• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guess what arrived on my doorstep this morn?

S

St Helens RLFC

A copy of RC06 for the PS2.
<

I'll be happy to answer as many questions as possible.
<

Lucky boy !

Is the player defence really as awful as other reviewers have said ? I found that's what partly spoiled WCR .

Thks

is it really a big let down as others have said in their reviews ? Is this game really that advanced than wcr and does really live up to the hype you and other on this forum gave it. Is this game actually the acrade version of rl 2.

Whats the kicking like in general play?
Does the fullback appear much in attacking moves.

Something thats been bugging me for ages...

You know how you set up a maul by running your player into the attacker when on defense. What about when you're on attack, and you get a clean break away and your speed bar runs down and you're chased down by a defender, is a maul set up (from behind) like in WCR? Because that was really annoying and one of the things that ****** me off the most. It totally defies momentum and you just stop short.

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 25 2006, 10:17 PM
is it really a big let down as others have said in their reviews ? Is this game really that advanced than wcr and does really live up to the hype you and other on this forum gave it. Is this game actually the acrade version of rl 2.
Why would RC2006 be the arcade version of RL2 ????? Ehhhhh ????

P.S Mine arrived this morning too
<
Pc version. Ohhhh that will be getting some hammer later on tonight
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 25 2006, 10:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 25 2006, 10:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 25 2006, 10:17 PM

<
<
[/b]
Mine arrived too!
<

Many thanks to Trev for this
<

The only thing is though, I've installed the game then when I launch it, it tells me there's no disk in the drive when there is!!!!!

I've not played it yet, but It's driving me mad!

Originally posted by locksley+Jan 25 2006, 10:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Jan 25 2006, 10:32 PM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 25 2006, 10:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 25 2006, 10:17 PM

<
<
Mine arrived too!
<

Many thanks to Trev for this
<

The only thing is though, I've installed the game then when I launch it, it tells me there's no disk in the drive when there is!!!!!

I've not played it yet, but It's driving me mad! [/b]
If you have any drive emulation software installed then try removing that ( such as Daemon tools )

Why dont you go to his place and fix it for him, you guys could check out two player while your at it.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 25 2006, 10:59 PM
how come you guys both got copies?
yeah - was it Trev, or can we dive down to our local shop to get one?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 26 2006, 12:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 26 2006, 12:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 25 2006, 10:59 PM
Courtesy of Trev and Swordfish. Many thanks.
<
[/b]
Puts some of the rare praise for the game, including that from Locksley, fairly and squarely in the 'ahuh, I get it now' category.

Now you have your free games can we have some more realistic appraisals Locksley? or do you not wanbt to miss out on the next sequel free of charge too?

<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 26 2006, 12:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 25 2006, 10:59 PM

Courtesy of Trev and Swordfish. Many thanks.
<
Puts some of the rare praise for the game, including that from Locksley, fairly and squarely in the 'ahuh, I get it now' category.

Now you have your free games can we have some more realistic appraisals Locksley? or do you not wanbt to miss out on the next sequel free of charge too?

<
[/b]
*****y

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 26 2006, 01:32 AM
i like los lover - sometimes he seems to speak a lot of sense.
thanks dude...

your way too genuine to be on the bullshitter category...even if it means I land that stink award....I hope you are rightfully removed from it. U don't deserve to be there.

Big ups and as a result I've moved Henson into my top 25 fav rugby players (not being sarcastic or ironic, he was much lower b4).

<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 25 2006, 09:31 PM
A copy of RC06 for the PS2.
<

I'll be happy to answer as many questions as possible.
<
Just wax lyrical on what is the MOST important things to know in terms of positive and negative...

I think the person with the game will know best exactly what the questions SHOULD be.

So blow us away!!

<
<
<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM

<
Not that you're bitter.
<
<
<

I praised the game because I liked it, and that's all there is to it at the end of the day. I was told I was getting a free copy after I had written my review.

At the end of the day, Trev is a nice guy. He has had no influence in the words written whatsoever.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 26 2006, 01:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 26 2006, 01:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 26 2006, 01:21 AM

<
Not that you're bitter.
<
<
<

I praised the game because I liked it, and that's all there is to it at the end of the day. I was told I was getting a free copy after I had written my review.

At the end of the day, Trev is a nice guy. He has had no influence in the words written whatsoever. [/b]
for sure, for sure,

but in fairness my comment was aimed at Locksley who said he could not say definitively whether rc2006 or ea06 was better.......I think someone who had played both would know.

unless they had the game coming for free of course.

I am not bitter as I am not buying RC 2006......****, I'd love a game tho for sure!! lol!!! Bitter is way too strong and detracts from my point potentially being fair, even if subconsciously.

But I accuse no one of anything at all....and have ALWAYS rated locksley's attitude to given the people info etc....he deserves 50 free games...but I want to get an unabridged and uninfluenced opinion of RC2006 - that is all.

Peace and love.
<

Latest posts