• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gta v

j-dawg

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
It's been announced. Trailer next week. Call of duty who?

Hopefully it's nothing like GTAIV - that was the most disappointing game I've ever played. I had such high expectations then it was nothing like GTA should be

Should go back to the Vice City/San Andreas type game, not the new "gritty" one

I hear that Olyy!!.. Take it back to San Andreas style, that was perfect.

I loved Vice City, cruising in the tank with the turret rotated by 180, radio playing 'We're the kids in America' using the gun to propel the tank on one of them long ass bridges at insane speeds.

With the hawaiiesque shirt. Vice City= Legendary. B)

I'd be much more interested in Red Dead Redemption 2 tbh.

Ah, as would I

RD:R - One of the best games (if not the best game) of all time....OF ALL TIME

True ..nothing better than Hogtying Nuns and leaving them on the railway line.... actually the whole Honour and fame end of things meant that I never went bad.. I always did the kind and honourable option , never once in the entire game did I shoot an innocent...whereas GTA I don't think really gives that level of intimacy.

never once in the entire game did I shoot an innocent...

No... you just let the train take the strain ;)

As for GTA4, it seemed to take the fun out of GTA. Hopefully,they'll do just as they did with Red Dead and LA Noire and push the limits and come up with something immense!m0

m0rris

Haha there were some funny glitches in Red Dead. Steal from a nun before you give the donation, steal $3. After you give $3 donation, steal $90 dollars back:lol:

As for GTA, I don't mind the style. I liked the grittiness of IV, but San Andreas was just so fun. I see merit in both approaches. Would rather another Red Dead though.

Ah, as would I

RD:R - One of the best games (if not the best game) of all time....OF ALL TIME

RDR was so awesome, absolutely loved that game. It's hard to separate that and GTA: San Andreas when it comes to my favourite game of all time.

Just got my e-mail about GTA:V from Rockstar games... the first trailer to be released on 2 November 2011.

Hopefully they'll use some of their great work in RDR and LA Noire and incorporate it into GTA...

Maybe we'll get a modern day De Santa screwing a nun at the train station while you have to hogtie a priest for fiddling with your cousin's son and now you have to teach him a lesson... lol!

Hope it's based in San Andreas. And what would be immense is going to an airport and cutscene fly (free flying would be even better but doubtful cos of loading citiy times) to Vice City/Liberty etc.

I did enjoy GTA IV but it left out many great things from San Andreas (mini games, character build up...). I hope they concentrate on things like that in the new one. A Dopewars type trading economy in there would be a good mini game you could do anytime too.

Add a prison too! If you get busted you go straight to prison - choose to escape or serve out your set time by tryin to become the daddy by beatin inmates up n stuff (bumming can be left out of the game)

GTA V could be a good un' tho

Some sites are saying it'll be set in real world LA.....

There are only three games that have ever lived up to the hype for me; GTA: San Andreas, COD Modern warfare and Red dead redemption.

San andreas was just immense. Loved being able to make your character your own, or in my case, Mr T. In Red Dead, the grit worked, it just fit in so well. Loved the DLC too, but it should be left to stand on it's own. There isn't anything left to be done in the west so maybe a change in direction (pirates?).

Last edited:
Some sites are saying it'll be set in real world LA.....
I've heard the same
Also heard to expect a lot of famous actors in their, using LA Noire's facial software to animate them properly

Basically mix GTA IV with LA Noire - that's what the rumours are

I enjoyed GTA IV, but I agree that San Andreas had it pretty much perfect, as did Vice City.

What made San Andreas sooo good, was the huge map which had everything from mountains, farms and deserts to sky scrapers. It was nairly perfect, and if it had the same level of graphics as GTA IV, it would be outstanding. What made GTA IV a little boring, was the fact the city was all there was, just a huge city. There wasn't enough you could do (that being said I've played hundreds of hours on it still...). I want them to bring back the aeroplane and jet packs and custom cars, the stuff you could mess around with well after the story is over. I used to get gang members to join me in Helicopters and jump out of them for some boss free falling into the ocean. There's just not the same level of fun like that.

GTA: Vice City was all about the atmosphere. It was great for different reasons than San Andreas (best radio soundtrack of any game by far, although San Adreas was very good), and I loved how you had your own goons.

Can't wait for the trailer. Hope they include more characters from the original series, as the continuity was one of the rewarding features of the series before GTA IV.

I've also heard real world LA will be the setting, but it would be awesome if the series did make a return to San Andreas, or at least a very similar concept.

I didn't even finish GTA 4. I finished the Ballad of Gay Tony expansion but I just felt it wasn't enough like the old GTA's.

I enjoyed GTA IV, but I agree that San Andreas had it pretty much perfect, as did Vice City.

What made San Andreas sooo good, was the huge map which had everything from mountains, farms and deserts to sky scrapers. It was nairly perfect, and if it had the same level of graphics as GTA IV, it would be outstanding. What made GTA IV a little boring, was the fact the city was all there was, just a huge city. There wasn't enough you could do (that being said I've played hundreds of hours on it still...). I want them to bring back the aeroplane and jet packs and custom cars, the stuff you could mess around with well after the story is over. I used to get gang members to join me in Helicopters and jump out of them for some boss free falling into the ocean. There's just not the same level of fun like that.

GTA: Vice City was all about the atmosphere. It was great for different reasons than San Andreas (best radio soundtrack of any game by far, although San Adreas was very good), and I loved how you had your own goons.

Can't wait for the trailer. Hope they include more characters from the original series, as the continuity was one of the rewarding features of the series before GTA IV.

Video killed the radio star <3 I loved Vice City at the time, but I think San Andreas was just better. All this talk has got me in the mood, going drive some cars off the top of mount chilliad later.

Video killed the radio star <3 I loved Vice City at the time, but I think San Andreas was just better. All this talk has got me in the mood, going drive some cars off the top of mount chilliad later.

The greatest thing was actually cycling off the top. When you got your bike skill up, you could actually land/not die!

I also think San Andres was better. The whole world was just fantastic. My curse is, I can't play older games. They may have better story lines, general game play and were more fun at the time, but if it feels like a step down in graphics, I tend to find it hard to get back into it. Terrible attitude and spoils a lot for me.

Thats exactly the same for me. The shooting animations and dying (yes dying) animations are hard to get into again.

But loved that small airstrip in the desert in San Andreas. Just so awesome that you could get a harrier or something and bomb downtown LA. If they stick to the same attitude with this one it could be something else. Just imagine San Andreas with GTA IV's graphics, physics and Red Deads dying and limping stuff.

Latest posts