• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro14 - Round 13

Scarlets did quite well considering they were down to 14 men throughout most of the match, and at one point down to 13 too. Dragons showed unusually good composure to come back to win against Cheetahs at the last minute.

Agreed. Don't mean to come across as harsh on the boys but we did mess up a few scores.
One which stood out was when Darren Sweetnam narrowly failed to score in the corner a few minutes before the end of the game. Munster did a great job spreading it wide and Calvin Nash carried with purpose, creating a 2 on 1 overlap. He didn't draw the final man which resulted in that defender drifting onto Sweetnam thus forcing the error. He'll learn from it.

Hard to argue with a bonus point win against a playoff contender while giving significant playing time to a bunch of up and coming players.
I think bigger picture of this comment is more it was the youthful guys who won that BP too. Fought well for that 4th try. Coombes will be a great 2nd row conversion in time. As for Wycherley. The man is becoming a class act game by game. Hodnett also did some great work on his arrival.
And I'm Earls biggest fan but must say for our style Haley Conway and Sweets are best suited.

But also as I said given the implications of our 2 Treviso games the gap is important

Last edited:
Baird is new hype train.
Pfft. He's old news. Some were bigging him up 20 months ago.

Decent academy intake. Ryan Baird, Michael Milne and Scott Penney were three of the schools prospects I've been alluding to. Slightly surprised David Hawkshaw isn't joining them.

Baird was named in the extended Ireland squad today.

Where's the Round 14 thread? Anyway, I'm glad Benetton beat the Dragons. I'd like to see Benetton make the playoffs again. They still have an outside chance...I think. I hope.

Where's the Round 14 thread? Anyway, I'm glad Benetton beat the Dragons. I'd like to see Benetton make the playoffs again. They still have an outside chance...I think. I hope.

Round 14 hasn't been played yet. The Dragons-Benetton match was postponed from a previous round.;)

Latest posts