIFA 11 with any international team. It's club orientated, so i prefer SA10 for that.

Everyone is different though, in Rugby 06-08 I got half way through the super 15 and thats it. Other than that it was International tournaments over and over just playing as different teams and a little bit of world league. I had FIFA 07 and just played friendly international matches then got FIFA 09 and never played outside of be a pro. And lets not forget FIFA 07 only had manager mode and only top tournament teams to play with, no division 1 teams etc, and thats with over a decade of previous ***les and a massive EA budget

The difference Between FIFA as well is that before SA there was a FIFA 07 -10 to go back to on the next gen.

Ozzie dollar is not worth Sh:Dt

Well considering that it's at a 26 year high and worth more than the US dollar at the moment, your pretty wrong. And stupid

About 6 euro so yeah ? :p

Um, no actually the exchange rate is about 0.66 from Aus to euro so if you learnt mathematics in wherever you come from it would equal around 68 euro. Assuming you have schools yet in (insert lesser rugby nation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, no actually the exchange rate is about 0.66 from Aus to euro so if you learnt mathematics in wherever you come from it would equal around 68 euro. Assuming you have schools yet in (insert lesser rugby nation)

Edit.. I see what you did there

On topic sounds good, not sure which game I'll get first as i've stated before just hoping for at least 1 of the games to get the Wales licence.

Latest posts