• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the PC version Yesterday

S

Springbokfan

I have played the Pc version to death yesterday.

And Boy was i impressed.

MMMM very interesting.

O and the Kicking doesn't suck.

HUGE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE PS2 VERSION OF LOCKSLEY AND THE RELEASED PC VERSION.

Cheers

RAY

can u play against the lions with the aussies or whoever or can u only use the lions on the lions tour????

You can unfortunately only play with the lions.

And you cannot select them from the Play now mode. You can only select them from the tournaments menu.

yes it would. The Graphics on the Pc is alot better than on the PS2 .

I have an ATi 9200 se (128mg) screen card.

And the graphics is stunning. Im playing it on 1024x768 full pitch details and its as smooth as locksleys bottom
<

A pic of Stirlo (brumbies kit) would be nice can u post it? And can you tell me which if any international teams are unlicensed?

None, all the international teams are licensed , and all of them have national anthems playing when you play on their homeground.

I actually think that the only teams that might be unlicensed is the lower clubs of the Heiniken cup , But i could be wrong , I haven't played with an Nh club yet.

I must add that they really went all out with producing the best rugby game ever.

Thanks, notice Nike hasn't given approval for their logo to be used (England, France kit) and please a pic of mortlock preferably cutscene.

Originally posted by TRUTH@Mar 10 2005, 06:51 PM
can u tell us who's in the AUSTRALIA A team plzz?????
Truth actually i have no idea, but i will bring you a screen shot of the whole Australia A side 2 morrow, I went straight to Super 12 yesterday to start my season off.

Some questions....

If you say it is better than Locksley's review, what do you mean?

How is the commentary?

Is the Boks rated 3rd in terms of rankings?

Can you select your own Springbok squad?

Is there tours - like a bok tour to NZ?

I liked the passing game in terms of World Championship Rugby. Is it similar?

Sorry for all the questions

I'll save bokfan a question, their commentary's alright still scripted. Some Welshy and a kiwi take the reins

Originally posted by Braaivleis@Mar 10 2005, 07:03 PM
Some questions....

How is the commentary?

1) The Pc version that i have looks better than locksley's version , it could be the way he recorded it , but it could be because a pc has more hardware to support Graphics.

2) The Commentary seems alot better than what i have heard from the clips that locksley posted , It is asif the sorted the kinda cut and paste sound out. it's still not Fifa but its Pretty Good

3) There is 2 ways how u can select ur Springbok squad, first when you choose playnow mode you can select between 22 guys for ur squad - 15 plus resereves . But when you play like tri-nations you can select ur 30 man tour side from all the players in the S.A domestic sides, wich is about 88 players

4) No the Team Rankings is still the same , But the Boks are not Underrated that i can tell you

5) Unfortunately there is no tour like u wanted , but you can always improvize with the Play Now mode.

6) The passing system for me in Rugby 2005 is way better than in WCR , like lest say a forward passes the ball 7/10 times the ball will still becaught by the reciever but the pass kinda slows him down but just for a millisec. The passes is smoother and more reliable, Bullet passes is a great thing when ur looking for a gap , They have added a thing where lets say i pass the ball to No13 and before he recieves the ball you press pass again , then the ball is passed by No.13 as soon as he gets it wich makes it that mutch more better to hit gaps , All in all id rather take Rugby2005 passing system than WCR.

7) Nooit bru vra maar jou vrae

Oh and Another thing that i saw that was different from the playstation version is ....... The Pc version doesn't have an INTRo ... Erm but who the hell cares , the game is great

of course the pc version is going to look better than any console version..

Its simple and straightfoward really
<

And i dont know how u can say the kicking does not suck... cause it does...

if u want good kicking.. play JLR...

dude the kicking really doesn't sux.

It just depends who is kicking the Ball , Like i kicked with Butch James so the ball went flying about 20 meters.

When i kicked with Andrew Merthens the ball went about 45 meters. It all depends on the player who is kicking the ball...

oh and i have played JLR alot actually and it doesn't compare to Rugby2005 im sorry

dude are there video refs, also wat are the fight seens like any punches thrown or jst gurls pushing?

Originally posted by Springbokfan+Mar 10 2005, 07:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Springbokfan @ Mar 10 2005, 07:13 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Braaivleis
@Mar 10 2005, 07:03 PM
Some questions....

How is the commentary?

1) The Pc version that i have looks better than locksley's version , it could be the way he recorded it , but it could be because a pc has more hardware to support Graphics.

2) The Commentary seems alot better than what i have heard from the clips that locksley posted , It is asif the sorted the kinda cut and paste sound out. it's still not Fifa but its Pretty Good

3) There is 2 ways how u can select ur Springbok squad, first when you choose playnow mode you can select between 22 guys for ur squad - 15 plus resereves . But when you play like tri-nations you can select ur 30 man tour side from all the players in the S.A domestic sides, wich is about 88 players

4) No the Team Rankings is still the same , But the Boks are not Underrated that i can tell you

5) Unfortunately there is no tour like u wanted , but you can always improvize with the Play Now mode.

6) The passing system for me in Rugby 2005 is way better than in WCR , like lest say a forward passes the ball 7/10 times the ball will still becaught by the reciever but the pass kinda slows him down but just for a millisec. The passes is smoother and more reliable, Bullet passes is a great thing when ur looking for a gap , They have added a thing where lets say i pass the ball to No13 and before he recieves the ball you press pass again , then the ball is passed by No.13 as soon as he gets it wich makes it that mutch more better to hit gaps , All in all id rather take Rugby2005 passing system than WCR.

7) Nooit bru vra maar jou vrae [/b]
How good is the AI in the PC version? Some challenging games? What difficulty are you playing on?

Originally posted by MoxPearl@Mar 10 2005, 08:22 PM
of course the pc version is going to look better than any console version..

Its simple and straightfoward really
<

And i dont know how u can say the kicking does not suck... cause it does...

if u want good kicking.. play JLR...
wtf. i know you, you're on gamebiz or something?

Latest posts