• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Graphics, top quality

I take it you now DO like the game...
<

Yea the game is a lot better than I expected. A few stupid mistakes but it is very very good.

I have played my mate a few times and had some great games. I would say it will be better on ps2 though

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 05:35 AM
Yea the game is a lot better than I expected. A few stupid mistakes but it is very very good.

I have played my mate a few times and had some great games. I would say it will be better on ps2 though
Whats the single player like in your view?

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 05:35 AM
I would say it will be better on ps2 though
I don't think I'm gonna agree with that - now I have the PC game, I'm proberbly not gonna even bother with the Xbox game.

PC outshines them both visually, and from what I hear there are better gameplay features in the PC game.

Plus you can get some 'Official' kits on the NH games when you use the PC game!
<

Single player is very good, can get a bit boring as you end up scoring the same tries. The PC version is good, just the PS2 demo seems to run a bit smoother (that is not my pc either)

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 05:45 AM
Single player is very good, can get a bit boring as you end up scoring the same tries. The PC version is good, just the PS2 demo seems to run a bit smoother (that is not my pc either)
Thanks Sean - what kind of tries are you always scoring? sorry for all the Q's just inquisative! Is it possible to score different tries, i.e with forwards, break away tries etc etc.

The tries can vary, but I find myself picking up and going a lot with the forwards. The other way is the gaping gap in the centre

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 06:49 AM
The tries can vary, but I find myself picking up and going a lot with the forwards. The other way is the gaping gap in the centre
Are you playing on normal diff or hard?

I have not tried hard yet, easy is well, too easy. Medium is a good balance. Jimmy, is there any screens you want to see or something? I really dont mind

Originally posted by sean43@Mar 12 2005, 06:56 AM
I have not tried hard yet, easy is well, too easy. Medium is a good balance. Jimmy, is there any screens you want to see or something? I really dont mind
Thanks dude - off skiing now but maybe when get back Thanks for help

J

Wow. EA have managed to get Henson's leg so smooth. It's as though he shaves them
<

I've got my resolution on 1024x768 and I actually expected the graphics to be a little better by the way everyone was talking them up on PC. Maybe it's just my computer, but it's reasonably new and pretty good. The pre-game shot of the stadium looked better on the PS2, but everything else looks atleast slightly better. Could I just ask what anitialising and force LOD is? And what setting do I put them on to get the best out of my game. Cheers.

Originally posted by Wally@Mar 12 2005, 09:34 AM
I've got my resolution on 1024x768 and I actually expected the graphics to be a little better by the way everyone was talking them up on PC. Maybe it's just my computer, but it's reasonably new and pretty good. The pre-game shot of the stadium looked better on the PS2, but everything else looks atleast slightly better. Could I just ask what anitialising and force LOD is? And what setting do I put them on to get the best out of my game. Cheers.
Antialiasing makes hard corners into curves to create a more realistic natural look... don't know about LOD.

lod is kinda how it scales down the players from a far distance...

Put the AA on the highest your computer can handle.. it will make the gfx 10000x better...

What's the AA Mox?

So it would be best for me to put anatialising on x8 and LOD on high.

i found that the game looks alot better with LOD on high and AA on 8x, also running with res on 1280 makes a big diffrence

Latest posts