• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Graham Henry Good Bye .........

I was pretty sure he was always going to go after the world cup anyway regardless of the result.

Yes, he was. Though I think he has been sacked before he put his resignation in.

In hind-sight a warm-up game against a NH team might of helped and tested us, as long as it wasn't Wales or Ireland.

Robbie Deans looks good for the job but gees why do we have to axe our coaches like this they've served us well for 4 years and 1 lost in the RWC and than they get the rope it's f****** ridiculous.

I hope this isn't official because I still feel Graham Henry is the best coach for the All Blacks.

Robbie Deans looks good for the job but gees why do we have to axe our coaches like this they've served us well for 4 years and 1 lost in the RWC and than they get the rope it's f****** ridiculous.

I hope this isn't official because I still feel Graham Henry is the best coach for the All Blacks.

[/b]

I too think Graham Henry is the best coach for the AB's at the moment. We should stop sacking them after each RWC failure and only replace them when it looks like the AB's really suck....they lost a game because they were not mentally up to it. Henry is the type who learns from mistakes and tries new things. Like Clive Woodward before him he may actually do it right second time around. But no AB coach ever gets a seciond time around chance.

Yeah i think we should keep henry the last thing we need is another coach who acts like a retarded bald monkey

coaching is kind of like politics

you serve the country well for 4 years as PM, you get beaten at an election and you stand down

Anyone else think it's sad that rugby unions have knee jerk reactions like soccer clubs in sacking managers - surely the key to a good squad is consistantly - if England sacked every manager that "lost" a few games -then Woodward would not of lasted long

Can we have him back for a bit now.

Ah to be knocked out in the quarters... :wub:

[/b]

You don't want him back - if he couldn't win the World Cup with that group of players, he'll never win it with Wales. Don't forget the disatrous Lions tour.

Its sad that everyone wants Graham Henry to go. Since becoming the NZ coach, Henry has helped developed alot of depth in NZ rugby. The All Blacks have also had a good, consistent record of wins under Henry, winning the tri nations, Bledisloe Cup etc.
I had a gut feeling that the re-conditioning program that several key players underwent, would backfire. When most of them returned in the Super 14 - it took them a few games to find a bit or form.They needed game time.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

You don't want him back - if he couldn't win the World Cup with that group of players, he'll never win it with Wales. Don't forget the disatrous Lions tour. [/b][/quote]

Yeah, I know, what a disastrous tour.

Jonny Wilkinson doesn't throw that interception and the Lions go up in the series 2-0 against what many consider the greatest Wallaby Era of all time, rather than losing a decider in the dying minutes.

And Chris Moller has stated Henry may still keep the job - the comments about having a "new coaching staff my Christmas" were apparently misread and Henry for now still has the job.

Whatever way we go is probably good enough, not a big Robbie Deans fan, but if he can get some decent assistants he wouldn't be a bad choice, as long as he doesn't push all his Cantab Boys like he did in 2002/03 and get into petty squabbles with players. Henry has had unparralled success over 4 years, and if we need to rebuild the AB's with all those players overseas he could be the best man for the job with all the talent he has help developed. Only problem is that he is 61, and whether he can keep the two assistants.

Whoever the coach is, as long as they keep Mike Cron we will be ok - every prop we have played has turned into a scrummaging beast under his tutelage, Carl Hayman and Woodcock looked to be fringe players, than Cron get's ahold of them and they maul all props who cross their path.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

You don't want him back - if he couldn't win the World Cup with that group of players, he'll never win it with Wales. Don't forget the disatrous Lions tour. [/b][/quote]

Yeah, I know, what a disastrous tour.

Jonny Wilkinson doesn't throw that interception and the Lions go up in the series 2-0 against what many consider the greatest Wallaby Era of all time, rather than losing a decider in the dying minutes. [/b][/quote]

Do some reading around and you'll discover that the Lions were on the verge of a series win because they had a great group of players, not because of Graham Henry.

Apparently the guy made huge mistakes, like trying to copy the bonding exercises of the 1997 tour without grasping the fundaments of why they worked, and giving shocking talks at half time.

He isn't perfect, it took him a while to learn about international rugby and achieve what he has managed with New Zealand.

Do some reading around and you'll discover that the Lions were on the verge of a series win because they had a great group of players, not because of Graham Henry.
[/b]

you can say that about any team, at any time. Do some reading and you'll find a lot of support for Henry on that tour, placing the blame on players who didn't want to train 'cos they thought they were above the basics. For example evil Stephen Jones, Welsh Anglophile extraordinaire blamed certain players for destabilising the coaching.

He isn't perfect, it took him a while to learn about international rugby and achieve what he has managed with New Zealand.
[/b]

he did pretty well with Wales, starting them on a good upward path and getting some good results.

I think Mr. Wilkinson threw 2 passes to Joe Roff that day, if I remember correctly. Was a superb Aussie team, no doubt. Great series too, 2 big teams with so much talent and the matches were all entertaining.

I've never seen a guy with such a permanent sneer on his face. [/b]

Or such a bored look on his face. He just looked like he wanted to be off fishing or something no matter what team he was coaching.

I think Henry has no fault for New Zealand's defeat.With him All Blacks won 42 out of 48 matches.An excellent performance all the same.By the way,what's up with australian trianer?Will he be sacked too?

he also has never apologies for the loss, and he shouldnt, we dont have anyone to replace him
if he does go the next coach has inherited a awseome team, built by henry

Why do people want Deans? did we all forget him after 4 years as him and mitchell ended up being absoulty hated by the whole country for their handling of players, their snotty attitudes, and nazism?

Goodbye Henry. He was good but from what I hear there was a lot of dissent in the ranks about the rotation policy & I wouldnt blame them. How would you feel playing well & not retaining your jersey the next week? I would be angry.

Deans should be a good replacement. He's got a cool head.

Latest posts