• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guess what arrived on my doorstep this morn?

I think it was called an opinion.

He isn't god. At least I don't think Trev is...
<

I just want to know whether the computer AI is good, and does unexpected things, like chip kicks over the defence etc. Something other than run at you, pass it, score.......hmm, that's what rugby is!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 25 2006, 10:24 PM
Something thats been bugging me for ages...

You know how you set up a maul by running your player into the attacker when on defense. What about when you're on attack, and you get a clean break away and your speed bar runs down and you're chased down by a defender, is a maul set up (from behind) like in WCR? Because that was really annoying and one of the things that ****** me off the most. It totally defies momentum and you just stop short.
It depends how you're tackled. If you're got round the legs, you're brought crashing down to the floor and the ball is put on the deck, and then as normal. If you're just held up, you can drive the ball forward.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 26 2006, 12:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 25 2006, 10:59 PM
how come you guys both got copies?

Courtesy of Trev and Swordfish. Many thanks.
<
Puts some of the rare praise for the game, including that from Locksley, fairly and squarely in the 'ahuh, I get it now' category.

Now you have your free games can we have some more realistic appraisals Locksley? or do you not wanbt to miss out on the next sequel free of charge too?

<
[/b]
I think thats pretty unfair actually and if you think lox, me or anyone else would write a load of bullshit for a copy of a £17 game then I think thats a pretty low opinion of us. I can afford to buy my own games and dont need any freebies. It was a gesture of goodwill from Trev after we had travelled to Birmingham for a matter of a few hours play.

We liked the game when we went to play it. That really is the end of the story.

If you disagree with what we have said then our opinions differ, thats no bad thing as otherwise the world would be a pretty boring place.

FWIW comments like that will probably leave Lox wondering why he bothers posting early release information at all. Is it worth the criticism ?

to be fair not many people on thse boards criticise him - the majority are very thankful of what he does for this forum

Fair point KR.

The game looks good IMO, but I doesnt mean it is!

I surely hope it is, and there is only one way to find out and that is by waiting till my 18th next month
<

It doesn't mean its everybody's cup o' tea, kinda like rugby...

You either love it or hate it.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jan 26 2006, 03:36 AM
Fair point KR.

The game looks good IMO, but I doesnt mean it is!

I surely hope it is, and there is only one way to find out and that is by waiting till my 18th next month
<

It doesn't mean its everybody's cup o' tea, kinda like rugby...

You either love it or hate it.
Yeah I have no problem with people saying " WTF were you thinking I dont agree with you " etc, but IMO to suggest opinions/reviews were down to receiving free copies of the game is pretty ****.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 26 2006, 01:56 AM
but in fairness my comment was aimed at Locksley who said he could not say definitively whether rc2006 or ea06 was better.......I think someone who had played both would know.
Locks Quote from his review of rugby 2006

Anyway, the question you want to know is, “Is Rugby 2006 better than Rugby challenge?†The answer to that is Yes. It has something for everyone, mixes arcade action, realism and simulation together seamlessly and will satisfy those player who like, deep involving gameplay. Rugby Challenge is an arcade game. That’s the way it was written, and that’s how it’s meant to be. For quick 20 minute blasts on a rugby game, RC2006 cannot be beaten. Novices can pick it up and be playing in minutes, but for serious rugby sim fans, Rugby 2006 just goes that bit further.

Up steps Los and eats a large plate of humble pie!!!!!!

Hmm old Los Lover not reading very well these days so that tells you that Locks is not sucking up at all
<

Knowls ignore the guy he is one voice we are many I just look at his posts and laugh not even worth getting sucked in.

The one thing I will give Old Los is dam he is good at winding people up good old LOs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Yeah I have no problem with people saying " WTF were you thinking I dont agree with you " etc, but IMO to suggest opinions/reviews were down to receiving free copies of the game is pretty ****.[/b]

Shows that he thinks so low of you and your personality.

If you review something you give your honest opinion, a bribe has nothing to do with it and should never have.

Play it yourself, then you CAN give your honest opinion.

The game is good, but I am left somewhat dissappointed at the overall experience. I am looking forward to Rugby 2006, all I can say is that this game is good for an hour or two - nothing more.

Not suprised to hear that.

I always thought itwas more on an arcade game, but doesn't make it unplayable.

I'm more of EA fan to be honest, I don't dislike RC2006/WCR its just more realistic and I look for simulation more than arcade styles in games.

Lora -

England 4 stars
Ireland 4 stars
Wales 4 stars
France 4 stars
Scotland 3 stars
Italy 3 stars

Hi,

How can I upload the pictures?

Menu Screen

Main Menu

Stadium Select

Millenium Stadium

Northampton Saints Team

In game shot

I have made a video but I dont know how to upload it.

register an account on photobucket then upload
then copr the url of the pic into the IMG tag

Latest posts