• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gunners apoint new coach

• Thread starter edinburgh_gunner
  • Start date
E

edinburgh_gunner

Taken from the BBC:
Edinburgh Gunners have made former Welsh assistant Lynn Howells their new head coach.

Howells, who leaves the director of rugby post with the Italian side Leonesse, said: "I am absolutely delighted to be coming to Edinburgh.

"I was extremely impressed from the beginning of the process with the directors' plans for Edinburgh Rugby.

"Edinburgh has a very talented squad and I am extremely excited about the prospect of working with them."

Edinburgh opened the Magners League campaign with a 17-11 defeat at the Ospreys on Saturday evening.

At international level, Lynn coached the Wales U21 and A teams before becoming assistant coach of the senior side between 1998 and 2001.

He was head coach for the Wales tour of Japan in the summer of 2001.

After spells in charge of Pontypridd and as a director of rugby at Celtic Warriors, he moved to Italy in 2003.

Alex Carruthers, Edinburgh's executive chairman, said: "I am delighted that we have been able to attract Lynn Howells.

"He brings with him extensive experience as a head coach, a proven track record of achievement in Celtic League rugby and experience of international rugby as the assistant coach of the Welsh national side.

"Lynn has qualities which we believe will further improve the performance of the Edinburgh squad utilising our experienced players together with the continued development of younger talent.

"He will assume responsibility for the running of the team with effect from 17 September and will work with the existing interim coaching through to the end of the previously announced transition period." [/b]

I don't know much about the man personally, but I know that the Welsh u21s have had alot of success. Perhaps we'll see a couple of new faces now.

Absolutely fantastic with Ponty, I loved this guy! He knew what he was doing as a coach and I hope he bring ever success to the Gunners bar when they play Cardiff that is

Well we owe you a doing for your very jammy win against us at Murrayfield last year, so I'm hoping that it comes this year.

Latest posts