• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got it

Never been a fan of the fifa/ea kits to be honest, they look like bin liners, the folds and creases dont really match how they would look on a body wearing them because their photoref is taken from a flat shirt. Fact fans. Each to their own tho' , as a gamer Ive allways preferred the look of Pro Evo to the rather dry presentation of Fifa. I like the more "videogame-y" look, sharper colours etc...

have put my finger on that missing something, it feels too much like ea 2004/05 for comfort and not enough like ea 2001 or jlr or rl/rl2 or wcr/rc not very specific i know but play it you'll know what i mean. its like they haven't learned from others- just themselves - you know what they say about wise man and all that.

leceister are good varndells in as a sub but they have no start players

also i don't think mauls work very well you can't rool them and cant even always get them started scrums are bit better though you can wheel them so the 8 pick works much better than 2005

ps i see quinta is appreciative and on topic, but what do you expect with an avatar like that? how old is he? 13?

Originally posted by forumuser@Feb 9 2006, 08:09 PM
have put my finger on that missing something, it feels too much like ea 2004/05 for comfort and not enough like ea 2001 or jlr or rl/rl2 or wcr/rc not very specific i know but play it you'll know what i mean. its like they haven't learned from others- just themselves - you know what they say about wise man and all that.

leceister are good varndells in as a sub but they have no start players

also i don't think mauls work very well you can't rool them and cant even always get them started scrums are bit better though you can wheel them so the 8 pick works much better than 2005

ps i see quinta is appreciative and on topic, but what do you expect with an avatar like that? how old is he? 13?
I'm about as off topic as you are starting this topic. I strongly doubt that you have this game. Just because you drop a couple of words you think people will believe you? From your vague descriptions you might as well be talking about R2005. Everything you've told us here is what everyone either knows or expects from the game anyway. In that sense your attempt at sarcasm is entirely irnoic because it is the truth, I am appreciative that you are on a wind-up and I am on-topic here because the topic of your thread is really "let's talk bullsh*t"

Bought from an independent trader....independent from what ....reality?

As far as your comment goes on my age and avatar in an attempt to insult...can I point you to some of your very own wise words of wisdom on this post. To illustrate my point I'll quote the part I wish you to pay very close attention to:

seriously who gets their kicks from insulting people, let alone on the internet
[/b]

its just a shop called funhouse not a chain like game or gamestation.
whats with the conspiracy theory - why would i make it and waste my time posting something that isn't true?
i thought some people might appreciate a little insight as i've appreciated that of others. the fact that the things i've said you already suspect doesn't make them any less true

if you've any genuine questions fire away

there is create a player option by the way, who ever asked

"seriously who gets their kicks from insulting people, let alone on the internet"

quinta you are absolutely correct, i should have been above responding to jibes

Originally posted by forumuser@Feb 10 2006, 12:20 AM
whats with the conspiracy theory - why would i make it and waste my time posting something that isn't true?
i thought some people might appreciate a little insight as i've appreciated that of others. the fact that the things i've said you already suspect doesn't make them any less true

"seriously who gets their kicks from insulting people, let alone on the internet"

hey dude ignore him, we all believe you! Can I just ask - can you check in the menu and see if you can edit a teams squad. e.g with rugby 2005 you could access a pool of players and add them to a team or create a completely new team e.g I changed England's side to include much weaker players from a pool of England players. I think its the squad selection screen. I would really appreciate it if you could check for me!
Cheers

i think so, with the lions you can pick from every eleigble player in the game, can't remember if you can edit stuff though but i'll check

what team is rupeni caucau in and can you give me his correct stats?...all his stats..it shouldnt be hard seeing as you have the game and all

can you check the Barbarians and other representatives sides( are they the same as R2005 , who is in the Baba's team and can you manually change the line to who ever you want ?

:D

Originally posted by forumuser@Feb 10 2006, 12:41 AM
i think so, with the lions you can pick from every eleigble player in the game, can't remember if you can edit stuff though but i'll check
thnx dude - basically I think its in the squad selection screen. Each team has a squad of about 25 players (subs and reserves) which you can edit or swap with other players from a pool of players. You then save this to your profile or roster and load it up everytime you want to play with your new team. If you could check that would be great! thnx :D

Originally posted by forumuser@Feb 10 2006, 12:20 AM

Apology accepted. :p

The game will be out tomorrow, I've checked with a couple of traders so no real need to ask any questions but thanks anyway

id like to know what teams are included, all the website gives away is "the guinnes premiership" teams

id like to know what teams are included, all the website gives away is "the guinnes premiership" teams

id like to know what teams are included, all the website gives away is "the guinnes premiership" teams, and can you edit existing players stats

Has anyone seen my geese?

I turned my back for a minute and now they're gone.

I swapped two cows and 7 magic beans for my geese.

Damn it.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Feb 11 2006, 02:52 AM
Has anyone seen my geese?

I turned my back for a minute and now they're gone.

I swapped two cows and 7 magic beans for my geese.

Damn it.
Geese chestnut it's not like we have anything better to do mate.

Just had my first game. I bought the game into work and so I am playing with keyboard, thought I'd attempt a game on club level, it's pretty good. Ai scored some great tries but that was mo9stly due to my defending with the keyboard being rusty, and then I have to look over my shoulder to see if someone is coming through the door. Played SA vs NZ, what is great is the fact that you see highlights of the action when you go to the pause menu and after the first halve it shows highlights of the halve. I thought they'd run away with me after being 14 - 0 down in the first, I came back to win it 26 - 20. Kicking is brilliant. Great overall atmosphere and I think the commentating is more fluent and part of the action.

by the way chestnut, whatever you do plant them beans, I did the same last year feb and now I've got a massive mary jane in my greenhouse

Latest posts