• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester go top of table

O

ollybarkley

Well... looked a good win for the Gloucester lads over Saints...and welcome back to the top of the table.

My good mate Olly Barkley had a strong showing it seems, and looks like he has got himself back into a good vein of form, although it was unfortunate about Anthony Allen being injured again. This really has not been his season for injuries it seems, although I think Barkley and Tindall are rediscovering some of their former Bath connection together. Same with Balshaw, who seems to be looking quite a revelation this last few games since JSD has been away, although most certainly he should only be considered on the wing and not at fullback.

Think the Cherry and Whites are about to really make it work the rest of the way, although I could see potential interruptions during the 6N's if we get hit with the injury bug again, but hopefuly AQ, Delve, and Anthony Allen come back in the new year stronger than ever, and we still have Sommerville coming to help out.

Think Bath, Irish, and Leicester are really going to push us though, with a possible challenge from Quins, but if we keep playing our expansive game plan like we did this past weekend, then I think we'll be in with a shout.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ollybarkley @ Dec 1 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well... looked a good win for the Gloucester lads over Saints...and welcome back to the top of the table.

My good mate Olly Barkley had a strong showing it seems, and looks like he has got himself back into a good vein of form, although it was unfortunate about Anthony Allen being injured again. This really has not been his season for injuries it seems, although I think Barkley and Tindall are rediscovering some of their former Bath connection together. Same with Balshaw, who seems to be looking quite a revelation this last few games since JSD has been away, although most certainly he should only be considered on the wing and not at fullback.

Think the Cherry and Whites are about to really make it work the rest of the way, although I could see potential interruptions during the 6N's if we get hit with the injury bug again, but hopefuly AQ, Delve, and Anthony Allen come back in the new year stronger than ever, and we still have Sommerville coming to help out.

Think Bath, Irish, and Leicester are really going to push us though, with a possible challenge from Quins, but if we keep playing our expansive game plan like we did this past weekend, then I think we'll be in with a shout.[/b]

You might want to take another look at that table ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ollybarkley @ Dec 1 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Think Bath, Irish, and Leicester are really going to push us though, with a possible challenge from Quins, but if we keep playing our expansive game plan like we did this past weekend, then I think we'll be in with a shout.[/b]
Erm... Sale? Currently fourth in the table with the best defence in the league, don't you know? ;) Plus after the Leicester game, we may start to play some more expansive stuff...
Maybe

But yeh, Gloucester are in with a chance as always.
Luckily for them, they got their annual cock-up in the first match of the season, so maybe they'll go on without many more slip-ups...
Still, I'll predict for the top four, currently:

1. Irish
2. Bath
3. Sale.
4. Glaws

With 'Quins and Leicester coming in 5th and 6th.
But that's just on current form (and in my totally unbiased opinion ^_^).

Sir Speedy.. who runs the Sale defence, in terms of coaching?

I think they could find employment with the England set-up... if Sale would be willing share?

And yes, I see that now that LI are considered top of the table, had just been responding to the headline on my Gloucester news site.

Judging by the ineptitude of our attack, I've concluded that we haven't been coached to defend either; the players just improvise while on the pitch.

Sorry about that. >_>

No worries mate. :lol:

I would sell you a Dean Ryan, but it seems he might have hit a bit of luck...although I suspect a different reason for our change in form.... Redpath has taken over and is actually running the show.

What a swift change in fortune:
A thrashing by Irish; an away loss to Premiership sewage, Newcastle; a loss to 14 men in Kingsholm.
Looking forward to the Sale v Glaws clash at Kingsholm now. ;)

Curse you and your attention to stats, Sir Speedy. They only speak of the truths that are the disappointment that has been our January. :lol:

Hopefully with Lamb sitting, Barkley and Allen combining at 10 and 12, and JSD, Delve, SOmmerville and Hazel back, things will start to change back in our favour.. starting with a strong showing against the IRish this weekend.

Delve is back at 8, Hazel is on the bench, Allen is still out. Henry Trinder makes his premiership debut in the centre.Qera is still 2 weeks away from his long layoff. Things at Kingsholm are far from good but with some good players returning we can still mount a challenge for the ***le.Win today and we`ll be top of the table.

Latest posts