• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Going on tour

E

edinburgh_gunner

My team are going on tour to Dublin in March next year for a weekend. We're going to fly out Friday morning, play Friday night, watch the Scotland v. Ireland match in a bar on the Saturday and then play another game on Sunday then fly back Monday. Haven't been to Dublin for a couple years, and even then I was quite young. So where are the good places to go? The bars, places to eat etc. Don't know who we're playing on tour though, but I'm sure it'll be great banter. Being the only non-drinker going on tour, i'm going to have alot of fun geitting everyone home on the Monday!

My team are going on tour to Dublin in March next year for a weekend. We're going to fly out Friday morning, play Friday night, watch the Scotland v. Ireland match in a bar on the Saturday and then play another game on Sunday then fly back Monday. Haven't been to Dublin for a couple years, and even then I was quite young. So where are the good places to go? The bars, places to eat etc. Don't know who we're playing on tour though, but I'm sure it'll be great banter. Being the only non-drinker going on tour, i'm going to have alot of fun geitting everyone home on the Monday!
[/b]

When I went on tour last year to around the same area, I was also the non-drinker, but it meant that I had to be extra careful on what I did. Shall I say when your teamates are drunk you better watch out for your hair.

[/b]

I went on tour to Ireland, Scotland and Wales last year, and of all the places Dublin was the worst place. Barring St. Patties Dublin just wasnt' as fun as the rest of the UK. Maybe it was the fact that Nass pasted us, but it just wasn't anywhere near as good as Wales.

We welcome each and every one of you foreign ******** equally!
Party hard, baby!
That's a rule in Wales, i do believe.

We welcome each and every one of you foreign ******** equally!
Party hard, baby!
That's a rule in Wales, i do believe.
[/b]

Having been to Wales twice, I can say there are no people more accomodating than the Welsh. Especially the women...

At last someone who says something good about Wales
[/b]

Beer, beutiful woman and rugby. What isn't there to love about Wales?

That's failing to mention the great atmosphere at Millenium Stadium. I've been to Bledesloe Cup matches and I must say Wales exceeded that. Well apart from when Jade had the embankment and there were a bunch of liquered up uni students, All Blacks/SA in the last time the embankment was used comes to mind. I managed to score tickets to the Grand Slam game and I was thoroughly impressed and will forever be in debt to the Welsh for throwing that party.

I managed to score tickets to the Grand Slam game and I was thoroughly impressed and will forever be in debt to the Welsh for throwing that party.
[/b]

I think Cardiff drowned on alcohol that day.
Ridiculously awesome day, the sun was shinning, it was lovely and warm, girls were out in their masses, rugby was being played as it should be, we were beating the Irish to win the Grand Slam...god damn!
One of my fondest memories!
:D

Latest posts