• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Good grief!!!

Well we've made it - Sunday December 10th at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, we start a new version of Wheelchair Rugby called Wheelchair Rugby 5's.

It's open to more disabled people and as you can guess is played by 5 players instead of 4 which is the traditional game.

I can't believe we've gone from 3.5 years ago saying we don't have enough money to buy a wheel to now developing a new version which is about to be launched at the birthplace of the Paralympics :) :) :)
As always, it's great to get updates from you guys.
I'm sure everyone on the site, and everyone who appreciates sport wishes you all the best. It's been fantastic reading how you've developed over the last few years. (I still insist I will make it there for a game someday (but given the success, I expect to have some kind of royal box or something :p))

The Dorset Destroyers Wheelchair Rugby Club played in the very first game of the brand new league of Wheelchair Rugby 5's this weekend.

The mates from Dorset who raised £25,000 and received funding for £70,000, are now top of the League after Weekend One of 3 :) I can't quite believe it!!! We're just a bunch of mates/acquaintances etc etc etc who have worked together to get this off the ground, and lo and behold, in our first weekend we are top of our league!!!!

We still have 2 more weekends to go, the next one on Sunday June 10th at Stoke Mandeville Stadium playing the same 4 teams, and the final weekend is Sunday September 2nd, where 3 of the top teams from our league and 3 of the top from the other league play each other to decide who is going to be Champions of Division 1 (As yet there is no Division as it's a new sport)

The bottom four teams will go head to head in a Division 2 play off to see who will be the first Champions of Division 2.

https://dorseteye.com/dorset-destroyers-wheelchair-rugby-club-smash-their-way-to-top-of-the-table/

WR5s League Tables 5-5-18-page-001.jpg DccZbBgWkAAwRhY.jpg 31947777_1914160785315798_8757964029130964992_o.jpg

The Dorset Destroyers Wheelchair Rugby Club played in the very first game of the brand new league of Wheelchair Rugby 5's this weekend.

The mates from Dorset who raised £25,000 and received funding for £70,000, are now top of the League after Weekend One of 3 :) I can't quite believe it!!! We're just a bunch of mates/acquaintances etc etc etc who have worked together to get this off the ground, and lo and behold, in our first weekend we are top of our league!!!!

We still have 2 more weekends to go, the next one on Sunday June 10th at Stoke Mandeville Stadium playing the same 4 teams, and the final weekend is Sunday September 2nd, where 3 of the top teams from our league and 3 of the top from the other league play each other to decide who is going to be Champions of Division 1 (As yet there is no Division as it's a new sport)

The bottom four teams will go head to head in a Division 2 play off to see who will be the first Champions of Division 2.

https://dorseteye.com/dorset-destroyers-wheelchair-rugby-club-smash-their-way-to-top-of-the-table/

View attachment 5825 View attachment 5826 View attachment 5827

Great news again guys. Keep it up! :)

Well we did it. We are now the only unbeaten Wheelchair Rugby 5's team in the country and won our League, so we now go to play in Division 1 on September 2nd to vie for the ***le (No Division 1 as yet as the sport is new) and compete against 5 other teams for the ***le.

But this is going to be our hardest mountain to climb!!!

Attachments

• 35026713_2114741455427764_3027794799416573952_n.png
    35026713_2114741455427764_3027794799416573952_n.png
    32 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts