• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greatest rivalries, Team vs Team and Player vs Player

The greatest team vs team rivalry is obviously South Africa vs Australia/New Zealand [/b]

please expand. Why is that greater than Aus v NZ or England v France?

Samoa vs Tonga will be a serious rivalry now after Tonga gained that unexpected win at the RWC, when previously Samoa have destroyed them on numerous occasions. Samoa won't forget that, just as Tonga clearly didn't forget the last two whoopings.

Also, Wales vs the Pacific Islands. Just Tonga to win now and we have the full set!

On a player theme, i'd say.. Rupeni Caucau vs Authority

The Springboks and the All Blacks have a rivalry which is mostly based on mutual respect and the fact for 80 years they are the only team who can claim to have been our equals.

But on the other hand we probably get as much, if not more satisfaction from beating the Wannabes for the simple reason they are pricks.
[/b]
SA VS NZ is the best matches ever

The Reds vs Tah's is always an emotion charged match, even though the last few haven't gone the right way. They're always the best attended matches, it's like our version of State of Origin.

In Brisbane Club - anyone vs Brothers lol

And the mighty GPS comp Terrace vs Nudgee

Ah, its always England vs Wales for me im afraid - has to be, being a Welshman.

Although the kiwis are always a good un as well

<div class='quotemain'> The greatest team vs team rivalry is obviously South Africa vs Australia/New Zealand [/b]
please expand. Why is that greater than Aus v NZ or England v France?
[/b][/quote]
The Boks and the All Blacks dominated world rugby in the 20th century and had epic battles against each other, so naturally I'd give that rivalry top spot.

Only in recent times, have the All Blacks pulled away from us.

please expand. Why is that greater than Aus v NZ or England v France?[/b]

A neutral supporter switches on the TV one day, to see 2 RWC games being played at the same time (which wouldn't happen, but it is being used as an example), France play England, and New Zealand play South Africa. Which one do you think he is going to watch?

Nuf said.

Latest posts