• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gold Coast ***ans On The Prowl

S

St Helens RLFC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_leag...gan/4509620.stm

Bet the English guys aren't good enough for the NRL eh?
<

bah
we will see

will they be bringing there wheel chairs and their walkers?..or duz it come with the new nrl contracts?

we will see the ***ans will be all over the new zealand talent first before they reach into the depths of your professional retirement home

or super duper stupid league

I think it would be a blow to Wigan and Super League if O'Loughlin went, he is the next big thing.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Dec 9 2005, 04:33 AM
I think it would be a blow to Wigan and Super League if O'Loughlin went, he is the next big thing.
Think he has some work to do yet to claim the mantle of " The next big thing ".

There's only about 3 or 4 ESL teams that would deserve a place in our competition. There just isn't the depth over in England, even with the ridiculous amounts of Aussies and Kiwis playing.

I heard a whisper that the St Helens skipper could move to the Roosters in 2007. Is there any credibility in that?

What we defiantely know is that Jamie Lyon will either be playing for Manly or the Gold Coast in 2007.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 18 2006, 12:24 PM
There's only about 3 or 4 ESL teams that would deserve a place in our competition. There just isn't the depth over in England, even with the ridiculous amounts of Aussies and Kiwis playing.

I heard a whisper that the St Helens skipper could move to the Roosters in 2007. Is there any credibility in that?

What we defiantely know is that Jamie Lyon will either be playing for Manly or the Gold Coast in 2007.
Scully is at the tail end of his career now - he might consider a season in Oz.

Don't be so sure on Jamie Lyon - I have heard a few things to suggest he might be about to commit himself to the club long term.

Lyon must be around 24 or something and if he signs a deal like that now he'll never play representative football. Personally I don't think he'll be satisfied with that, he'll want to test himself in the big arena.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 18 2006, 08:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 18 2006, 08:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jan 18 2006, 12:24 PM

Scully is at the tail end of his career now - he might consider a season in Oz.

Don't be so sure on Jamie Lyon - I have heard a few things to suggest he might be about to commit himself to the club long term. [/b]
WIsh that were true m8, but cant see it. In any case we would end up paying shed loads of cash and I could see it having an impact elsewhere. I guess maybe if Scully went next year it would work out, but who replaces him ?

Wilkin, he is going to be a top player. Not many people can replace Scully though. The thing with Lyon that makes me think he might stay is the fact that his family are over here.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 19 2006, 08:43 PM
Wilkin, he is going to be a top player. Not many people can replace Scully though. The thing with Lyon that makes me think he might stay is the fact that his family are over here.
Yeah but they were always going to come over with him being here for 2 years. Doesnt mean they arnt looking forward to going home. Me im pretty resigned that he will go back but I aint going to get down about it. We had a great year of Jamie last year and fingers crossed we will get more of the same this year.

Just be glad we saw GOD in a Saints shirt
<

The bonus being we pay him less than Vaealiki
<

We pay him less than Vaealiki and is his aboyt 45 times the player. I served Jamie in work last week and I asked him if he was happy and he said "very."

I'll cling on to that! Wonderful guy, would love to see him stay. We'll always be lucky enough to say we saw him and if I were to die tomorrow I'd say he's the best Saints player I saw.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 20 2006, 08:36 PM
We pay him less than Vaealiki and is his aboyt 45 times the player. I served Jamie in work last week and I asked him if he was happy and he said "very."

I'll cling on to that! Wonderful guy, would love to see him stay. We'll always be lucky enough to say we saw him and if I were to die tomorrow I'd say he's the best Saints player I saw.
He really is one of the only players you watch and think " How the **** did he do that ? ".

Amazing talent and glad he is happy here.

P.S What phone did you sell him ? Whatever it was, it isnt as good as my mini S
<

He was playing with my W800 and decided he wanted it, so that he got. I'd love a Mini S but I can't justify having one sadly.

We get a lot of the Saints boys in, and they all seem to be buzzing.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 20 2006, 11:41 PM
He was playing with my W800 and decided he wanted it, so that he got. I'd love a Mini S but I can't justify having one sadly.

We get a lot of the Saints boys in, and they all seem to be buzzing.
They must have them on vibrate m8
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 21 2006, 12:08 AM
<
<

I am very confident about the up and coming season, I genuinely fancy our chances.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 21 2006, 12:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 21 2006, 12:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 21 2006, 12:08 AM

<
<

I am very confident about the up and coming season, I genuinely fancy our chances. [/b]
I think we have a good chance also, but im trying to keep my feet on the ground. Until I see Cayless and Meli get a run out im still unsure.

We look strong, but the players have to back it up with effort and commitment. Hope Anderson has got a real no easy games put everyone to the sword attitude well and truely implemented now.

***ans will be my second team to go for.
i reckon they'll go well in 2007.
id love a ***ans and cowboys grand final

Latest posts