Gran Tursimo 4

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by ak47, Jan 12, 2005.

1. I can admire the depth and the class of the game but its just too hardcore for me to enjoy (a non-driver). Its for the gear-heads.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

^^^^
    I am a driver. I'll just say if I want a pure driving simulation, I'll get into my car.

If I want a fun video game, I'll play Burnout 3.

Good graphics a fun game doth not make.

4. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

But there are some all time classics on there. Ford GT40, Jensen Interceptor, Jaguar E-Type. All things I will probably never get to drive. I'm still stuck with my Citroen AX.

5. kaftka

kaftka Guest

My cars in GT4.

Try and guess which one.

6. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Well my XBox controllers have been lent out to other people for ages so I have spent the last couple of months revisiting the PS2.

I found an old PS2 demo with games and previews on it. One of those previews was GT4.

I always wanted to play GT4 but with PG, V8SC, Driv3r, Burnout, Forza, etc all claiming to have the goods I didn't bother trying it.

Now after going through the opposition I watched the preview and thought...........

..........OMGA!

The rest didn't even look close to GT4. And a PS2 game at that.

I should have realised after GT2 that there was no reason to go anywhere else for a driving sim. I will be hiring this game out next chance I get!

7. ak47

ak47 Guest

Good stuff GG

When u rent it look at b-spec mode.......when u need to make dinner, or go shopping, you'll know what I mean

GG has concurred GT4 visually is supreme against PG, Forza, V8, Burnouts etc..........

It is the only game I do not trade in, until its own sequel

You been riding the timeline of late GG.........good stuff mate....keep the updates coming

8. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

I already know that playing wise GT4 would be fantstic as some of the newer driving sims were not even close to GT2! I thought only V8SCII was decent in the way it felt though it was scaled down to make things easier for the player. Especially the braking!

9. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Well I just finished playing a days worth of GT4 and here are my conclusions so far.

Very nice graphics (expected)
    Good handling (as always from this series). Loved the blurring when you hit a wall.
    Great GT mode (as expected)
    Multiplayer split screen was split the wrong way (vertical)
    No damage on cars (pity).

Overall I think they have taken the game as far as you can on a PS2. We will have to wait for PS3 for GT6 to show their next breakthrough.

10. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

11. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Meh, it looks okay.

12. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

I know huh,I wish they held off and showed us the graphics when its almost done,this time they were the over anxious ones and released something too soon.

13. kinkon89

kinkon89 Guest

LMAO!

bullshit

its looks freaking freaking freaky man!!!!!

i cant wait till the ps3 comes out...

that looks hectic .

to finish off your GT4 game is if your buy a lazyboy chair and a steering wheel. BUt if your a tight arse(jokes)...it'll still blow you away, oh and the in depth career mode...i can just imagine what GT5 will be on the ps3

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!