• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Google

K

kaftka

Why can't I find TRF when I type "rugby forum" into google?

...Although, it does feel kind of nice knowing that us 450 couldn't get here from a common search engine...Really had to dig deep...

Mmmm...exclusive...

Maybe this is why we have so few members? We have the perfect URL. therugbyforum.com

Doesn't get better than that...

Oh, and Saints, are you still making the T-Shirts? Because me and Jacko have been coming up with ideas.

Only joking, Jacko came up with them himself.

Only joking, nobody has.

Only joking, I did.

yahoo has us at result 2
alltheweb 2
lycos 5
askjeeves 5
altavista 2

google after 11 pages of 10 results i gave up, but put "the rugby forum" it pops up quite promptly

Sounds like SHRLFC needs Overture (that's improved Google listings in layman's speak) and I know just the person to buy it off....

Mrs SHRLFC say: "I sell that."
<

Right, I have wondered about this myself. Can I afford improved listings? Can I hell. Can I set up a Pay Pal thing so people can donate. Course I can!

kaftka - i would do the t-shirts if I thought people would buy...

It's £300, you all better hurry up cos I need £350 by Friday for my target.

It's a lot of money and a bit of a gamble but as long as everyone donated we'd be able to get a good amount of that wouldnt we?

If everyone donated £1 there would be enough moneyto get it and more!

Or we could run off and set up home with it!! Although my target is more important!

No seriously, how it works is:

You pay £300. £150 of that is a one off payment for the service.
The other £150 is essentially a kitty. Everytime someone clicks on your link on Google you pay for that click out of the kitty. The amount you pay depends on what word the Google-browser typed in.
So, with TRF for example. "Sport" might cost 10p per click, whereas "rugby" or "forum" would cost £1.

So it's expensive but it's the only way of rising up the listings unless you sit there and continously click on the homepage.

Originally posted by Mrs SHRLFC@Jan 19 2006, 03:38 AM
So it's expensive but it's the only way of rising up the listings unless you sit there and continously click on the homepage.
Everyone! You know what you've got to do!

1 quid (i don't have the icon)? You gotta be joking, that's $2.40 here in oz. I need that money or I won't be abvle to get RC06 for PS2 and Rugby 2006 for PC...

Wait till an event... like a world cup... be prepared... i.e. have the site sorted into relevant sections... pay for Google adwords 2 weeks to a month before hand... put the moderators on certain sections... give them certain amount of ownership on their section... advise them to watch it, encourage it, make it work... in fact screw the moderators, choose the most one sided person from a country (i.e. Lora for Wales - get the picture, no offence to Lora, he's an absolute legend for sticking up for his crew - it's not his fault they had a bad end of year and got made to look silly... , etc), advise them to work it (use it or lose it).

Guy's it NOT HARD TO MAKE MONEY IN A MODERN WORLD.
ADVERTISING... SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY

Seriously how much is Swordfish paying for their advertising? and they have prime billing!

What the?

Dumbo may no **** about some things but dumbo knows a lot of **** about other things.

Originally posted by knuck@Jan 19 2006, 12:51 AM
yahoo has us at result 2
alltheweb 2
lycos 5
askjeeves 5
altavista 2

google after 11 pages of 10 results i gave up, but put "the rugby forum" it pops up quite promptly
Do many people use anything other than google reallly though?

I used to at school but now google generally provides the answer.

Latest posts