• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the demo - I need a rule check tho?

R

raziel_eire

okely doke...

I got me a PS2 demo today (yeah to me!
<
) and I've been playing all day... and I have to say I am greatly impressed by the game, more so then I originally expected (even tho it is on easy mode)

The question I need to ask tho is ... having taken a drop goal attempt and seen the ball hit the crossbar and then proceed over, should this be a legitimate score?
The ball bounced on the crossbar and then behind, but no score was given... luckily I pounced on the loose ball to score a try, but is this a proper rule? or is it a slight flaw?

Generally the application of the rules of the game have impressed me so far... even the AI has some good moments on easy mode...
- I had a lineout with 2 mins to go on the Aus 5m line, I threw it short and started a maul, attempting to drive them over the line... a yard or so away and the Aussie's bring the maul down and I get awarded a penalty try... yeah !

The game is good guys... waitin for the full version will be that bit easier for me now tho
<
!!!

That should be considered a drop goal.

You can doink the ball off the posts from penalties, dropgoals, conversions and as long as they fall over the cross bar, it's all good.

Now, this being a video game, did you get a chance to look at replays from all angles? Is there any way to follow the shadow on the ground?

Sounds like a bug ...
More importantly ... where'd you get the demo??
<

you play the full match ... Eng v Aus ... its the same demo Locks had i presume... I had it posted up to me from a store in Dublin... GameStop - it was free of charge too !!!

I made sure I checked the replay Capt. (tho it only replayed once, which is what happens when you score a kicked attempt... tries always give 2 replays - so I kinda thought, what the??? but i had to kick a conversion so it was def a try)

perhaps I got it wrong and the funky ball physics made the ball come back off the crossbar into the field of play and then change course whilst in mid air and land within the scoring area... but if it did, I didn't see it ... and I was looking !!! I payed particular attention to it this time because in a previous game I had an attempt bounce off the crossbar twice before returning to open play...
I'm finding drop goals a decent challenge on side view so I may well get a chance to see it again...

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 3 2005, 06:41 AM
you play the full match ... Eng v Aus ... its the same demo Locks had i presume... I had it posted up to me from a store in Dublin... GameStop - it was free of charge too !!!

I made sure I checked the replay Capt. (tho it only replayed once, which is what happens when you score a kicked attempt... tries always give 2 replays - so I kinda thought, what the??? but i had to kick a conversion so it was def a try)

perhaps I got it wrong and the funky ball physics made the ball come back off the crossbar into the field of play and then change course whilst in mid air and land within the scoring area... but if it did, I didn't see it ... and I was looking !!! I payed particular attention to it this time because in a previous game I had an attempt bounce off the crossbar twice before returning to open play...
I'm finding drop goals a decent challenge on side view so I may well get a chance to see it again...
how did you get it for free from gamestop?

He got it by looking at the thread called "Demo" and underneath it says, "I know where to get it"

I believe he's talking about the postage being free of charge.

Good luck with the phantom drops Raz. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Let us know if any other weird (or cool) stuff happens.

I emailed the store HQ last Monday 21st Feb in relation to the release date for the full game and also any info on a demo for the game.
I got a reply from a young lady there informing me of their expected release dates and also that the demo would be released on Monday 28th of February and she offered to post it up to me. I didn't have to pay for the demo or for any P&P ... which I think is kinda cool of them!

I did however buy a 2nd demo off ebay yesterday having not heard from GameStop that the demo had been successfully posted (how could I doubt them!?!?) which I've paid £2.50 for with £1.50 P&P... I'm still waiting on its delivery...

sean43 ... I've been playing it since 1pm today ... more or less constant (the halves must be 5-7 mins long... I've not timed them 'cuz I've been so hooked).

generally the crowd noises are alright... not as hectic/noisey as the PES4 crowd when pushing for a score late on... I'll need to take proper note of it when I go back to play for a while ... when I'm actually playing it, I never seem to have time to take everyting in...

the English crowd def sings parts of "swing low" ... there is another chant sung at diff times, but I don't know what it is (I presume its an Aus chant of some sort)

... so if any Aus guys can give me a few lines of their well known rugby chants, I'll try and match them up with whats in game

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Very cool then. Very nice people, the Irish -- not charging for demos and the like.

i guess that copying a free demo is not to be considered as piracy...........
Raziel, can you share the demo on Emule Man............
Please (i'm on my knees , begging )

bob, I've the game on PS2 not PC...

how I get it on emule is one thing ... how you get it to PS2 from there is another... and it would require me to stop playing it for an extended period of time ... which is nay likely !!!
<

it's possible and easy to play to this amazing ps2 demo by burning the demo image on a dvd or cd and having a modchiped ps2.
if somebody could share it on emule or bitorrent, it would be fantastic.
can't wait for this amazing game !!!
raziel, could you do that for a little french guy like me ?
i'll phone to bernard laporte and ask to him to let ireland win grand slam next week end
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 3 2005, 07:14 AM
bob, I've the game on PS2 not PC...

how I get it on emule is one thing ... how you get it to PS2 from there is another... and it would require me to stop playing it for an extended period of time ... which is nay likely !!!
<
yeah that's exactly what i'm talking about, the PS2 demo.......

this is your link to emule, the latest version is 045b

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/gen...=13&rm=download

Then you just make an image of you're CD and put it in your shared folder.

Now i'm guessing you'll stop playing at least before going to bed, so if you could take 15 mn to create the image of the CD and share with the whole world, that would be the best news in weeks.

have fun mate
Thanks

Originally posted by frenchsam@Mar 3 2005, 07:24 AM
raziel, could you do that for a little french guy like me ?
i'll phone to bernard laporte and ask to him to let ireland win grand slam next week end
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Raz, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had it (though I still don't know what the hell they're talking about. Emule? Electronic-Mule?)

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 3 2005, 07:32 AM
Raz, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had it (though I still don't know what the hell they're talking about. Emule? Electronic-Mule?)
Your kidding right
Don't tell me you don't know about Peer2Peer............

Ok , let's act like you actually don't know.
it's the best way to get anything on the internet.
Movies, Games, Mp3 music, software .....you name it.

This type of file sharing system has put the fear in the mind of lots of CEO's around the world.

http://www.emule-project.net/home/

go check it

I'll have a look at it later on guys and try to give it a shot...

... is emule like Kazaa or does it use the torrent system for downloading?

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 3 2005, 07:42 AM
I'll have a look at it later on guys and try to give it a shot...

... is emule like Kazaa or does it use the torrent system for downloading?
strictly P2P like kazaa

Latest posts