• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Handball or Volleyball

Handball all the way!

Out of Curiosity, is Handall a common sport in UK, Oz, SO, and basically anywhere else out of Europe? Hard to find Handball in NZ, and the only teams i found where made up mainly by french and other eastern european peeps :huh:

Handball all the way!

Out of Curiosity, is Handall a common sport in UK, Oz, SO, and basically anywhere else out of Europe? Hard to find Handball in NZ, and the only teams i found where made up mainly by french and other eastern european peeps :huh: [/b]
Nah, here In Oz I'd say it would be our 37th most popular sport or there abouts.

<div class='quotemain'> Handball all the way!

Out of Curiosity, is Handall a common sport in UK, Oz, SO, and basically anywhere else out of Europe? Hard to find Handball in NZ, and the only teams i found where made up mainly by french and other eastern european peeps :huh: [/b]
Nah, here In Oz I'd say it would be our 37th most popular sport or there abouts.
[/b][/quote]

Well at least you seem to know what handball is... here in NZ you have to explain what it is cause they think it's a game you play with your hands, and tapping a ball against a wall... <_< :wall:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Handball all the way!

[/b][/quote]

Well at least you seem to know what handball is... here in NZ you have to explain what it is cause they think it's a game you play with your hands, and tapping a ball against a wall... <_< :wall: [/b][/quote]
Hahaha yeah I know what you mean. At our indoor sports centre they run a competition called tri-sports which incorporates 3 of the following: Indoor cricket, volleyball, netball, soccer and handball. Its always great fun to play handball! I love pegging the ball at people :D

Expect UK, handball is a major sport in Europe. i.e. in France, every schools have a gymnasium with a handball ground. It is by far the most played sport at school.
Big sides like Barça have an important handball section. The most competitive country are Spain, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, France, Norway and Russia + most part of former communist countrys. The two major leagues are the German and the Spanish.
I can tell you that this sport is very physical with a lots of hard contacts. Guys who are on the floor could easily be involved on rugby teams. At international level, they are all btw 1.85m and 2.00m and 85 to 110kg.

Expect UK, handball is a major sport in Europe. i.e. in France, every schools have a gymnasium with a handball ground. It is by far the most played sport at school.
Big sides like Barça have an important handball section. The most competitive country are Spain, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, France, Norway and Russia + most part of former communist countrys. The two major leagues are the German and the Spanish.
I can tell you that this sport is very physical with a lots of hard contacts. Guys who are on the floor could easily be involved on rugby teams. At international level, they are all btw 1.85m and 2.00m and 85 to 110kg.
[/b]

I have played that game for 10years for my city (Bois-Colombes) in my early days - I always loved that sport, it got contacts, pace, tricks and what not - and sh*t i wouldn't like to be a goal keeper aye...
a shame it is not more recognised all ove the world though... i think Korea got a descent team too... haaaaa the good old days of the "Bargeots"

Olympic Handballl is more like squash.. team handball is a cross between basketball and soccer.

Team Handball is mainly played in Europe in the major European sports nations (Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Sweden etc)

We have a team in the UK but we are amateur. I could make the England team if i learned the game and trained hard enough in a couple of years. That is the situation of UK team handball.

handball!
And come on France for the women's world championships in france !!!

Handball of course. In my homecountry it's much more famous than the volleyball.

i prefer handall than volley ball..my favourite team is montpellier.there is a lot of goog players and the french team is the best of the world

well I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that handball seems to be more popular in France, so much so that they kept cutting off the Clermont Wasps game today, which was by no means your run of the mill Heineken Cup encounter to bring us women's handball between France and Macedonia :wall:

Oh, definately volleyball, without a doubt. I play volleyball on my school team. It's a blast.

Latest posts