Gloucester v Ulster

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Gloucester.png
Gloucester v Ulster
Ulster.png
</div>

Gloucester will be looking to rack up the tries against Ulster today in order to avoid a potential quarter final tie albeit at home against Munster. Given the form of Ulster this season that shouldn't be an unreasonable ask.

Seven tries should see them overtake London Irish.

Gloucester: Iain Balshaw; James Simpson-Daniel, Mike Tindall, Anthony Allen, Lesley Vainikolo, Chris Paterson, Rory Lawson, Nick Wood, Olivier Azam, Carlos Nieto, Peter Buxton, Marco Bortolami (capt), Alasdair Strokosch, Akapusi Qera, Gareth Delve.
Replacements: Andy ***terrell, Christian Califano, Will James, Luke Narraway, Gareth Cooper, Ryan Lamb, Willie Walker.

Ulster: M Bartholomeusz; T Bowe, A Trimble, P Steinmetz, M McCrea; P Wallace, I Boss; B Young, R Best (capt), D Fitzpatrick, J Harrison, R Caldwell, M McCullough, N Best, G Webb.
Replacements: N Brady, T Court, C Del Fava, N McMillan, K Campbell, N O'Connor, S Mallon.

MUCH better from Ulster some superb tries in this game. What summed up Ulsters season was right at the end when they dropped the ball over Gloustester line costing them a couple of well deserved points. Lamb and Paterson didnt give Glouscester much direction although they did score some super tries. All in all though they will need to improve to have any chance of winning the ***le.

Gloucester did just enough to beat Ulster but it certainly wont be enough to see of Munster. The whole performance was riddled with errors, starting at the line out. While Azam adds so much in the scrum and with his carrying his throwing seems to get worse with every game. Add to that the loss of Alex Brown for at least 6 weeks, we must have the weakest line out left in the competition.Also our will to run the ball from anywhere is admirable but its not the way to win the HC. Cut out the errors and sort the line out and we are one of the better sides i just dont think Munster are the sort of side to help our line out woes. We now know that Lamb is more effective at 10 than Patterson but i would still like to see us playing the rugby in the right areas of the pitch. Finaly ithink Ulster have some of the best fansaround . Had the pleasure of talking to lots of them yesterdayand they were great people who never stop singing.

Finaly ithink Ulster have some of the best fansaround . Had the pleasure of talking to lots of them yesterdayand they were great people who never stop singing. [/b]
Must have been hard to hold a conversation with them.

So, you'll be welcoming the Munster inbreds after all.

<div class='quotemain'> Finaly ithink Ulster have some of the best fansaround . Had the pleasure of talking to lots of them yesterdayand they were great people who never stop singing. [/b]
Must have been hard to hold a conversation with them.

So, you'll be welcoming the Munster inbreds after all.
[/b][/quote]

Funny how things go Shtove, one of us could end up looking a twat for some previous posts.Il do you a deal, if we win i wont gloat, if you win likewise?
Anyway its going to be a fantastic game,good luck(sort of).

We now know that Lamb is more effective at 10 than Patterson but i would still like to see us playing the rugby in the right areas of the pitch. [/b]

What based on yesterdays performance? Lamb's performance was riddled with errors, more than Paterso anyway who played for an hour.

<div class='quotemain'>
We now know that Lamb is more effective at 10 than Patterson but i would still like to see us playing the rugby in the right areas of the pitch. [/b]

What based on yesterdays performance? Lamb's performance was riddled with errors, more than Paterso anyway who played for an hour.
[/b][/quote]

There were two bad performances at 10 for Glos on Sunday, I just think of the two Lamb gets the back line moving better and at least has a kicking game. Patterson is a wing/fullback at the end of the day and will always get game time due to his place kicking in the tough matches. He has not had much opportunities in his best positions as we have persisted in using him as a 10. I also think Willie Walker is a better 10 or 15 than him anyway(but thats another matter).