• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gran Tursimo 4

I can admire the depth and the class of the game but its just too hardcore for me to enjoy (a non-driver). Its for the gear-heads.

^^^^
I am a driver. I'll just say if I want a pure driving simulation, I'll get into my car.

If I want a fun video game, I'll play Burnout 3.

Good graphics a fun game doth not make.

But there are some all time classics on there. Ford GT40, Jensen Interceptor, Jaguar E-Type. All things I will probably never get to drive. I'm still stuck with my Citroen AX.

Well my XBox controllers have been lent out to other people for ages so I have spent the last couple of months revisiting the PS2.

I found an old PS2 demo with games and previews on it. One of those previews was GT4.

I always wanted to play GT4 but with PG, V8SC, Driv3r, Burnout, Forza, etc all claiming to have the goods I didn't bother trying it.

Now after going through the opposition I watched the preview and thought...........

..........OMGA!

The rest didn't even look close to GT4. And a PS2 game at that.

I should have realised after GT2 that there was no reason to go anywhere else for a driving sim. I will be hiring this game out next chance I get!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Sep 15 2005, 02:10 PM
Well my XBox controllers have been lent out to other people for ages so I have spent the last couple of months revisiting the PS2.

I found an old PS2 demo with games and previews on it. One of those previews was GT4.

I always wanted to play GT4 but with PG, V8SC, Driv3r, Burnout, Forza, etc all claiming to have the goods I didn't bother trying it.

Now after going through the opposition I watched the preview and thought...........

..........OMGA!

The rest didn't even look close to GT4. And a PS2 game at that.

I should have realised after GT2 that there was no reason to go anywhere else for a driving sim. I will be hiring this game out next chance I get!
Good stuff GG

When u rent it look at b-spec mode.......when u need to make dinner, or go shopping, you'll know what I mean

GG has concurred GT4 visually is supreme against PG, Forza, V8, Burnouts etc..........

It is the only game I do not trade in, until its own sequel

You been riding the timeline of late GG.........good stuff mate....keep the updates coming

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 15 2005, 02:30 PM
GG has concurred GT4 visually is supreme against PG, Forza, V8, Burnouts etc..........
I already know that playing wise GT4 would be fantstic as some of the newer driving sims were not even close to GT2! I thought only V8SCII was decent in the way it felt though it was scaled down to make things easier for the player. Especially the braking!

Well I just finished playing a days worth of GT4 and here are my conclusions so far.

Very nice graphics (expected)
Good handling (as always from this series). Loved the blurring when you hit a wall.
Great GT mode (as expected)
Multiplayer split screen was split the wrong way (vertical)
No damage on cars (pity).

Overall I think they have taken the game as far as you can on a PS2. We will have to wait for PS3 for GT6 to show their next breakthrough.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 18 2005, 01:18 PM
Meh, it looks okay.

I know huh,I wish they held off and showed us the graphics when its almost done,this time they were the over anxious ones and released something too soon.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 18 2005, 01:18 PM
Meh, it looks okay.

LMAO!

bullshit

its looks freaking freaking freaky man!!!!!

i cant wait till the ps3 comes out...

that looks hectic .

to finish off your GT4 game is if your buy a lazyboy chair and a steering wheel. BUt if your a tight arse(jokes)...it'll still blow you away, oh and the in depth career mode...i can just imagine what GT5 will be on the ps3

Latest posts