• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Graphics, top quality

B

Bullitt

I take it you now DO like the game...

S

sean43

Yea the game is a lot better than I expected. A few stupid mistakes but it is very very good.

I have played my mate a few times and had some great games. I would say it will be better on ps2 though

J

jimmy44

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 05:35 AM
Yea the game is a lot better than I expected. A few stupid mistakes but it is very very good.

I have played my mate a few times and had some great games. I would say it will be better on ps2 though
Whats the single player like in your view?

B

Bullitt

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 05:35 AM
I would say it will be better on ps2 though
I don't think I'm gonna agree with that - now I have the PC game, I'm proberbly not gonna even bother with the Xbox game.

PC outshines them both visually, and from what I hear there are better gameplay features in the PC game.

Plus you can get some 'Official' kits on the NH games when you use the PC game!

S

sean43

Single player is very good, can get a bit boring as you end up scoring the same tries. The PC version is good, just the PS2 demo seems to run a bit smoother (that is not my pc either)

J

jimmy44

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 05:45 AM
Single player is very good, can get a bit boring as you end up scoring the same tries. The PC version is good, just the PS2 demo seems to run a bit smoother (that is not my pc either)
Thanks Sean - what kind of tries are you always scoring? sorry for all the Q's just inquisative! Is it possible to score different tries, i.e with forwards, break away tries etc etc.

S

sean43

The tries can vary, but I find myself picking up and going a lot with the forwards. The other way is the gaping gap in the centre

J

jimmy44

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 06:49 AM
The tries can vary, but I find myself picking up and going a lot with the forwards. The other way is the gaping gap in the centre
Are you playing on normal diff or hard?

S

sean43

I have not tried hard yet, easy is well, too easy. Medium is a good balance. Jimmy, is there any screens you want to see or something? I really dont mind

J

jimmy44

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 06:56 AM
I have not tried hard yet, easy is well, too easy. Medium is a good balance. Jimmy, is there any screens you want to see or something? I really dont mind
Thanks dude - off skiing now but maybe when get back Thanks for help

J

S

SaintsFan_Webby

Wow. EA have managed to get Henson's leg so smooth. It's as though he shaves them

W

Wally

I've got my resolution on 1024x768 and I actually expected the graphics to be a little better by the way everyone was talking them up on PC. Maybe it's just my computer, but it's reasonably new and pretty good. The pre-game shot of the stadium looked better on the PS2, but everything else looks atleast slightly better. Could I just ask what anitialising and force LOD is? And what setting do I put them on to get the best out of my game. Cheers.

S

sanzar

Originally posted by Wally@Mar 12 2005, 09:34 AM
I've got my resolution on 1024x768 and I actually expected the graphics to be a little better by the way everyone was talking them up on PC. Maybe it's just my computer, but it's reasonably new and pretty good. The pre-game shot of the stadium looked better on the PS2, but everything else looks atleast slightly better. Could I just ask what anitialising and force LOD is? And what setting do I put them on to get the best out of my game. Cheers.
Antialiasing makes hard corners into curves to create a more realistic natural look... don't know about LOD.

M

MoxPearl

lod is kinda how it scales down the players from a far distance...

Put the AA on the highest your computer can handle.. it will make the gfx 10000x better...

W

Wally

What's the AA Mox?

So it would be best for me to put anatialising on x8 and LOD on high.

J

jared27

i found that the game looks alot better with LOD on high and AA on 8x, also running with res on 1280 makes a big diffrence