Glasgow v Dragons

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Glasgow.png
Dragons.png

Glasgow v Dragons
</div>

Glasgow Warriors have made four changes, one positional, for Sunday's Heineken Cup visit by Dragons.

Sean Lineen had delayed naming his side following injuries suffered in their fine win over Toulouse in France.

Fly-half Ruaridh Jackson, fresh from his Scotland call-up, is the only new face in the Warriors' back-line.

Calum Forrester and Johnnie Beattie return to the back-row, with Kelly Brown moving from blindside to openside flanker for the game at Firhill.

Jackson, who has returned from injury for the dead rubber in Pool 5, said: "It's been quite a hectic, but very enjoyable, week.

"It was a bit of a shock to get a call-up to the Scotland training camp and now I've been given my second start for Glasgow in the Heineken Cup.

"I loved every minute of the Bath game and I can't wait to be involved again from the start this weekend."

James Eddie, Andrew Henderson, Tim Barker and Lome Fa'atau are all missing for Glasgow after the bruising battle with Toulouse.

Meanwhile, Dragons coach Paul Turner is smarting after after 15-12 defeat by Bath that left the Newport-Gwent outfit fourth in the table behind Glasgow.

"It's frustrating, I really feel for the players," said Turner after Sunday's battling loss.

"We have muscled up with probably the best side in England and we have probably deserved to win.

"We've got to live with it, we've got to learn from it, and then we have to come back stronger."

Turner added: "We have a good record in Glasgow and we want to maintain it this weekend.

"The Heineken Cup is a tough competition and you have to learn very quickly or you get punished.

"We feel we have learnt and developed throughout this campaign and there is plenty for us to take comfort from and build on as we go into the last part of this season and into next year.

"That said, we are in results business and we need to convert good performances and narrow losses against teams like Bath into wins.

"We can make a start by winning on Sunday. The players' commitment can't be faulted, but we now need to bring a greater level of maturity to our game."

Injuries to Shaun Connor (hamstring) and Rory Sidey (foot) will be monitored.

The teams will be competing to avoid the ignominy of finishing bottom of the pool as Bath and Toulouse battle for quarter-final qualification.

The Dragons have won their last five matches in Glasgow, including a 20-25 Magners League triumph earlier this month.

"Our record against The Dragons is frustrating and something we really need to put right," said Glasgow head coach Sean Lineen.

"The passion and aggression of the players was evident last week and we must carry that into this Sunday's game if we're to get the result we are all looking for."

Glasgow: Bernardo Stortoni, Jose Maria Nunez Piossek, Max Evans, Graeme Morrison, Thom Evans, Ruaridh Jackson, Colin Gregor, Justin Va'a, Dougie Hall, Moray Low, Dan Turner, Alastair Kellock (captain), Calum Forrester, Kelly Brown, Johnnie Beattie.
Replacements: Eric Milligan, Ed Kalman, Opeta Palepoi, Stevie Swindall, Mark McMillan, Hefin O'Hare, Colin Shaw.

Dragons: (from) Forwards: Adam Black, Tom Willis, Duane Goodfield, Gethin Robinson, Rhys Thomas, Andy Hall, Adam Jones, Luke Charteris, Hoani MacDonald, Jamie Ringer, Grant Webb, Colin Charvis, Lewis Evans, Dan Lydiate. Backs: Wayne Evans, Rob Lewis, James Arlidge, Shaun Connor, Ashley Smith, Rhodri Gomer Davies, Gareth Maule, Tal Selly, Gareth Wyatt, Jason Tovey, Phil Dollman

Referee: Jerome Garces (France)

From - BBC Sport

Latest posts