• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Glitches

G

goeagles

Not sure if these have already been discussed but...

Wheeling the scrum doesn't give the feed to the other team. It just seems to reset.

If you run into touch inside your in goal, it gives the opposing team a 5 meter scrum, regardless of whether or not you brought the ball back in.

Also, it's annoying and unrealistic that the CPU almost never kicks the ball out from their own 22. Also in that category is Wilkinson or Carter kicking the ball over your fullback's head every time.

This game desperately needs online play. This was one of the biggest complaints from last year and would certainly make the game much more enjoyable.

when returning a kick with your full back you can step your own team mates lol

Earlier on today I was playing in WL with Bristol...

And Clermnot (I think) handled in the ruck conceding a penalty to me but I chose to wait instead of taking the quick penalty, so about 10 seconds I'm still waiting then they get the bloody free kick for delay in play from us...

i dont like the ball physics sometimes, when the ball bounces it is always (well nearly) in a straight line, and to many times i have had carter kick from my goal line to go dead in the oposition goal for a 5m scrum o_O

also you can still kick a dropgoal from a scrum

shouldnt be able to do that

Another one I forgot:

Knock-ons on full time, they still give the scrum rather than ending the game.

I just found a glitch...

At the squad selection screen right before a match one of my props was injured. His name was at the top on the right. You can't select him because he is injured. The prop on the top left in the starting lineup was selected.
I pressed right, and my injured guy was selected! Don't press any other button before you select him.

I pressed A to swap him, and swapped him with my starting prop. Now my original healthy prop has the injured icon next to his name.

This should only work if your injured guy is in the top right of the list.

I found one sometimes when the opponents kick it out on the full about 5 metres outside their 22 it takes the line-out from where the ball went out instead of where they kicked it.

Although I've said this in the "tries" heading, I scored a try off a missed PK. The other team tried to ground it, failed, and just stood there doing nothing until my guys came and touched it down for them. :D

Mcab,

Same for me with a drop goal. They didn't stand around completely, though. One guy dove to try and ground the ball and missed. Then they all stood around.

Originally posted by goeagles@Mar 2 2006, 07:16 AM
If you run into touch inside your in goal, it gives the opposing team a 5 meter scrum, regardless of whether or not you brought the ball back in.
umm, forgive me if im wrong, but isnt that the way its ment to be?

If the opponent charges your kick down and it goes into touch they still get the throw, and a few times I saw the opponent do a quick linout, but instead of throwing it past the 5 metre line he just past it to a teammate right next to him

exact same thing happens when a knocked backinto touch, it still remains your lineout throw.

Quick throws in this game are really useless, cause they're not quick. The player takes an age to pick the thing up and then by the time you've thrown the oppostion have the ball and it's ALWAYS an interception.

I've scored loads of tries from quick throw-ins (especially on Pro level) either directly from that phase or in the second.

I find that sometimes a quick throw-in is on and at other times there are too many opposition players in the way to try.

quick throw only works well if you catch the ball on the full close to the line

otherwise the defence is up in a flash

quick throws;d be good if they were jonahfied and yuou could control the player off the pitch, sprint to the ball and throw it in. in this the ball goes back and then the players sort of crab backwards over the ball... one for the future i guess!

Originally posted by sambad5+Mar 2 2006, 07:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-goeagles
@Mar 2 2006, 07:16 AM
umm, forgive me if im wrong, but isnt that the way its ment to be? [/b]
I was thinking that myself. I know if the ball is in goal and you kick it out without picking it up then it's a 22, but if you pick it up and run it out I think it's a 5m scrum. Punishes people who get caught being cocky and trying to run from everywhere!

I could be wrong but think this is one thing EA got right.

Latest posts